Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926896 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #975 on: May 24, 2012, 06:34:04 am »

You know what would rock? A free-roaming (in the vein of GTA, Saints Row, Red Dead Redemption, ect.) mech game with mech customization on par (or better than) Armored Core.

If only.  :-\

I cant imagine in a thousand years how a sand box, none linear Armor Core would work. That's just super bizarre.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 26, 2012, 05:40:17 am »

Maybe not so much GTA, but Just Cause. Plenty of opportunity for over-the-shoulder rampant destruction, not so much for commandeering other vehicles. You could maybe get away with having enemy mechs you could climb aboard and beat up and throw out the other pilot, but that somewhat negates the purpose of customization (although a robust customization system would allow for a large variety of enemy mechs to fight).

I've never played Armor Core per se, just a couple different installments of Mechwarrior, but I can imagine a mech game with customization in a large, destructable sandbox environment. Possibly in multiple locations - instead of just one island, with its myriad environments, as in JC2, multiple planets/systems/warzones, each with their mix of environments.

Of course, it is also kind of hard to imagine in what universe would a clandestine - as opposed to mercenary - mech pilot operate (as opposed to a clandestine human operative).

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 02, 2012, 03:04:59 pm »

I want to play a game where you design your own weapons or vehicles in some way that actually allows innovation, rather than just "+1 attack, -1 accuracy". Are there any out there other than Aurora?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 02, 2012, 03:41:50 pm »

Unless you count Borderlands, no. :(

I want minecraft with giant mechs. And moar Dakka.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 02, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »

Hey guys, remember this? The whole reason I found out about DF? Well, I want that, but I want it to be so immersive that I feel like a shell is going to drop at anytime, and I'm going to have to scoop someone's guts back into their belly, all the while they're screaming their lungs out, only to realize that it's hopeless. I want to wallow around in a blood drenched, corpse laden trench, watching as my comrades are torn to bits by a bayonet charge. I want to slowly go insane and die of Typhus in a trench. I want Attrition Warfare: The Game basically. Perhaps incorporated with this:

I'd like a game where you play as an infantryman, and you don't have much control over where you go.  You can sign up in different parts of the military ( Commando, Marine, Special Ops, etc ) but that's it.  You'll be deployed, and fight, and hopefully not die.  Perma-death for a character is essential.

Would be cool if this is set in space, like Starship Troopers.  Fucking WW1 man.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 02, 2012, 04:58:00 pm »

Spreadsheets:The Game
Seriously, I need something SO spreadsheet based that I start to realise them. I just see them as a regular graphical interface. Nothing strange with them, so I never get it when people complain.
With Aurora say, it took me about 5 hours playtime to realise why people were complaining about spreadsheets. Until then, I didn't even notice anything spreadsheety about it, just numbers that I needed to know.

So, more spreadsheets, less pictures.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 02, 2012, 05:16:13 pm »

Unless you count Borderlands, no. :(

I want minecraft with giant mechs. And moar Dakka.

This.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 02, 2012, 06:04:47 pm »

Well, I want that, but I want it to be so immersive that I feel like a shell is going to drop at anytime, and I'm going to have to scoop someone's guts back into their belly, all the while they're screaming their lungs out, only to realize that it's hopeless. I want to wallow around in a blood drenched, corpse laden trench, watching as my comrades are torn to bits by a bayonet charge. I want to slowly go insane and die of Typhus in a trench.

...WTF did I just read?

KG

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 02, 2012, 07:15:43 pm »

Seconded. What the heck?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 02, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »

From now on, whenever I think a game is lacking in brutal, horrific realism... the proper appeal is "I want to slowly go insane and die of Typhus in a trench."  Shortening it to "I want to die of Typhus in a trench" might be a bit catchier.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:39 pm »

Not enough games these days allow you to die from disease. Actually, I can't think of any offhand other than Oregon Trail.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 02, 2012, 09:33:29 pm »

Heh heh. I was watching some Saving Private Ryan clips on youtube, got me a little hyped up there.  :D
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Conor5677

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 04, 2012, 04:38:01 pm »

I've always wished there was a multiplayer space game that was pretty much like space build in garry's mod, but much larger.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:28 pm »

Not enough games these days allow you to die from disease. Actually, I can't think of any offhand other than Oregon Trail.

Unreal World.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 05, 2012, 01:11:43 am »

I wish there was a cyberpunk GTA-style game.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 577