Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926699 times)

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1800 on: February 10, 2013, 07:28:14 pm »

A new game with the gameplay style of Chaos Legion. I don't mean DMC, I mean an actual Chaos Legion game.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=let%27s+play+chaos+legion

Click on any of those options and watch the original.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1801 on: February 13, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »

Reposting a post I just made on Fark...

I wasn't very excited over Kinect type systems, nor for 3D TV, but a system that combines the two... starts to get interesting.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out Online 2014 anyone?

Finally, you CAN punch someone in the face over the internet!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 13, 2013, 05:59:19 pm »

Unfortunately, they won't feel it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 13, 2013, 06:07:52 pm »

Unfortunately, they won't feel it.
It comes with a special headset. It's electrodes that you stick on your face.
And they have to sense a pulse and moisture to work.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 14, 2013, 06:16:59 am »

I don't think motion controls will be really good until there's actual tactile feedback, be it through some sort of glove or physical props or what have you. While I can swing a remote and kinda pretend it's a sword, I'm not meeting any resistance when I hit something. That always throws me off.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 14, 2013, 06:29:29 am »

I don't think motion controls will be really good until 'games' are actually pocket universes created whole-cloth that allow the player to physically take the role of the character they're playing.

Nah, but seriously, imagine it. No lag for multiplayer, the ability to potentially experience an entirely new body (Afraid of spiders? Become one!) and the ability to learn how to actually, say, fly a jet fighter without having to worry about permanently dying horribly if you crash.
Nothing important here, move along.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 14, 2013, 07:02:10 am »

This is "games you wish existed" not "separate realities you wish existed". This topic works so much better if you restrict yourself to current technology.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1807 on: February 14, 2013, 09:24:49 am »

This is "games you wish existed" not "separate realities you wish existed". This topic works so much better if you restrict yourself to current technology.
Okay Debby Downer. I can't *wish* I had a virtual reality boxing game so I could practice at home of all places? I think you need to sit down son.
Its a game. And I wish it existed. Therefore it isn't derailing the thread, mister paralegal-in-training. :P

Speaking of tactile feedback, I remember reading about this Street Fighter II arena where the players would hook up electrodes to themselves. And whenever you were struck in-game, it would electrocute you IRL. It looked like a ton of fun. :) I wish I had it set up to work for Mortal Kombat.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:27:55 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 14, 2013, 09:34:42 am »

Okay Debby Downer. I can't *wish* I had a virtual reality boxing game so I could practice at home of all places? I think you need to sit down son.
Its a game. And I wish it existed. Therefore it isn't derailing the thread, mister paralegal-in-training. :P

Speaking of tactile feedback, I remember reading about this Street Fighter II arena where the players would hook up electrodes to themselves. And whenever you were struck in-game, it would electrocute you IRL. It looked like a ton of fun. :) I wish I had it set up to work for Mortal Kombat.

What would happen if you got fatalitied though? Ow.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 14, 2013, 09:37:07 am »

Just start a fight club in the parking lot of a local bar. This holds the extra bonus of self discovery and learning your own place in the world. Side effects may include dating Helena Carter and easy to spot plot twists.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 14, 2013, 10:09:14 am »

What would happen if you got fatalitied though? Ow.

Nah, it wouldn't electrocute you that much.

In any case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuKva8GUwBk

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 14, 2013, 12:25:50 pm »

Ok let me see

A Hard game that is challenging

Yet its difficulty isn't a selling point.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 14, 2013, 12:29:11 pm »

That's really vague. How do you think this would be implemented exactly?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 14, 2013, 12:35:29 pm »

That's really vague. How do you think this would be implemented exactly?

Simple any game that is hard... but where both the developers and the fans do not jump infront of me and go "Ohh man you have to play this, it is actually hard!"

since those tend to get me games where:
1) They are too hard to be enjoyable
2) Where the difficulty is meant to be overcome with a strategy guide
3) Where the difficulty comes from unfun gameplay elements such as a character who walks like they are wading through jello.

A game that is hard but where that comes naturally from the fact that it is fun.

Not a game that is fun and hard...

A game that is fun but just happens to be hard.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 14, 2013, 12:39:35 pm »

Well, that's relying too much on the developers and the fans, since difficulty is subjective. I imagine some guy managed to make a completely working dwarf fortress on his first try, while someone else dies within a few seconds of playing Pacman. It's all subjective, and that's why it's still vague.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 577