Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926912 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2385 on: May 29, 2013, 03:06:08 pm »

A game where you explore the space and planets via starships and meet aliens etc.
The catch: the space is the Internet, and the planets are websites. (and "aliens" could be people's avatars)

I guess we're doing that as we speak, being on planet Bay-12 and using Opera-class starship (I'm using it anyway, others might be using Firefox or Chrome-classes).

I don't know if there would be any kind of particular purpose beyond doing whatever the particular website planet would offer, but hey - modders, rejoice!

Also, a game combining universes of ALL games in EXISTENCE (downright fucking impossible beyond forum RPs).

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 29, 2013, 03:12:46 pm »

A game where you explore the space and planets via starships and meet aliens etc.
The catch: the space is the Internet, and the planets are websites. (and "aliens" could be people's avatars)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: May 29, 2013, 03:22:39 pm »

Oh god...
UNRECOGNIZABLE EXCUSABLE 90s SHOW ALERT!

(seriously, no goddamn idea)
(now that I look at te wiki page it's not really from the 90s, but boy it looks like it)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: May 29, 2013, 04:03:38 pm »

I remember that show.  I learned about negative numbers looooong before other kids my age due to that show.  All I can really rember is a weird chicken called Digit (I think) and Hacker dude. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: May 29, 2013, 04:16:08 pm »

I remember that show.  I learned about negative numbers looooong before other kids my age due to that show.  All I can really rember is a weird chicken called Digit (I think) and Hacker dude.

Same here. I also remember Motherboard's creepy-ass blue collage face.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2390 on: May 29, 2013, 04:53:03 pm »

O.O

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: May 29, 2013, 04:55:46 pm »

Why am I reminded of Candle Cove whenever people start reminicing about old TV shows? It's surprisingly accurate for a creepypasta.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: May 29, 2013, 05:25:50 pm »

O.O
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: May 29, 2013, 05:26:30 pm »

Oh thank you for reminding me.  I thought I had successfully repressed that. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: May 29, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »

Give the girl some credit, she is Corrupted due to the Big Bad...
I am sure she is a very beautiful processor...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 29, 2013, 09:25:36 pm »

Give the girl some credit, she is Corrupted due to the Big Bad...
I am sure she is a very beautiful processor...

I thought there was an episode where they REALLY fucked her up. Like, she even turned red. The color of EVIL.

I remember more about this show because I watched the shit out of it as a kid.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2396 on: May 30, 2013, 03:06:28 am »

An MMO of sorts which is essentially Planetside but Chivalry; You have your crossbows and swords, horses and catapults, and everything. You are broken down into ranks and files in a feudal power structure of sorts.

Most importantly, you only get one life per battle, and you don't so much resurrect as get replaced by a family member. You'll have the same family crest and (perhaps) some attributes you've gained by leveling up your "family honor".

The low-level game is a tough ground-level slog; low-level characters lose very little with each death, while high-level ones lose much more. Since commanders will be higher level, they tend to avoid direct combat, which somehow seems realistic to me.

There's plenty of tweaks to that, which I will mostly skip over for brievity. Suffice it to say, I'm sure some "deaths" could merely be being subdued, allowing comrades to recover you. Nobility/high level could be a long-term boost for your house, although a death could still demote you from Baron to Knight, Heir to the late Baron.

Importantly, actual leadership is not a skill or attribute, even one of nobility; you are given leadership positions by a higher-ranking member of your faction, and that includes the ability to give orders to lower-ranking members (and dispense new leadership positions, naturally.)

This is all you need for the basic idea, which is an online ad-hoc-sword-based-surgery-simulator. However, this is missing an important part: Backstabbing.

As you get higher ranks, such as that of Count, you can start observing the (mostly self-managing) economy, and you can be aware of good harvests (plentiful food means that people are cheaper to replace), caravans of gold entering the region (GOLD!), a plauge amongst horses (weakening mounted units...). And you can see the benefit when the Franks offer to grant you food for your starving County in exchange for, well, not to put too fine a point on it, but changing sides.

At which point, you can switch sides, and tell you men to switch sides! And if one of your lieutenants is a filthy loyalist, put a price on his hide! Perhaps he'll go outlaw, perhaps he'll try to reach the border... you don't know, because he is a human player as well!

Marry your cousins off to great generals (effectively, decrease your family's power and increase theirs)! Send a caravan of rare metals to a major city (under armed guard... which might not be entirely trustable...) in the hopes that the engineer there will invent a better steel! Maybe even hire a boat to take a spy to an enemy port under cover of normal trade traffic...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 30, 2013, 07:53:42 pm »

Wrong topic, never mind. Where's that darn delete button?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: May 30, 2013, 08:08:52 pm »

I want a game with two modes. the first like star wars battlefront, where you are just a regular soldier, nothing special, the second is controlling everything like an rts and you can swap between modes mid battle. (but it kills your troop if you go to rts mode to make it fair)
Urban Assault is sorta like that. It's basically an RTS but you can direct control of individual units. It lacks infantry, just tanks, planes, and helicopters, and whatever the fuck the alien factions use.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2399 on: May 31, 2013, 12:06:05 am »

I want a game with two modes. the first like star wars battlefront, where you are just a regular soldier, nothing special, the second is controlling everything like an rts and you can swap between modes mid battle. (but it kills your troop if you go to rts mode to make it fair)
Urban Assault is sorta like that. It's basically an RTS but you can direct control of individual units. It lacks infantry, just tanks, planes, and helicopters, and whatever the fuck the alien factions use.
That was a popular gimmick for RTSes a while back, I know some versions of TA: Spring have it, and there was a mythology-themed one I can't remember the name of.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 577