Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407092 times)

BlackRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #1006 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:13 pm »

For the spire thing, it doesn't have to be an "official" spire, just something that looks like one.

Since the main problems with the spire maps is the tall spires end up being technically infinite, and producing some seriously weird glitches where dwarfs won't mine them.

I was thinking it would mainly be for RP maps or things like that.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 26, 2012, 10:00:42 pm »

In that case, you can open the raws, remove [LAVA] from Obsidian, and place it onto Adamantine.  Then use DFLiquids, and using the "obsidian" mode it will now paint adamantine instead.  When you're done, undo the changes and your artificial spire will remain.

Works for any material, really.  You can produce a slade tower if you want.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1008 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:28 pm »

In that case, you can open the raws, remove [LAVA] from Obsidian, and place it onto Adamantine.  Then use DFLiquids, and using the "obsidian" mode it will now paint adamantine instead.  When you're done, undo the changes and your artificial spire will remain.
No, it will not - it'll change back to obsidian once you save/load. As such, you could just as easily cast a bunch of obsidian, save, then move [LAVA] from Obsidian to Raw Adamantine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:46:57 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 26, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »

Hrm, really?  I could swear that it would stick...

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2012, 12:18:05 am »

Obsidian is handled using a special set of tile types, rather than a vein, so there's no specific material ID stored with the tiles (though I'd imagine there's a global "LAVA Stone Mat Index" variable that gets filled in whenever the raws are loaded). Any stones you mined out should stick, though.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:36 am »

Obsidian is handled using a special set of tile types, rather than a vein, so there's no specific material ID stored with the tiles (though I'd imagine there's a global "LAVA Stone Mat Index" variable that gets filled in whenever the raws are loaded).
Interestingly, it's not a global, but part of the geology data - if you have more than one [LAVA] stone, you'll get a different one in each biome.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2012, 10:34:37 am »

I don't see that a 0.34.06 compatible release has been officially announced yet, so probably everything since 0.34.05-r1 is still considered unstable, but I wanted to report an apparent bug anyway...

On all commits since edf77c (Link protobuf to dfhack core as a shared library.), the Linux build seems to no longer work. It compiles fine, but running it simply gives "Memory fault" and dies. I did a Debug build, and the core file generated indicates the memory fault is here:

Core was generated by `/usr/local/games/dwarf-fortress/dfbin/libs/Dwarf_Fortress'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
[New process 25918]
#0  0xf74d0644 in global constructors keyed to DataStaticsFields.cpp ()
   from /usr/local/games/dwarf-fortress/dfbin/hack/libdfhack.so

Not so sure that helps a lot, but it gives someplace to start. This is on a 64-bit Debian 5.0.8 system with GCC 4.5.0, but is repeatable on Debian 6.0.4 (64-bit also with same version of compiler). I could try a different compiler version as well, but it'll take a while to cook one up...

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2012, 10:52:05 am »

http://zalil.ru/32962130
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/325079/dfhack-0.34.06-r1f-Windows-pre-alpha.zip

Ok, since I can't wait anymore for release i've just download and compile partially complete version of DFHack. "Reveal" and "prospect" seems works, it's enough for me to start. Other features could work, or not. I did nothing except downloading and compiling.

If you can't wait like me - you could try it.

And thanks again to all people working at this awesome project

PS windows only
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:56:24 am by Rinin_Rus »
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability
« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:42 pm »

Thnx, I wasnt sure what would happen first, dfhack getting updated or df getting updated.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 27, 2012, 01:47:25 pm »

Obsidian is handled using a special set of tile types, rather than a vein, so there's no specific material ID stored with the tiles (though I'd imagine there's a global "LAVA Stone Mat Index" variable that gets filled in whenever the raws are loaded).
Interestingly, it's not a global, but part of the geology data - if you have more than one [LAVA] stone, you'll get a different one in each biome.

I must find a way to abuse this.

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 27, 2012, 01:53:48 pm »

Thanks Rinin, those two tools are the ones I use the most anyways.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #1017 on: March 27, 2012, 04:21:40 pm »

Yes, thanks Rinin.  Drybuckets seems to work.  18 buckets recovered, wheee!   :)
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Electrode

• Bay Watcher
  • murmurs horrible curses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 27, 2012, 06:48:23 pm »

I don't see that a 0.34.06 compatible release has been officially announced yet, so probably everything since 0.34.05-r1 is still considered unstable, but I wanted to report an apparent bug anyway...

On all commits since edf77c (Link protobuf to dfhack core as a shared library.), the Linux build seems to no longer work. It compiles fine, but running it simply gives "Memory fault" and dies. I did a Debug build, and the core file generated indicates the memory fault is here:

(snip)

Not so sure that helps a lot, but it gives someplace to start. This is on a 64-bit Debian 5.0.8 system with GCC 4.5.0, but is repeatable on Debian 6.0.4 (64-bit also with same version of compiler). I could try a different compiler version as well, but it'll take a while to cook one up...

Latest code (d2d16271f0) is working fine for me, built with GCC 4.5.3 on 64-bit Gentoo. Remember that you need to compile dfhack as a 32-bit app. Try:

Code: [Select]
cd dfhack/build
setarch i386 cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/df_linux
setarch i386 make install

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 28, 2012, 09:56:57 am »

It seems that something horrible happened, that means no dfhacks, which is horrible.

Playing without dfhacks is really anoying (clean, prospect,fastdwarf,etc) :'(
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 373