Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407962 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #825 on: March 09, 2012, 12:51:27 pm »

thanks, did all that.  Now what you guys think.  Where can I learn to do some dfhack plugins/scripts.  I know how to program in C++, but I'm really green.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 09, 2012, 12:55:42 pm »

Thanks for updating this so quickly!  I really appreciate your hard work.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 09, 2012, 03:10:23 pm »

Apparently my formula was off, I had the factor's backwards

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update 2:
I have my center's off, have to redo formula.  Apparently there was gaps in numbers on the attributes page.  I didn't see that the "center" was actually not on the chart.

Updated Formula
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:49:15 pm by thistleknot »

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 09, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »

The trigger isn't "discovering magma in a newly revealed area" - the trigger is discovering the appropriate map feature, specifically either a volcano, a magma pool, or a magma sea. If you're particularly tricky, you might be able to grab a suitably ordinary map block, set its global feature index to that of the magma sea (there might actually be more than one), then set the "is global feature" flag on a particular tile and dig to it to trigger the "You have discovered the magma sea" message and enable the magma workshops.

OOH. that has my attention. Can those flags be found and manipulated with tiletypes? I will absolutely try it if anybody proposes a method (I'm getting sick of using hacked reactions to generate charcoal, although it does keep my haulers busy), and report back.
I actually looked a bit closer at the code for populating the Build menus and it seems that there's a list that presumably contains all of the features in your current embark, so it might be necessary to choose a specific feature ID in order for it to work (since if it's not native to your embark, it might not be in that list and thus wouldn't be able to enable magma workshops).

The probe command has shown me the feature ID. for my magma sea, for example, the global feature ID on my current embark is 980 (followed by an 8 in brackets; not sure what that means but I'm pretty sure it's not part of the ID). So that part works out fine. I can also successfully find feature IDs for other major features like caverns and rivers. But now I'm not sure how to apply this ID to tiles. tiletypes doesn't seem to have this functionality. Is there a tool that can manipulate this data?

Also, another question: what exactly do fixdiplomats, fixmerchants and fixveins do to my raw files? I've got some modifications, including a human liaison (fixing that problem already) so are there any specifics? I don't want to mess up any of my changes by using a function I don't need too badly right now.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #829 on: March 09, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »

thanks, did all that.  Now what you guys think.  Where can I learn to do some dfhack plugins/scripts.  I know how to program in C++, but I'm really green.
Well, there are just a few things I can tell you:
  • the documentation is non-existent, because nobody has the time to write some.
  • Even thought there's no documentation, there's an example plugin that 'does nothing'. So you can start by looking at it. There's a source file, an empty header and a CMake file which is set up for a much bigger plugin than the skeleton one to show how things can be done with the build system.
  • You can look at the other plugins.
  • When you have the DFHack build environment set up, it generates a lot of files in library/include/df/. Those describe many of the game's data structures and are referenced by the plugins.
  • Look at the modular API stuff - sometimes it makes things easier to do or discover.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 10, 2012, 12:49:31 am »

thx! I was hoping to disect dwarfexport.  It had statements I'm not too familiar w. Basically when it was using element( call stuff I knew it was writing those xml blocks of data to the file, I hope to intercept that data and just pull the attributes.  However I'm not sure what object its referencing to get that data. I figured it must be some dfhack library object.  I also saw a statement I've never seen before: ->

I think I can figure it tho.  Do I have to compile this stuff a certain way to get it to run?. I mean once its coded using the skeletal stuff you gave me, I have everything I need to compile?

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 10, 2012, 02:23:18 am »

The latest version of this seems to make DF allways-on-top on Windows. This is rather annoying, and I hope it can be fixed.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 10, 2012, 03:11:56 am »

I think that's an init issue.  Check your init.txt for your graphical options.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 10, 2012, 07:45:22 am »

Damn i want DFusion :(.
Isn't there a way to manually update it ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 10, 2012, 07:58:45 am »

Well, there are just a few things I can tell you:
  • the documentation is non-existent, because nobody has the time to write some.
  • Even thought there's no documentation, there's an example plugin that 'does nothing'. So you can start by looking at it. There's a source file, an empty header and a CMake file which is set up for a much bigger plugin than the skeleton one to show how things can be done with the build system.
  • You can look at the other plugins.
  • When you have the DFHack build environment set up, it generates a lot of files in library/include/df/. Those describe many of the game's data structures and are referenced by the plugins.
  • Look at the modular API stuff - sometimes it makes things easier to do or discover.
Not sure whether this belongs here, but I've questioned once again myself if it might be recommended to write a more complex "official" hack manual (not about the programming but the playing with hack in df), since some questions (like about tiletypes) come up rather often. With some help of other active dfhack users, we might be able to get something quiet decent, so that people not that experienced with the console can use it and newbies don't have to fiddle out everything on there own (For example I did not now for a long time that i could paint every mineral with changes of the magma tags in the raws). Could, if someone gets to it, as well include some tips on how to contribute to dfhack.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 10, 2012, 08:44:22 am »

I think that's an init issue.  Check your init.txt for your graphical options.
It wasn't touched. Simply swapping out SDL.dll changes the game back to normal.

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 10, 2012, 10:10:08 am »

ALSO: little trick for magma forges - apparently it's recorded as civ data.  Embark, dig down to the sea, and abandon.  Make a new embark anywhere, and magma forges will be enabled.  Seems once dwarves know about magma, they remember it!

I've put this to the test and if your magma was a volcano then it definitly doesn't work. Might have been that I didn't throw a dwarf down there to get the popup but i'm hesistant to do so as that would create a possible ghost immigrant situation.

Will have to dig down and then block it all up I guess.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 10, 2012, 10:32:43 am »

ALSO: little trick for magma forges - apparently it's recorded as civ data.  Embark, dig down to the sea, and abandon.  Make a new embark anywhere, and magma forges will be enabled.  Seems once dwarves know about magma, they remember it!

I've put this to the test and if your magma was a volcano then it definitly doesn't work. Might have been that I didn't throw a dwarf down there to get the popup but i'm hesistant to do so as that would create a possible ghost immigrant situation.

Why not just throw a cat down there? I'm pretty sure it should work the same...

Will have to dig down and then block it all up I guess.

This is what I do to get cavern trees and grass.

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 10, 2012, 11:16:06 am »

I prefer to keep ''path-able'' space as limited as possible and I want to create my own volcano to avoid fps issues. Should've indeed thrown a cat down but already abandoned. by the way; 3 kobolds settled in my old fort, how cute!

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 10, 2012, 12:52:05 pm »

Is there some way to reset dfhack without having to restart DF? When I abandon a fortress, then embark onto a new spot I canīt use the reveal feature because dfhack tells me "map is already revealed or this is a different map".
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 373