Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407952 times)

Dragula

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r2
« Reply #1290 on: April 18, 2012, 10:27:41 am »

The procedure entry point
?ReadGeology@Maps@DFHack@@YA_NAAV?$vector@V?$vector@GV?@allocator@G@std@@@std@@V?$allcotar blabla

could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:30:41 am by Dragula »

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 18, 2012, 10:29:53 am »

The new animal management stuff is super great! I might actually breed animals, now. Thanks everyone!  :D

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 18, 2012, 10:36:16 am »

The procedure entry point
?ReadGeology@Maps@DFHack@@YA_NAAV?$vector@V?$vector@GV?@allocator@G@std@@@std@@V?$allcotar blabla

could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll

You copied the newest version of dfhack over your old version and one of the old plugins (most probably df2minecraft and vdig) can't use the new SDL.dll. You can either ignore the message or delete the old plugin(s) from the /hack/plugins folder. When you look at the dfhack console there will be a message which tells you which plugins could not be loaded. Delete these.

The new animal management stuff is super great! I might actually breed animals, now. Thanks everyone!  :D

It could (and will) be improved in the future. Some ideas about how to auto-pasture animals are floating around but not realized yet. Suggestions on that topic are welcome.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:41:00 am by robertheinrich »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 18, 2012, 12:29:12 pm »

I haven't played yet, but it seems there's some options to use in tandem, namely with autozone and autobutcher.  What occurs to me most is to, for instance, set up a series of nest boxes with 1x1 pasture zones, and bring turkey.  Set the butchery rules to "keep 5 males and 10 females" and it will automatically keep them producing eggs and butchering off the excess.

Or, if you're a bit creative, you could even do such things as an automated system that would breed wild animals, cage them, and toss them off a cliff so you can butcher the gibbles.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 18, 2012, 01:23:08 pm »

@Girlinhat: well, almost. Autobutcher and autonestbox work together fine. Zone is currently not yet automated like that, it's a run-once command. So you still have to manually pasture fresh animals which are not autonestboxed manually now and then.

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »

I'd like that if there were to be an 'autopasture' addition, it automatically assigns grazers to patches of grass it can feed on. Oftentimes I've forgotten to pasture a stray baby llama, to find it starving to death, milling about in the dining room.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 18, 2012, 05:36:54 pm »

As for 'autopasture' / 'autozone': please describe how you want it to act like. It was not added to the current dfhack release because there are tons of different cases depending on the current situation. Adding all new grazers to some default zone might result into not enough grass for all of them, just to mention one example. We are considering some way to watch (grazer) pastures and check the grass available on them, though... Some future release of dfhack will probably be able to automagically move your grazers from zone1 to zone2 once the grass on zone1 is deplenished... but not the current one, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:49:24 pm by robertheinrich »

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 18, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »

Suggestion: A command that makes the selected garbage zone active, and all other garbage zones inactive. I don't know how many times I've wanted to dump some items to a specific zone and instead the REDACTED dwarves grab the items and run off to the stairs, and I have to search all over the place to figure out what garbage zone they decided to take the stuff to. This is the main reason I've never built a garbage shaft that leads straight down to the magma sea. I'm afraid that I'll designate some caged goblin's iron sword to be dumped and they'll toss it down the shaft instead of in the zone where I want it. If I could select one and only one garbage zone to be active, dumping would be much less stressful.

I have no idea how hard it would be to find all the garbage zones and make them inactive. Since they all get listed in the 'R' list, I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 18, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

If I were going all out on the autopasture feature, then I'd have the user put the cursor over a pasture and type a command to add it to the list.  It would store a list of flagged pastures and their sizes.  You then use a separate command to specify "Keep llamas pastured."  It would skim the raws to check the grazer tag on llamas and assign them to different pastures based on their grazing speed.  Like, if we find that llamas need 5 tiles of grass to self-sustain, and you make a pasture zone 24 tiles large and another that's 6 tiles large, it would automatically put 4 llamas into one zone and 1 into the other.

Of course that would rely on a formula that compares the grazer and trample tokens to figure out the tiles needed per creature, but would be very nifty if it worked at all.

As a simpler solution, the player could make a pasture zone and then put the cursor over it and specify "this zone can support 3 llamas."  Then when autopasture was enabled, it would find any llamas that were not assigned to a pasture, and it would dole them out to any pastures flagged for llama use.  If a llama was removed by some means, then it would recognize that there was open space and would place another llama there if available.  If there were more llamas than there were available pastures, then it would dump them into a "default zone" or could just let them roam free.

This method would also let you keep a war dog pastured at the entrance, even if the previous dog was killed, by letting you specify "autopasture dog war".  The flags would probably include male/female, war/hunting/untrain/unspecified, egg, sheer, milk, graze, and anything else I might not have thought of.  That way you could specify things like "keep all the milkable creatures closer to the farmer's workshop" or "don't put any grazers here" or "make sure there's a war dog staring at my mayor as he sleeps".

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 19, 2012, 01:00:09 am »

Ok, so 2 pages of tiletypes results came up, but I couldn't find the answer to my specific question, so here goes:

I dropped a white sand wall (and floor above it) 15 z-levels to my magma glass furnace. When it landed, it turned into a sandy loam wall (and floor above it. I know there's a bug with dropping soil layers, but I do this every fort, and this is the first time sand turned into something else.

Is it possible to use tiletypes to change it back to a sand type? I can't seem to figure out if you can...

EDIT: This is also the first time I decided to leave most of the shaft the exact size of the plug, instead of channeling out a space around it the entire way down. As a result, it came into contact with a sandy loam layer on the way down, is this my culprit?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:01:49 am by rtg593 »
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 19, 2012, 03:44:53 am »

if only we could teleport a unit, imagine the number of hair pulling cases we could solve, legit cases like a stupid dorf that build something the wrong side of a wall. Is it legit? Sure you can say it is part of the fun, but having to fall back to trick like suspending work etc. to make it work the right side seems more to me like fighting the interface, don't you think?

Others examples include your most precious armorsmith that decides to pasture an animal (you can't disable this behavior, any dwarf can do that) and get killed, unless you teleport him back 10 tiles away. Cheating again? No, fixing a miserable loophole in DF.

I can go a long way in how useful teleporting a creature would be. Liaison stuck, etc. But you get the idea. I think this will be a great feature to have that would save tons of hours for many players.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:22 am »

So I tried the new autolabor plugin.  I like it.

But it won't chop trees.  I have 2 axes and 2 picks and 4 worker dwarfs.  And it turns mining on for all 4, so 2 go dig and the other 2 have a tea party.

It would be nice if there was a way to exclude dwarfs from the autolabor.  Till then, not useful.  Unless you dont need to chop trees.

Edit: Now that I think about it more.  Not including the "uniform" labors, mining, woodcutting, hunting, in autolabor would be nice.  Since those all will mess up civilian armor as well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:48:48 am by kingubu »

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:51 am »

I am having problems getting autodump working as a keybinding hotkey. I am using the following line in dfhack.init to set the binding 'keybinding set Ctrl-A autodump' . I get no evident errors in either error log, yet, or when dfhack starts up, but, when i set items to dump, choose a dump point using dig to get the X and invoke the hotkey, it does not move anything. I believe i had it working at one point, but cannot be sure. curious if i may be missing something simple in my keybind? thanks for any assistance.
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 19, 2012, 06:46:54 am »

I am having problems getting autodump working as a keybinding hotkey. I am using the following line in dfhack.init to set the binding 'keybinding set Ctrl-A autodump' . I get no evident errors in either error log, yet, or when dfhack starts up, but, when i set items to dump, choose a dump point using dig to get the X and invoke the hotkey, it does not move anything. I believe i had it working at one point, but cannot be sure. curious if i may be missing something simple in my keybind? thanks for any assistance.

I had the same problem.  Switched to Ctrl-D autodump.  Voila!

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 19, 2012, 06:56:16 am »

I had the same problem.  Switched to Ctrl-D autodump.  Voila!

Holy smokes. You Sir/Ma'am are awarded One (1) Internet thank you cookie!
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 373