Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558416 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #345 on: November 05, 2011, 04:31:34 am »

i'm italian, but i install every friggin game in english.
it's the only reason i bother with buying the discs.
italian translations? please no.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 05, 2011, 05:41:59 am »

Yeah, that plan has a few holes in it (such as the fact that I don't have any friends).
Anyway, I think I'll stop whining now before you all start hating me.
Like everyone else already does.

You whine but you kinda make a point. I'm almost glad nobody bothers with translations here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2011, 06:16:13 am »

The only game that was decently translated to portuguese around here was Starcraft 2. Good thing they don't bother doing that with most.

Then again, I bet the 70% tax on software has something to do with that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #348 on: November 05, 2011, 09:31:01 am »

The only game that was decently translated to portuguese around here was Starcraft 2. Good thing they don't bother doing that with most.

what? care to explain?
you mean...if a product costs 100, a portuguese spends 170 to buy it?
really?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 05, 2011, 10:52:37 am »

what? care to explain?
you mean...if a product costs 100, a portuguese spends 170 to buy it?
really?

Brazilian actually, and yes. Most games cost around R$100, wich is around US$58,82 right now. Steam turns out to be actually cheaper around here.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #350 on: November 05, 2011, 11:04:40 am »

man that's high of a price.
and here i thought italians with IVA at 21% were having it tough.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 05, 2011, 11:16:01 am »

Oh god, Steam tells me I have to wait 5 days and 11 hours before I can play it.

Yeah, sucks to be you.

OH WAIT, I CAN'T EVEN BUY IT ON STEAM IN THIS COUNTRY. >:(

Okay, this might come off a little rough but I would suggest that you pirate it.
This is the best justification one needs for piracy. Just to be on the safe side of law(or your morals) buy the retail(broken translation and shit) copy and let it rest on the shelf.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2011, 12:06:12 pm »

What would happen if someone bought a copy and gifted it to you?

I'm not sure, actually. I guess it might work. I sure as hell wouldn't shell out what, fifty bucks just to find out, though.

Well, I just gifted someone from Estonia a copy because they couldn't purchase it there.  The gift was redeemed and showed up in their games list.  We won't find out if it worked until 11-11-11.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2011, 12:09:30 pm »

Oh god, Steam tells me I have to wait 5 days and 11 hours before I can play it.

Yeah, sucks to be you.

OH WAIT, I CAN'T EVEN BUY IT ON STEAM IN THIS COUNTRY. >:(

Okay, this might come off a little rough but I would suggest that you pirate it.
This is the best justification one needs for piracy. Just to be on the safe side of law(or your morals) buy the retail(broken translation and shit) copy and let it rest on the shelf.

If he's going to do that, let me give him a copy so that the profits don't go to the translators.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2011, 01:49:32 pm »

What would happen if someone bought a copy and gifted it to you?

I'm not sure, actually. I guess it might work. I sure as hell wouldn't shell out what, fifty bucks just to find out, though.

Well, I just gifted someone from Estonia a copy because they couldn't purchase it there.  The gift was redeemed and showed up in their games list.  We won't find out if it worked until 11-11-11.
Hm, if it wasn't available for him and it works (looks good so far) then I guess we'll have found the permanent solution to all this translator bullshit.

Also, you should do a "Let's Play Games in Czech".
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 05, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

Wouldn't that be really boring on account of nobody being able to understand anything in it?

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 05, 2011, 05:14:04 pm »

Wouldn't that be really boring on account of nobody being able to understand anything in it?

It would be hilarious for the first few minutes.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 05, 2011, 05:55:00 pm »

Brazilian actually, and yes. Most games cost around R$100, wich is around US$58,82 right now. Steam turns out to be actually cheaper around here.
I hate my country now. On average we pay somewhere between $80AUD ($81USD) to $120AUD ($121USD). It's cheaper through steam but there's no ADSL in my neighborhood so for $90* a month I get enough bandwidth to download, say, a single game and play multiplayer for three hours. At 200kb/s with high ping.

*Disclaimer: $90 could get me a 300GB, high speed connection if I could get ADSL.

EDIT: Slowly beginning to regret my preorder but I remain optimistic that it will be more Fallout 3 and less Oblivion.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:56:33 pm by NobodyPro »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 05, 2011, 06:40:37 pm »

Good god, seriously? Are those monthly rates? That's hideously expensive. Though I do remember the days of 56k modems. 5kB/s, hell yeah.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 05, 2011, 07:06:20 pm »

I hate my country now. On average we pay somewhere between $80AUD ($81USD) to $120AUD ($121USD). It's cheaper through steam but there's no ADSL in my neighborhood so for $90* a month I get enough bandwidth to download, say, a single game and play multiplayer for three hours. At 200kb/s with high ping.

If you think Steam is cheaper for us Aussies, you should see how high the prices are jacked up compared to the US store. Skyrim is $99.99 AUD in Steam for Australians, and then $59.99 USD in the US store. That's like $35AUD for no real reason, and it sucks.
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 896