Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558260 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #450 on: November 09, 2011, 03:38:22 pm »

I love it how in Oblivion, I finished the Dark Brotherhood storyline, and as a result, I had 150+ Infamy (Ergo, people knew I was the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood).

And yet, when it came to the main storyline, they put me in a room on my own with the last of the line to the Emperor.

:-X

I can see why the Emperor died.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 09, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »

I love it how in Oblivion, I finished the Dark Brotherhood storyline, and as a result, I had 150+ Infamy (Ergo, people knew I was the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood).

And yet, when it came to the main storyline, they put me in a room on my own with the last of the line to the Emperor.

:-X

I can see why the Emperor died.

This man has a point.

Also, bethesda promises "infinite" quests. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-09-skyrim-promises-players-infinite-quests
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 09, 2011, 04:48:03 pm »

Ayem and Seth

And I thought I was a Morrowind geek. Where do they even call them Ayem and Seht???

I bow to you, Soadreqm.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 09, 2011, 05:06:39 pm »

Ayem and Seth

And I thought I was a Morrowind geek. Where do they even call them Ayem and Seht???

I bow to you, Soadreqm.

Those are the names of the daedric letters equivalents of A and S, respectively. Vivec = Vehk.

Azura wanted revenge on the ALMSIVI, and she even congratulates you when you off Almalexia. There's even an extra line if you killed Vivec.

Also, Skyrim pre-load is done.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 09, 2011, 05:18:12 pm »

Sorry about this outburtst but....

I WANT PLAY NOW!!!

Seriously, I have every game cept Arena...I want to freaking play, even if I don't enjoy it as much as Morrowind!!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 09, 2011, 05:19:49 pm »

Seriously, I have every game cept Arena

You can download arena for free in the official site. Should be able to kill some time with it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 09, 2011, 05:21:55 pm »

Ayem and Seth

I bow to you, Soadreqm.

Those are the names of the daedric letters equivalents of A and S, respectively. Vivec = Vehk.

Azura wanted revenge on the ALMSIVI, and she even congratulates you when you off Almalexia. There's even an extra line if you killed Vivec.

Also, Skyrim pre-load is done.

So Ayem, Seht and Vehk as names for the ALMSIVI were originally used by the daedra? Damn, makes me want to replay Tribunal, now I really want to know if Almalexia calls him Vivec or Vehk..

I WANT PLAY NOW!!!

Seriously, I have every game cept Arena...I want to freaking play, even if I don't enjoy it as much as Morrowind!!

I know what you feel, played Arena the past days just to pass the time. You do know you can download TES 1&2 for free, right?
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 09, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »

Yes...But I rather not download it...I have business to do. Besides, Skyrim's only a day away!!!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 09, 2011, 05:30:19 pm »

So Ayem, Seht and Vehk as names for the ALMSIVI were originally used by the daedra? Damn, makes me want to replay Tribunal, now I really want to know if Almalexia calls him Vivec or Vehk...

I'm pretty sure she calls him Vivec. What I meant was that there is a daedric alphabet, and those are the names of A, V and S

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 09, 2011, 06:03:45 pm »

I haven't been hyped for a game since the Failure of Spore of '08.

This is getting me pretty hard, though...

...I can't sleep, because of it. Let's see... One night and one day and one night left? Sounds like a good period of time to smash my way through the sequel-prequel of Spartacus.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 09, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »

Yeah...me too. Haven't felt this way since Spore...Let's hope it doesn't end up like Spore.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 09, 2011, 07:09:55 pm »

29 hours to go.......
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:20 pm »

Yeah...me too. Haven't felt this way since Spore...Let's hope it doesn't end up like Spore.

There's no EA involved this time...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 09, 2011, 07:29:37 pm »

This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 15 hours

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 09, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »

You are one of many dragon born, just as a heads up...

And your shouts? They are useful, but not even close to over powered.
Even if they were, I think it'd still be worth eschewing balance in favor of being able to light people on fire by yelling at them.  If the game was just titled Todd Howard's Euromedieval Sword-and-Sorcery Barbarian Fantasy Hack-and-Slash and Assassination Simulator II: You Fight Dragons By Yelling At Them instead of TESV I'd probably be calling it GOTY based on the streams.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, that's what I loved about Morrowind - you were neither special nor the first nerevarine. Also, a bitch used you.

Eh, Azura benefited from the deal, but I wouldn't say she used the Nerevarine. I mean, someone would have had to deal with Dagoth Ur anyway. Orchestrating things so that that someone had the support of the people of Morrowind might have been self-serving, but it was also very much a good thing for everyone who wasn't a Sixth House member.
Yes, but her plan did involve letting Baar Dau wipe out most of Morrowind as revenge for being slighted by the Tribunal, and it's hard to say she didn't use the Nerevarine when there's a pile of corpses lying around her statue in the cavern of the incarnate.

Also, bethesda promises "infinite" quests. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-09-skyrim-promises-players-infinite-quests
I see no way that this can go badly.  Bethesda has proven itself a master of realistic, non-immersion breaking procedurally generated content in the past.

So Ayem, Seht and Vehk as names for the ALMSIVI were originally used by the daedra? Damn, makes me want to replay Tribunal, now I really want to know if Almalexia calls him Vivec or Vehk..
If I recall correctly, she calls him a fool.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 896