Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558756 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2011, 09:43:08 am »

WHY AM I STILL AT WORK! WHYYY!!!!
Hey did you know one of the factions has werewolves hiding in its ranks? And you can become one?

Also you can melt down dwarven scraps to forge dwarven armor and weapons.
*twitch*

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 11, 2011, 09:46:44 am »

also every npc in the world has a deep enough personality that the process of courting and dating and eventually marrying them is different for each one and deeply engaging for all of them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 11, 2011, 09:47:59 am »

also every npc in the world has a deep enough personality that the process of courting and dating and eventually marrying them is different for each one and deeply engaging for all of them.

How many times do you have to play the conversation game?

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 11, 2011, 09:48:27 am »

guys i went out and bought fallout 5 today and i was shocked to find that they completely messed up the story! for some reason wastelander society has regressed even more, to the era of the dark ages, and all of the mutations seem to exist as some kind of beneficial aura which flow from your fingers, allowing you to transform the environment. They got rid of their lasers and robots but now they have neural telepathy or something??LOL!

I can get past that Bethesda completely changed the story with seemingly no explanation, but the one thing that I can't accept is the fact that the gameplay was completely interchangeable with its previous incarnations. I expected at least some changes from the interface they used in the last 2 Fallouts, but instead I'm just seeing the same game repackaged to look like some kind of "medieval" version!
I don't really understand what you're saying, and I don't feel obliged to try very hard considering you seem to have registered on the forum just to berate someone for an amusing joke and then to bash on a game you obviously don't like.

So... go away.

That was a very rude and unprovoked attack and you have hurt my feelings.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #634 on: November 11, 2011, 09:50:17 am »

WHY AM I STILL AT WORK! WHYYY!!!!
Hey did you know one of the factions has werewolves hiding in its ranks? And you can become one?

Also you can melt down dwarven scraps to forge dwarven armor and weapons.
*twitch*
Also using a force shout to entirely clear a table of dishes while leaving the people sitting at the table unharmed is HILARIOUS. They don't even act like anything has happened as their apples and roasts and plates and utensils fly across the room.

Well you hurt my feelings too! Let's have a healing manhug and call it an awesome day because Skyrim is fun as fuck.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 11, 2011, 09:50:49 am »

guys i went out and bought fallout 5 today and i was shocked to find that they completely messed up the story! for some reason wastelander society has regressed even more, to the era of the dark ages, and all of the mutations seem to exist as some kind of beneficial aura which flow from your fingers, allowing you to transform the environment. They got rid of their lasers and robots but now they have neural telepathy or something??LOL!

I can get past that Bethesda completely changed the story with seemingly no explanation, but the one thing that I can't accept is the fact that the gameplay was completely interchangeable with its previous incarnations. I expected at least some changes from the interface they used in the last 2 Fallouts, but instead I'm just seeing the same game repackaged to look like some kind of "medieval" version!
I don't really understand what you're saying, and I don't feel obliged to try very hard considering you seem to have registered on the forum just to berate someone for an amusing joke and then to bash on a game you obviously don't like.

So... go away.

So what you're saying is that you wanted orange, but the game was lemon-lime?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #636 on: November 11, 2011, 09:53:59 am »

Must.. wait... for ...friends... to... get ..home... must.. not... click... play....

Im literally starving because I got this crazy idea of not eating until I get to play a bit.
You could always play and say that you waited.

I can't they're watching my every move I make through steam. And theyre almost done downloading anyway!
I can feel the moment I have waited closing!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 11, 2011, 10:01:09 am »

It might be that most of the people are spending too much time playing this game rather than writing about it, but I want people to tell me how good this game is, in words of more than one sylabble.

Come on, divulge thine experiences verbosely upon me!

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:39 am »

Got it last night on a whim, and I'm having fun. :P

Spoilered for image
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah yeah yeah!

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:52 am »

I'm really miffed right now. My copy of Skyrim was supposed to come in the mail today, but didn't so now I have to wait until Monday. >:(

Or I could take a third option and "acquire" it to play during the weekend, which is what I'm doing, but I'm still annoyed.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #640 on: November 11, 2011, 10:16:19 am »

Must.. wait... for ...friends... to... get ..home... must.. not... click... play....

Im literally starving because I got this crazy idea of not eating until I get to play a bit.
You could always play and say that you waited.

I can't they're watching my every move I make through steam. And theyre almost done downloading anyway!
I can feel the moment I have waited closing!
You could have set steam offline or just run the game without steam. :P

It might be that most of the people are spending too much time playing this game rather than writing about it, but I want people to tell me how good this game is, in words of more than one sylabble.

Come on, divulge thine experiences verbosely upon me!

I've played a bit of it. I won't include any spoilers but so far I am enjoying it a lot. You aren't locked in to a 'class' choice at the start for one thing, so if you decide 45 minutes into the game that conjuration magic is boring and you want to beat people with axes instead you can just go ahead and do that and it won't penalize you like every previous game. There are no more major/minor skills, nor 'gimmie' skills like athletics and acrobatics which increase just by moving. No more sailing from mountain to mountain by buffing your athletics to 1000 either.

The dungeons so far have been well thought-out. I've had a few traps, gotten through the 'puzzle' everyone saw in the trailers. Enemy AI is about the same as Oblivion with a bit of an upgrade. There are still some AI pathing issues but overall they seem to work better.

One thing I'm loving is the crafting system. You can create and upgrade items for your own use or just to sell. Found a silver ingot and an amethyst? Well make it into a silver necklace instead to sell at a higher price. So far most of the stuff I'm using has been made or upgraded by me using material I found along the way. You can eventually learn to craft elven, dwarven, and daedric items/armor and some other stuff too which I have no idea what it does. In the smelter I saw 'refined moonsteel' or something like that... who knows what the hell that is.

I've only had a few hours with it so far but I'm liking it quite a bit.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #641 on: November 11, 2011, 10:23:39 am »

My friends are ready and so am I.

I'll write what I think of the game after getting some impressions.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 11, 2011, 10:27:17 am »

after the 5.7g preload, how much more needs downloading?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #643 on: November 11, 2011, 10:31:59 am »

after the 5.7g preload, how much more needs downloading?
none... mine unlocked without any additional download.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 11, 2011, 10:33:09 am »

okay, good.

somebody was telling me about a 10g download.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 896