Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558318 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #765 on: November 12, 2011, 10:13:36 am »

It's 40 quid in Tesco over here :P
*Hugs*

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 12, 2011, 10:20:24 am »

I got mine for £29.99. Seems you must hunt for the lower prices, huh?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 12, 2011, 10:25:21 am »

What country you at?!?!?! Its like $89.99USD for me...

US of A.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 12, 2011, 10:41:27 am »

What country you at?!?!?! Its like $89.99USD for me...

US of A.

If only I had the $60 for it.. *Sigh*  My dual-axe wielding orc berserker will have to wait.. Tempted to reinstall Oblivion.. but meh.. won't satisfy my thirst for Skyrim. 

Anyways, anyone doing a Let's Play of Skyrim? There are alot of them out there, but I can't find one that dual wields weapons :X Everyone's either a caster, sword and shield/2her, or archer.  And a Dark Elf.  Damn elves..

Also, when I do get around to getting it, should I go Xbox or PC? I have a PC that can run it according to Can You Run It, and my specs are just -BARELY- under recommended, and thats only my graphics card, which apparently doesn't meet recommended due to it being a laptop graphics card, despite it having 2.7x as much video ram as needed for recommended..

Whatchoo guys think? I can't decide, although I'm slightly leaning towards PC...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:47:48 am by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 12, 2011, 10:57:12 am »

I'ma the UK.

My PC probably can't run it. What specs are needed, and would one be able to play using a 360 controller?
Oh, and that dragon pic just posted made me hum the monster hunter theme. Sorry.

Thanks.
Everybody!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 12, 2011, 10:57:55 am »

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

And yes to the xbox 360 controller.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 12, 2011, 10:59:12 am »

Also, when I do get around to getting it, should I go Xbox or PC? I have a PC that can run it according to Can You Run It, and my specs are just -BARELY- under recommended, and thats only my graphics card, which apparently doesn't meet recommended due to it being a laptop graphics card, despite it having 2.7x as much video ram as needed for recommended..

My desktop is at or above recommended on everything but the video card, which is down at min spec. It's not a laptop card though. The RAM on a card these days is the least of the things you need to have in order to play newer games. The amount of pipelines, the shader version it can handle, all sorts of crap can be more important than the raw memory on it.

But seriously, this is a Bethesda game. Who in their right mind sacrifices the modding potential of the game on PC for the ease of it on a console? The UI may work better on a console because its the primary format it was developed for......but short of Xbox achievements and such, there's no other reason to buy it on a console. The mods for all Bethesda games are sick, because they provide the tools and modders provide the passion. Beth games are some of the only ones I'll buy based on that principle alone.

Being that you're on a laptop, I'd have some reservations about buying the PC version too. If you got your laptop in the last year and a half or so, it should probably be able to run it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:02:27 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 12, 2011, 11:01:06 am »

Spoiler: A Faction (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 12, 2011, 11:09:53 am »

I played some more today, went though my first dragon battle, which i reloaded several times because it was kinda cool and i wanted to try different things.

My biggest problem right now is inventory management, i tend to be a packrat and it's problematic that i can't yet buy a house (i need 2k more), but i'm using a companion as a chest in the meantime. Still, i can't wait to get the perk that removes armor weight (i use heavy armor so it doesnt help).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 12, 2011, 11:13:39 am »

My desktop is at or above recommended on everything but the video card, which is down at min spec. It's not a laptop card though. The RAM on a card these days is the least of the things you need to have in order to play newer games. The amount of pipelines, the shader version it can handle, all sorts of crap can be more important than the raw memory on it.

But seriously, this is a Bethesda game. Who in their right mind sacrifices the modding potential of the game on PC for the ease of it on a console? The UI may work better on a console because its the primary format it was developed for......but short of Xbox achievements and such, there's no other reason to buy it on a console. The mods for all Bethesda games are sick, because they provide the tools and modders provide the passion. Beth games are some of the only ones I'll buy based on that principle alone.

Being that you're on a laptop, I'd have some reservations about buying the PC version too. If you got your laptop in the last year and a half or so, it should probably be able to run it.

I'm positive I can run it, but I'm just not sure how good the graphics will be.  Here's the specs, according to SystemRequirementsLab:

Everything passes the recommended specs except that video card, even though its higher than what the site says is needed.  I'm certain its due to it being a laptop card, despite being a gaming laptop.

It can run Starcraft 2 on Medium/Medium-High without a problem except in extreme circumstances..  so I know I can at least run Skyrim :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:15:20 am by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 12, 2011, 11:15:17 am »

It's having trouble analysing my computer.
B'aaawwwww...
Everybody!

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 12, 2011, 11:30:02 am »

Bah, my game crashes at a very specific point in one of the first Mage Guild quests, and I can't find a way around it. :(
Edit: Found a fix!  Check the spoiler.

Other than that the game looks gorgeous and I am having oodles of fun blasting flames at everything that moves. Ooh, a bunny! Woosh.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:50:45 am by Rhodan »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #777 on: November 12, 2011, 11:51:32 am »

Okay, I figured out what mods I wanna see when the kit is released:

Better Vampires

Worse Werewolves:

Solstheim:
Come on, you know you wanna see it and all the assets are already in the game. It's be interesting to see it in Skyrim's timeline too, since apparently it's been conquered by and becomes the last hold-out of the Dunmer. Admit it, it would be amazing to go back there...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:56:08 am by MorleyDev »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #778 on: November 12, 2011, 11:56:38 am »

So I was fighting through a dungeon when I reached a room with three necromancer. I shout one to death right away and turn to flame the second one. The third one raises the dead necromancer as a zombie while I kill the second. The zombie necromancer then raises the second necromancer as a zombie.

I have just killed two people out of three and I AM STILL FIGHTING THREE PEOPLE. I hate necromancers!

Also: Your NPC helpers can indeed die. Lydia is now dead at the hands of two frost trolls.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 12, 2011, 12:00:09 pm »

I have no idea why I take so many virtual showers, but it's something I've been doing all the time since the start of the game.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 896