Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558811 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #960 on: November 14, 2011, 03:14:48 am »

So, how viable is a pure mage build?
i dont know about the rest people saying it sucks - for me it rocks. any warriors dont stand a chance, they will never get this close to harm me. they die ages before that. Dragons i kill from far away without sitting ground like an idiot waiting them to come down. Ice Troll? fire + Fire Antroch = what Ice Troll? i Heal myself, i heal my companion, i enchant stuff so they are even more deadly. even in a shity situation i just cast protective spell of great power and conjure myself a nice shinny deadric axe or sword. i travel valleys gathering herbs and souls of monsters follish enough to come close.

The instant you can cast Summon Dremora Lord, you become as god unto men. All fear the Dremora Lord! My tactic for Dragons is basically "Magic them until they're out of the sky, using wards to block their breath attacks. Then summon a Dremora Lord and laugh as it slices them into tiny pieces. If they kill it, just summon a new one."

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #961 on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:28 am »

now, if only one of the modder community would mod in the "create spells" once more...everything would be fine.
really, let me build the terrible THUNDER/FIRE/ICE STORM OF DOOM!
and then enchant my everything.
>.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 14, 2011, 03:20:04 am »

A stray dog appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the rain-drenched, depressing wilderness. He looked pretty rough and barked constantly, so, moved by Pity, I took him to the Ivarstead Inn and told him to wait by the fire, where it's warm and someone would probably feed him. When I went back later, after becoming a homeowner, he was gone. I was kinda sad.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 14, 2011, 03:26:08 am »

Team rocket is blasting off again!

Ding!

Can they do it to the PC?
Better question, has anyone already tried to poke the giants when they first started?
yes, i poked them.
with a lunar orc bow.
at  level 6.
the area outside off Whiterun is cleared of giants and mammoths.
Also: the people that were left in the watchtower that was attacked by the fist dragon are gone now, because they decided to melee the giant that didn't fit through their door.
Their armor fetched a nice price.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 14, 2011, 03:35:53 am »

Is there any safe way to store things before I own my own home? I only have 2000 gold at the moment, and my books are taking up so much room I can't loot anymuch more.

...Hm.. I wonder if I can use companions as barrels even when they're not following me...
Love, scriver~

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 14, 2011, 04:45:09 am »

I've finally gotten it. I'm going to be the angriest blood thirsty viking ever. Thats all.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 14, 2011, 05:25:03 am »

I just had a strange experience. As I was leaving a dungeon, I spotted two wolves ahead of me amidst some bushes. Not a problem for my archer: 2 shots, 2 kills. Yet the battle music still played... I figured there must be a third wolf in the bushes somewhere. I checked behind me and suddenly a dead dragon fell from the sky behind me! As far as I could tell, there was no discern able cause of death, as this was in the middle of no-where and therefore it wasn't shot up by NPCs. Of course, I'm not gonna' cry over a free dragon corpse.

Then, a few minutes later, another dragon appeared and I enjoyed an epic battle over a scenic lake. Yay!

On a side note, I am loving the monsters in this game, especially the dragons and spiders.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:46 am »

I spend maybe 15-20 minutes running from a mammoth as I wanted it's... horny-tooth-thingies (somehow I think my Orc got that whole hunting thing wrong). Finally manage to kill it, continue onwards on my journey. Run into two other mammoths, but I keep my distance so they don't attack. They're trying to walk up a slope, then suddenly one of them just flies a few metres up into the air like he stepped on a trampoline or something, falls down onto the ground again and keels over dead - I suppose from the fall. Made my whole little hunt earlier seem completely unnecessary. Now I only have to learn how to provoke that glitch and I'll never have to fear a mammoth again!

Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 14, 2011, 05:52:37 am »

So Riften is apparently THE place to be if you want to be a bad guy, a viking Zozo, if you will. I think the Thieves' Guild representative says it best. "We're not the Dark Brotherhood, we can't kill them. But...." It's a sort of refreshing take, unlikable yet realistic characters....but kind of unfortunate if you like the TG from Oblivion.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 14, 2011, 06:10:46 am »

Soo anyone else meet the chief of the greybeards yet? Pretty cool guy...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just bought a horse, jesus christ the animations for it just seem so...weird.

Mine died from a saber cat. Stupid horse AI and stupid enemy aggro. I didn't reload my save for that though, i figure that fast travel is good enough that i don't need a horse, and exploring on foot makes the world more interesting. He was only really good for one thing : when i got back from a dungeon overencumbered, i would just get on the horse and i could fast travel again.

...Hm.. I wonder if I can use companions as barrels even when they're not following me...

Yes you can do that, but they have a limited capacity unlike chests.

lunar orc bow.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 14, 2011, 06:17:35 am »

I'm currently kicking about around Winterhold. I like the Jarl's idea of becoming high king, but I can't help but think he is a little deluded. It's awfully bleak out here. I have decided not to tell him about my dalliance with the College, he doesn't seem to like mages very much.

He seems very receptive about potentially making a strange imperial woman Thane of Winterhold just because I went and fetched him a hat that he had lost. I don't suppose I should argue.

If there is one thing I would say about the story progression, is that I am far too important far too quickly. I wanna be a nobody for a bit. Crikey, I was three minutes away from having my head cut off.

Delighted with the game so far though.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 14, 2011, 06:50:35 am »

If there is one thing I would say about the story progression, is that I am far too important far too quickly. I wanna be a nobody for a bit. Crikey, I was three minutes away from having my head cut off.

I find this bothersome too, I guess the devs hoped we would do random quests for a while before advancing or something. Oblivion forced  you to do stuff before you advanced, TG made you steal before you go ahead etc. Now you rise very quickly, especially in Civil War line.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:00 am »

Team rocket is blasting off again!

Ding!

Can they do it to the PC?
Better question, has anyone already tried to poke the giants when they first started?

Yes and Yes.

Meanwhile, I've just fought my first

I finished MQ but never found these. Where can I get them?

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 14, 2011, 07:09:55 am »

I find this bothersome too, I guess the devs hoped we would do random quests for a while before advancing or something. Oblivion forced  you to do stuff before you advanced, TG made you steal before you go ahead etc. Now you rise very quickly, especially in Civil War line.
You mean you actually do the main quest? Or any quests at all? So far the only quests I'm doing are the ones I find while looting dungeons.
I think I'll finish a few MQ missions soon though, as I need dragons to appear. Just like in Oblivion where I only ever got as far as sealing the gate at Kvatch as that was all you needed unlock most if not all other stuff.

Did anyone else find it odd that (temporary) companions who claim to love you for helping them out keep saying 'What is it, elf..'

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 14, 2011, 07:17:12 am »

Is it really worth it to kill Paarthunax? I was asked to kill him, but I really do not want to.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 896