Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550167 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1365 on: November 16, 2011, 03:31:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is like something out of loony toons. This game keeps making me fall in love with it every day.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 16, 2011, 03:34:12 pm »

I prefer the Flammie response, because Flammie is adorable and one of my favorite characters from my video game youth.

Cthulhu gets points for making me start wondering about that last bit though.  I can't believe that thought didn't hit me sooner.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 16, 2011, 03:46:33 pm »

It depends on intent I suppose.

The language is just a normal language for dragons. But if they concentrate or focus they can have the words produce effects.

Makes kind of sense. Since why else would there be a cooldown between shouts. And some cooldowns are longer or shorter depending on the effect the shouts give.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 16, 2011, 03:47:10 pm »

Damn, my first quest-breaking bug and it's on a main quest. In the "Diplomatic Immunity", everything works fine until I tell Delphine that I'm ready to leave with the carriage. At that point the game freezes as in many other "cutscenes" (ie. You can look around and use esc menu, but you cannot move, use inventory, shouts, weapons etc.) but after that, nothing happens. Still haven't found solution to that one *sigh*

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 16, 2011, 03:50:26 pm »

Better question:

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 16, 2011, 04:07:17 pm »

A question in my head

I might be missing a reference to something else as I'm behind on the main quest(s), but if you're referring to the High Elves conquering everything in the lore then that isn't new, it's retro.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 16, 2011, 04:08:50 pm »

This applies to everybody but Rozy.

Level 3???

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 16, 2011, 04:21:40 pm »

This applies to everybody but Rozy.
Spoiler: Response (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:23:28 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 16, 2011, 04:22:47 pm »

Is there any reason to use robes and stuff instead of enchanted armor when playing as a mage?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 16, 2011, 04:23:46 pm »

Is there any reason to use robes and stuff instead of enchanted armor when playing as a mage?

iirc, armour affects Spell Effiecency. [stupid word]

So... I've finished the game. The world is my oyster...

I'm going to go kill the bo-oh, done that.
I'm going to go and make my character awes-oh, done that.
I'm going to go and complete interesting guil-oh, done that.
I'm going to go and kill lots of drag-oh, done that.

Time to start over.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #1375 on: November 16, 2011, 04:28:23 pm »

Is anyone else having strange things happen with weapons?

I've got a couple of Exquisite Elven Daggers that act strangely every time I equip them - They act like a single dagger in the Favorites bar, but become separate once I equip one. I have to go into the inventory screen to equip both. I even tried enchanting them and renaming them, but once I equip them one loses its name and becomes an exact clone of the other one. (Though, now that I think about it, I should have tried different enchantments.) It's super annoying.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 16, 2011, 04:56:43 pm »

Hmm.. would it be possible to create a mod that allowed better control over dragged objects? You know, the age old "I wish I could place these god damned books on the table" problem. I'm pretty sure that in Oblivion you could drag objects from specific ends, wherever you initially picked it up from. On the PC version of Skyrim it seems to always center your hold on a set point, which is frustrating. Any solutions? It's not that big of a deal obviously, but I do think that there are a handful of us who like to decorate our own little homes wherever they may be.

The items flying everywhere thing is very annoying as well. I JUST WANT TO FILL A KETTLE TO THE BRIM WITH SOUL GEMS.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:55:19 pm by debvon »

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 16, 2011, 05:02:23 pm »

Hmm.. would it be possible to create a mod that allowed better control over dragged objects? You know, the age old "I wish I could place these god damned books on the table" problem. I'm pretty sure that in Oblivion you could drag objects from specific ends, wherever you initially picked it up from. On the PC version of Skyrim it seems to always center your hold on a set point, which is frustrating. Any solutions? It's not that big of a deal obviously, but I do think that there are a handful of us who like to decorate their own little homes wherever they may be.

The items flying everywhere thing is very annoying as well. I JUST WANT TO FILL A KETTLE TO THE BRIM WITH SOUL GEMS.

I find that shaking objects will rotate them, then fine tune by bumping them into some static object.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 16, 2011, 05:07:23 pm »

I suppose that my only problem with the game so far are bows in general.

Arrows are not bullets. They have a bit more downward drag and it's really throwing off my aim, for one.

Also, I just shot something in the face about eight times. I need to really mod in headshots or something. Granted, it was kind of a boss zombie, but still! Bandits have similar issues.

Otherwise... I'm going to burrow into a cave for a week and never be seen again. My new video card destroys this thing on Ultra, though I could turn it down a little for some FPS gains if I wanted to.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 896