Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558479 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1485 on: November 17, 2011, 01:49:26 pm »

Anyway, my point was that it seems to take a lot more effort to get lesser results in both attack and defence when using magic. So, I was checking if I was missing something, or if playing a mage is 'hard mode'.

There's a brief period when mage falls behind a warrior due to limited damage and mana pools... but after you stack Fortify Destruction enchantments you can simply chain-stagger everything you face. If you need a further damage boost there are potions which increase Destruction magic damage, but so far I haven't had to use them. Who needs it when enemies can't touch you between getting dual Thunderbolts in the face and a Dremora Lord taunting them from your side?
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1486 on: November 17, 2011, 02:08:27 pm »

So what country in TES do you guys think will be next?  To be honest, I'm hoping Elswyr.  I heard a Khajiit talking about it, with ancient cities swallowed up by the sand and such.. sounds like it'd be fun.  Either that, or the Reguard area, which I think is also deserty?

Maybe it'll be in the future farther and we'll get to have simple gunpowder weapons... or Crossbows. I miss crossbows.
Oh man a desert wasteland setting would be amazing. Bandits, ancient ruins buried in the sand, dessicated corpses rising from their shallow graves... sandworms!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 17, 2011, 02:22:10 pm »

I'm pretty happy with most of the activated racial powers so far, however there are a few exceptions.. you might not want to know about these if you don't have the game yet so I'll use a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 17, 2011, 02:23:23 pm »

Holy crap, the infinite mana bug is GLORIOUS. You can just spam your stuff.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 17, 2011, 02:25:18 pm »

So what country in TES do you guys think will be next?  To be honest, I'm hoping Elswyr.  I heard a Khajiit talking about it, with ancient cities swallowed up by the sand and such.. sounds like it'd be fun.  Either that, or the Reguard area, which I think is also deserty?

Maybe it'll be in the future farther and we'll get to have simple gunpowder weapons... or Crossbows. I miss crossbows.
Oh man a desert wasteland setting would be amazing. Bandits, ancient ruins buried in the sand, dessicated corpses rising from their shallow graves... sandworms!

I know right? It would be friggin' awesome. 

Anyways, my Huscarl, Lydia, is busy dual wielding a staff of fireballs and a staff of zombies.. this woman rules.
I'm pretty happy with most of the activated racial powers so far, however there are a few exceptions.. you might not want to know about these if you don't have the game yet so I'll use a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is why I play an Orc.  Their racial is AWESOME for pretty much anyone, especially me when I go dual wielding on their ass.  Normally I stick with a sword 'n' board, unless I go berserk.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1490 on: November 17, 2011, 02:26:39 pm »

You may be the only person to ever say Lydia rules.

When I got her, she circle-strafed herself off a cliff and died while trying to fire a bow at a bandit LITERALLY at the first quest location I went to.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 17, 2011, 02:30:04 pm »

She's saved my ass so many times lol.  Of course, then she runs into a spiked wall trap and nearly dies XD

After she reanimated the nord zombie thing, she switched to the staff of fireballs in her OH and an enchanted dwarven mace of frost I made for her in her MH.  She's still using her base armor though, which I need to fix eventually.

Earlier while killing a dragon, she got the finishing blow and did the killing blow animation of her jumping on it's head and bashing it's brains in.  Stole my kill.. but in an awesome way.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 17, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »

If I was making the game, it would be Elswyr and the Black Marshes in one game. I don't see either of them really being one game since the Black Marsh could be considered too exotic due to all the water which would make travelling difficult...Not to mention the alieness of the populace. As for Elswyr...Well I doubt the average gamer would like playing a game where nearly everyone is a cat...But yeah, I'd like to play a game with both regions or at least one of them.

As for what region Bethesda would probably try...I'd say either all of the Aldmeri Dominion or either Valenwood or Summerset Isle. Simply because it would be more "comfortable" to the average gamer...A magical island and a huge forest/jungle aren't after all too hard for the average gamer to understand...Try putting them in Black Marsh where everything is poisonous and the dominant race are frog/lizard/humans who are "raised" by huge sentient trees who may or may not worship Nothingess Incarnate...What am I saying, of course gamers would play that!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 17, 2011, 02:46:43 pm »

Scalies and Furries would have a parade in Bethesda's name if they combined the two :P
*Hugs*

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 17, 2011, 02:53:36 pm »

Crustypeanut, I'm not sure Lydia can even wear better armour. She happily swaps to upgraded weapons and helms in my game, but so far hasn't even attempted to wear any of the multitude of armours I've dumped on her (cute little packhorse that she is).

She's also carrying around about 20 Dragon bones and 20 Dragon scales. Goodness knows how she can still run about, but her carry capacity must be something like 2000/300 by now. xD
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 17, 2011, 02:56:28 pm »

She can use better armor, in another game I gave her dwarven armor and she happily upgraded.  She only uses heavy, though.  She's carrying a ton of elven armor right now, and she doesn't touch it - shields included.  I myself am also using steel armor, which seeing as I'm level 15, I should probably upgrade.. although due to my heavy investment in blocking and heavy armor skills, I'm doing quite well on Expert.  Also, none of its enchanted.. :P

P.S. - Quick Reflexes perk for Blocking (Slows down time when blocking vs a power attack) is a GODSEND.  I was able to kill a frost troll without any hassle, on expert, due to being able to dodge almost every one of it's attacks, as they're apparently considered power attacks. The few times it did hit me, it HURT.  Wish I could've taped that fight.. was epic.. felt like something outa the movie 300. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:04:15 pm by Crustypeanut »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1496 on: November 17, 2011, 03:37:07 pm »

please. i fell down two stores high and managed to sneak shot with a bow a frostbite spider.
and then landed on a carcass and headshotted a Falmer.
i am better than terminator.
i am legolator.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 17, 2011, 03:51:53 pm »

Neither of those enemies could kill you in 3 hits though, and besides the falling, you were in no danger.  Still, not bad.  :P

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 17, 2011, 03:54:04 pm »

What the hell, Bethsoft?
"...use it's power..."
I thought the English language choice actually meant English.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1499 on: November 17, 2011, 03:54:48 pm »

What the hell, Bethsoft?
"...use it's power..."
I thought the English language choice actually meant English.
You're whining about a single mistake with an apostrophe? Really? Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 896