Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558592 times)

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2430 on: November 23, 2011, 09:19:10 am »

A courier greeted me when I got back to town. He has some odd fashion sense. Now he's walking around the streets in the middle of the night, naked. Well, in a sleeping cap and boots.

...If only he had a cloak...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, seems I forgot to keep the pointer on him for that screenshot, here is one where it says Courier too.
It seems to be spreading to those Imperial Camps.
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
That pose is horrifying. Especially when you notice the blood on the bed and floor.  :o
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:20:49 am by SP2 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 23, 2011, 09:24:26 am »

That's not blood.

That's from a level 1 cook.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 23, 2011, 09:27:02 am »

Oh lord, the Draugr Deathlord's Shout disarm attack is a nasty thing. He used it on me while we were fighting on the second story of a room and blew my Dwarven Sword of Devouring (standard attack + 15 health absorb) over the edge and down to the bottom where I couldn't get it without running by him AND hurting myself by falling.
That is awesome. What good fight doesn't involve at least one dramatic disarm? :D
All battles should have that chance of chaos.

It's not as chaotic when he does it exactly every 7.9 seconds.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 23, 2011, 09:57:41 am »

So I made a Muscular Redguard with the the name "T". . . he also has a Mohawk.  How immature am I for that?

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 23, 2011, 10:22:41 am »

So I made a Muscular Redguard with the the name "T". . . he also has a Mohawk.  How immature am I for that?

At least in Skyrim you can't fly ...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 23, 2011, 10:26:45 am »

Sigh, why is it that your having fun, slaughtering everything, you throw up oakshield for the 5th time without taking any damage, then somehow this one mob can instant kill ya despite having nearly full health... T_T
It was the last one before the Claw puzzle...
I last saved before the spider in the burrows... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 23, 2011, 10:40:43 am »

A courier greeted me when I got back to town. He has some odd fashion sense. Now he's walking around the streets in the middle of the night, naked. Well, in a sleeping cap and boots.

...If only he had a cloak...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, seems I forgot to keep the pointer on him for that screenshot, here is one where it says Courier too.
It seems to be spreading to those Imperial Camps.
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
That pose is horrifying. Especially when you notice the blood on the bed and floor.  :o
Are they wearing shoes or those are their foot?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 23, 2011, 10:52:02 am »

What's really missing is the ability to build your own home/settlement. It doesn't even have to be a custom one: the "build yer own house" quests in Morrowind, and the "make a mining village/camp/whatever" in Solstheim were kinda awesome (Raven Rock, which later would become the headquarters of the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland 8)). At most, a bit of branching in choosing your "house improvements". Also hiring the staff, etc.

Anyone played Breath of Fire 2? Remember the part where you built your own town, selecting the architect (for the building styles), then on each upgrades choosing who to ask to move in (that would change both the shops, and certain combos made previously existing shops have certain types of additional items). Then the part where you hook your father to a soul-sucking machine so your entire city flies as your new air mount... ah, those were the times.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:54:25 am by Sergius »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 23, 2011, 10:58:29 am »

What's really missing is the ability to build your own home/settlement. It doesn't even have to be a custom one: the "build yer own house" quests in Morrowind, and the "make a mining village/camp/whatever" in Solstheim were kinda awesome (Raven Rock, which later would become the headquarters of the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland 8)). At most, a bit of branching in choosing your "house improvements". Also hiring the staff, etc.

Anyone played Breath of Fire 2? Remember the part where you built your own town, selecting the architect (for the building styles), then on each upgrades choosing who to ask to move in (that would change both the shops, and certain combos made previously existing shops have certain types of additional items). Then the part where you hook your father to a soul-sucking machine so your entire city flies as your new air mount... ah, those were the times.
You know...

You know what I wish you could do... Take over "landmarks" and make them your base. That Tower/Keep to the west of Windrun, filled with Mages and other such things. Looks broken down and shit but there is an Alchemist Lab and Enchanting table surrounded by Cabinets and such. Perfect little get away spot too. Hidden in the snowy peaks...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 23, 2011, 11:04:15 am »

Yeah, no. Those are two different things.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:03 am »

You = Getting a Place that you can "build" in the world and own. Upgrading it to accommodate different things...
Me = Taking over Keeps and other buildings that are already there in the world and make them your own, Cleaning them up and using thing them for different things...

You = Cost Coin...
Me = Remove current Owners...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 23, 2011, 11:10:48 am »

I think I have hit a point where I should really turn up the difficulty since dragons have become a slog. I just pelt them with fireballs and hit them with my enchanted axe to get my mana back until they die. And sometimes I even use a fraction of my mana to heal myself back to full.

And slightly on the current topic: Why not do both? Build a settlement around a landmark.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 23, 2011, 11:13:58 am »

And slightly on the current topic: Why not do both? Build a settlement around a landmark.
That would be interesting. But would be very very hard to do...
I would Imagine a mod that could come out doing something like that. Using my Keep in the mountains (can't remember name off top of head), its well located for solitude, has a mediocre land scape around it, perhaps enough for maybe 2 or 3 "Homes" yet it holds a basement and plenty of rooms that could be used. I never explored the basement as I wanted to restart and go on Master Difficulty with a new character. But it did look "Useable" for a base and more so if you got a following...

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 23, 2011, 11:14:29 am »

You = Getting a Place that you can "build" in the world and own. Upgrading it to accommodate different things...
Me = Taking over Keeps and other buildings that are already there in the world and make them your own, Cleaning them up and using thing them for different things...

You = Cost Coin...

Respawn means that anything you store there is subject to disappearing without warning.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 23, 2011, 11:16:07 am »

You = Cost Coin...

Respawn means that anything you store there is subject to disappearing without warning.
Take Over, this means becomes your home. As in, IT DOESN'T RESPAWN and becomes Persistent...
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 896