Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559066 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2490 on: November 23, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

I find plenty of salt, but need to stop wasting it on cooking useless crap like 2 lb chunks of meat that heal you for 10 hp.  I've decided to stop picking up food altogether.  It's all worthless unless you cook it, you can't cook anything without salt, and I'd rather save that for alchemy.  Another thing I hope modders will diversify, along with adding a slight survivalist element in making it actually required to eat once in a while.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: November 23, 2011, 06:11:05 pm »

The only potions I craft are healing and stamina potions.
*Hugs*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: November 23, 2011, 06:15:06 pm »

I mainly craft healing and damage health potions, but also keep up a stock of resistances and damage magicka/stamina regen that I use often enough.  Everything else is just easy money.  Every time I step outside, there's ingredients everywhere.  I come back from an adventure and can clear an entire city of all its gold just by selling useless potions.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 23, 2011, 06:19:18 pm »

I usually beat my foe's faces in with my fists, so poisons aren't much good. And I CBA making tons of potions just to sell.
*Hugs*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: November 23, 2011, 06:23:44 pm »

I CBA make money any other way.  Loot whoring is so much more tedious.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: November 23, 2011, 06:26:54 pm »

I usually just take gold and leave gear, It takes ages to make money, but I'm trying to save the world, not become a millionaire. As long as I have enough to keep myself on the curve of equipment I'm good.
*Hugs*

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: November 23, 2011, 06:31:17 pm »

I only loot gems, precious metals, gold, potions and ingredients.  I have a hard time leaving behind enchanted items as well, although their weight usually isn't worth the effort.  Gems and gold ingots are especially nice since stolen gems make lovely non-stolen jewellery. My sneaky guy carries around a lot of fancy rings and necklaces to sell to vendors after I've sold the heavy stuff.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: November 23, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »

I only take enchanted items if I don't have the enchantment they have, and crafting shit is taken too of course.
*Hugs*

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: November 23, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »

Every dwemer city should have a smelter. What kind of dwarf doesn't have a smelter.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2499 on: November 23, 2011, 06:35:59 pm »

Looting isn't really that good of money anyway. Shopkeepers always run out of gold long before I run out of loot, and I don't have the perks to put into Speechcraft. Just picking up gold and very rare items gets you to about 60% of what you'd get taking everything not nailed down, and it's less time consuming and keeps your inventory from getting cluttered.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: November 23, 2011, 06:36:54 pm »

I only really loot gear if it's elven.  I haven't seen anybody wearing glass yet, but if it's light enough I'll take that too.(seriously guys this is master, i'm in 140-ish smithing improved dragonplate, you can upgrade from hide and elven any time now) Everything else that aren't arrows, gold or lockpicks, stay on the bodies.

Any word on when the toolset comes out?  All I did with the Oblivion one was make me a little shack outside the imperial city, but I was very happy with it.  I wouldn't mind making myself a little dwarven styled cave in some hill with dozens of weapon holders to satisfy my odd little tendency to horde swords here too.

The breezehome is out of weapon holders, and all the table space is as full as I can get it without causing a likely deadly explosion of sharp implements when I walk in.  In other news, new house trap idea for if online ever comes in.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:47 pm »

I wander around for a few in-game days, then as soon as I see an alchemy table I bust out like thirty worthless potions.

Also, a question about:

[/spoiler]

Most enemies don't upgrade their armor, ever, it would seem.  I think Bethesda learned their lesson after the whole Oblivion bandits wearing fully enchanted daedric and glass armor thing.
Shoes...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: November 23, 2011, 06:44:27 pm »

I wander around for a few in-game days, then as soon as I see an alchemy table I bust out like thirty worthless potions.

Also, a question about:

[/spoiler]

Most enemies don't upgrade their armor, ever, it would seem.  I think Bethesda learned their lesson after the whole Oblivion bandits wearing fully enchanted daedric and glass armor thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And I bet that patch being released on the twenty-fourth is when bethesda releases the Construction Kit, or atleast they better do it or the modding community will be very very pissed off.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: November 23, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Hugs*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: November 23, 2011, 06:52:00 pm »

Just got myself my first plate armour.

...Man that looks stupid. Boobs of steel indeed. Together with the fur/hide "armour" top, it's sad to see Beth take the first real steps to chainmail bikinis. They've always been much better in their armour design than that. Even though the non-plate steel armour is still badass, of course.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 896