Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558444 times)

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2670 on: November 25, 2011, 01:17:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But yeah, all the quests lack a bit of depth I think. Even the dungeons are pretty much all linear: enemies=>simple puzzle=>more enemies=>boss=>big chest of awesome loot(+word sometime)=>exit. And there is never really any real choice(why did I have to arrest him when I could have helped him just to see what would happen? That could have been fun...).

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 25, 2011, 01:26:45 pm »

That part was just weird.

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 25, 2011, 01:43:48 pm »

Just did the quest to

I guess I'll have to fulfill my need to hunt two-legged game on bandits and Stormcloak camps.  That's not sporting though.  Last time I did it only one guy actually saw me.  Just as he did he took an arrow in the gut and I had to finish him off with my knife.  So close, try again next time.
Shoes...

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 25, 2011, 01:46:02 pm »

going for some destruction training aka giants spot near by Whiterun. gone there to find out that the giants and mamoths nicely respawned. killed all of them = raised Dest +2. then started running around for herbs. Blam - a dragon jumped into sky from bushes near by be (!!!). then he targeted the bandits (who also respawned) in the cave behind Whiterun. preety much killed them all and continiued roaming the land with me running behind him trying to hit his damn scaled ass with my lighting bolt aka railgun. then shit hit the fan. remember that bandit fort north of Whiterun? Dragon targeted them. and gues what - a randomly generated giants caravan (O_O) came near the fort. I almost heard the bandits crying when they had been launched to the moon or BBQ-ed. Dragon get bored of bandits and for some crazy ass reason focused on a mudcrabs in the streem... he landed and i finaly was able to bash him. ive seen giant gone inside the fort with his maul n the air. next sec i see bodies flying over the fort walls. but back to dragon. i kept pumping him with spark and lightining bolt and gues what - the mudcrab had the final strike. even more - when he kicked that dragon butt and aparently felt strong he targeted me. this is where his life ended thought. just two screenshots - sorry. i was just standing there with my jaws wide open brainlessly looking at this unique show the game has served me. it was at the same time epic and hilarious.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:47:57 pm by irbis »

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 25, 2011, 01:51:15 pm »

Just did the quest to

I guess I'll have to fulfill my need to hunt two-legged game on bandits and Stormcloak camps.  That's not sporting though.  Last time I did it only one guy actually saw me.  Just as he did he took an arrow in the gut and I had to finish him off with my knife.  So close, try again next time.

17 days? Omg you're patient :p. I waited one full day(by little steps of 2 hours) then decided "screw it", and just went to kill him while he was sleeping :p.

Btw, on an unrelated note, after playing for quite a while it seems every container in the solitude house is safe, even those 2 dubious barrels in the basement.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 25, 2011, 01:52:40 pm »

Also after playing a while, I think I can conclusively say that the chest in front of the greybeards' place is also safe, and can be accessed rather easily.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 25, 2011, 06:15:53 pm »

Had an interesting fight with a frost dragon lastnight.  Lydia had just recently died, and I didn't feel like reloading to get her back... so I was without a companion to decoy for me.  The dragon attacked just outside of Windhelm, where there was tons of stuff for it to attack all over the place.  At one point, it even dived into the river and disappeared for a while.  I assume it was encasing some fish in ice for the lulz.  This was a problem, because I couldn't keep up with the damn thing.  It was always flying off somewhere really far away to attack random villagers and wildlife, and lifting off again by the time I caught up.  The only time I could get close enough to even shoot it with arrows, is when it was attacking me.  Every time it attacked me, I had to take a resist frost potion and at least 2 healing potions.  I barely had enough to finish the fight (after several tries).  But the crowning moment of hilarity is when it attacked some goats at a nearby farm, who then went berserk and started mobbing me.  So here I am running around frantically chasing this dragon, while being chased by four angry goats.  Every time I catch up with the dragon and stop to shoot at it, the goats catch up with me and start headbutting me furiously.  I'm not really going anywhere with this.  I eventually beat it.  It was just WTF enough that I had to share.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 25, 2011, 06:20:09 pm »

Y'know, sometimes I think skyrim should've included "yakety sax" in its soundtrack...  :P

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: November 25, 2011, 06:37:18 pm »

Question:

Why hasn't there been a Tamriel Mod, yet? As in, map out the entire game-world? Surely its possible... Especially this edition.

To-do list: Tamriel Mod.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 25, 2011, 06:42:14 pm »

Dwemer traps. Hell yes.

Remember the bit at the end of Ravenholm in Half-Life 2? The mine cart? Yeah.

It's part-way into the quest to retrieve the
Spoiler: MacGuffin (click to show/hide)
from where they dug too deep.

Speaking of which,

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: November 25, 2011, 06:44:32 pm »

Why hasn't there been a Tamriel Mod, yet? As in, map out the entire game-world? Surely its possible... Especially this edition.

Have fun populating it. Or would you just port over 90% of what Oblivion has?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 25, 2011, 06:46:06 pm »

Plans when the construction set comes out:

A bookstore

An ultimate stealth dungeon.  Maybe a dwemer ruin, maybe something else.  Point is, it would be set up so you have to be stealthy, and if you fail you die.  Up the damage on traps so getting hit by a poison dart actually means something (It means you're gonna die), throw in a room where you have to sneak past some kind of highly alert enemy that'll fuck you up if you fail (I'm thinking some kind of upgraded steam centurion with near-instadeath steam blast).  Stuff like that.  A challenge that's insurmountable for a low level rogue or a non-rogue, and seriously taxing for a rogue.

If they succeed, some kind of artifact.  I'm thinking a light armor head piece, since most rogue headpieces are lack luster.  My current idea is a hangman's hood (There are three of them in the room where you first meet the Dark Brotherhood.  I'm deliberately avoiding spoilers) with toggleable night vision and life sense.  Maybe paint an eye on the front of it.

Darker nights and dungeons.  The darkness is so not dark right now that night vision is useless.

Mephisto:

This is a Morrowind spoiler, but Morrowind is ten years old so I'm not putting this in spoilers.  Look away if you don't want to see it.  The Dwemer disappeared when Kagrenac attempted to siphon power from the Heart of Lorkhan.  What exactly happened to them is unknown.  They may have been destroyed, they may have been sent to another plane, they may have apotheosized into some kind of collective consciousness.  Nobody knows.  The dunmer say they were punished by the gods for sciencing too much.

Tamriel mod: 

There was, and presumably still is, work on a mod for Morrowind that adds the rest of Morrowind (Morrowind itself only containing the Vvardenfell province).  It's using a weird development strategy where people can apply for a volunteer "job" and if they prove their content creation skills they can claim a section of the map to work on.  It's very slow going and I doubt much will come of it.  There's already quite a bit done and playable but it's very buggy and missing a lot of the actual meat.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:49:27 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: November 25, 2011, 06:52:00 pm »

Mephisto:

This is a Morrowind spoiler, but Morrowind is ten years old so I'm not putting this in spoilers.  Look away if you don't want to see it.  The Dwemer disappeared when Kagrenac attempted to siphon power from the Heart of Lorkhan.  What exactly happened to them is unknown.  They may have been destroyed, they may have been sent to another plane, they may have apotheosized into some kind of collective consciousness.  Nobody knows.  The dunmer say they were punished by the gods for sciencing too much.

My bad. I seem to have forgotten half of the lore I learned while playing Morrowind.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: November 25, 2011, 09:37:50 pm »

So
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: November 25, 2011, 10:12:16 pm »

Is it possible to be both a vampire and a werewolf at the same time?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 896