Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558468 times)

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2685 on: November 25, 2011, 10:16:37 pm »

Tamriel mod: 

There was, and presumably still is, work on a mod for Morrowind that adds the rest of Morrowind (Morrowind itself only containing the Vvardenfell province).  It's using a weird development strategy where people can apply for a volunteer "job" and if they prove their content creation skills they can claim a section of the map to work on.  It's very slow going and I doubt much will come of it.  There's already quite a bit done and playable but it's very buggy and missing a lot of the actual meat.
I'm  pretty sure this is what you're talking about. It's pretty nice from what I've seen of it though in the scheme of things not much.

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: November 25, 2011, 10:30:07 pm »

Challenge...
Unarmed EVERYTHING, Not allowed to be Cat Person...
Magic allowed, but only Passive or Out of Combat magic...
No Combat Magic...
All damage must be via fists...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: November 25, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »

Mephisto:

This is a Morrowind spoiler, but Morrowind is ten years old so I'm not putting this in spoilers.  Look away if you don't want to see it.  The Dwemer disappeared when Kagrenac attempted to siphon power from the Heart of Lorkhan.  What exactly happened to them is unknown.  They may have been destroyed, they may have been sent to another plane, they may have apotheosized into some kind of collective consciousness.  Nobody knows.  The dunmer say they were punished by the gods for sciencing too much.

My bad. I seem to have forgotten half of the lore I learned while playing Morrowind.
There is a little more 'answer' in Skyrim, though still cryptic as all hell unless there is something I'm not aware of.
Spoiler: Skyrim spoilers (click to show/hide)

Oh, and Neyvn, you may want to add 'no companions' to that challenge list. :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: November 25, 2011, 10:42:18 pm »

The dungeons are dark enough that I have to use a light source (usually magical). A lot depends on how you have your monitor/TV adjusted, and the game's gamma, but the outside at night is going to be lighter than the dungeons, and that's realistic for somewhere like Skyrim, especially if there's snow on the ground.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: November 25, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »

Anyone done the quest where you sacrifice a companion? Get hella good item outta it.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: November 25, 2011, 11:09:05 pm »

I am stuck trying to find a place I found when I was low level and had to run away from because I was overloaded.  I am sure it's a nordic stytle place found through a cave of somesuch which has got me zero leads so far.  Maybe I was imagining it...

Also everytime I think I have found all of the places in an area I have a look and there is another that I somehow missed before, exploring everywhere is taking a while with all this retracing of steps.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: November 25, 2011, 11:11:09 pm »

Is it possible to be both a vampire and a werewolf at the same time?

Nope. Becoming a werewolf clears you of vamprism, and also makes you immune to disease (including porphyric haemophilia or whatever it's called now).
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: November 26, 2011, 12:25:16 am »

Anyone done the quest where you sacrifice a companion? Get hella good item outta it.

I didnt liked it myself, so far all the items i got from daedra quests are useless.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: November 26, 2011, 12:42:18 am »

Mehrunes' Razor sounds useful, if it can actually kill unkillable NPCs.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: November 26, 2011, 12:46:00 am »

I caved and bought the Official Game Guide when i was up the coast the other day... Its thick as thick, around 650 A4 pages, fully coloured and lovely looking... Handy so far...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: November 26, 2011, 01:02:39 am »

Mehrunes' Razor sounds useful, if it can actually kill unkillable NPCs.

Pretty sure it can't.  I went crazy in Castle Dour with it and even after knocking Tullius from 100% to 0% in one shot he still didn't die.

All things considered, it's not that great.  As a dagger, most characters who would want it are going to be one-shotting people with it regardless, because of stealth.  Maybe as an off-hand for a warrior character it might be okay but I'll probably hang it up and make a daedric dagger once I've got the perk.
Shoes...

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: November 26, 2011, 01:04:32 am »

Dwemer traps. Hell yes.

Remember the bit at the end of Ravenholm in Half-Life 2? The mine cart? Yeah.

It's part-way into the quest to retrieve the
Spoiler: MacGuffin (click to show/hide)
from where they dug too deep.

Speaking of which,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: November 26, 2011, 01:07:50 am »

As I said, the dwemer disappeared when Kagrenac tried to siphon power from the heart of Lorkhan.

Also, I can't get over the voice acting.  Were the voice actors raised by wolves or something?  Are they morlocks?  I have never seen someone so grievously fail to understand how to inflect like a human being.
Shoes...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: November 26, 2011, 01:39:34 am »

I have figured out what annoys me the most about Skyrim. At first it was just a niggling little thing, but it has grown into a monstrous voice shouting at me every time I see it. The elk are deer and the deer are elk (and deer are also sometimes moose). D:

I mean really, who the hell named those things?!? At first I could've let it go as just a niggling little thing with misnamed models... But then, when hunting in the wilderness, I got close to a "deer" and it made the characteristic elk bugling sound!
example of elk bugling, for those who haven't heard it before: http://soundbible.com/957-Elk.html
GRAH!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: November 26, 2011, 02:01:54 am »

The deer are Irish elk, which are extinct and genetically unrelated to modern elk.  "Deer" is an acceptable name for one.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 896