Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558714 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3015 on: November 29, 2011, 10:38:03 am »

Keep in mind, they will be midget horses, not full horses, and will probably be shit.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 29, 2011, 11:30:44 am »

Hand to hand is completely gimped. It was useless in Oblivion and solely the providence of master players in Morrowind, but seriously, there's not even a skill for it now.

However, if you get the heavy armor feat that lets gauntlet AC affect damage...

Are you kidding me? I was pure Hand-to-Hand in Oblivion this one time, and I was stronger than ever. I took down the entire Imperial City with my hands. And potions. Especially back-power strike to paralyze... I wound up paralyzing soldiers, then beating the shit out of their frozen bodies, taking breaking to reparalyze whenever something came near, or the target started to rise.

Good times.

Edit;
In fact, I once punched an Orc in the city. He started attacking me, a female character, then all the guards chased him out of the city. I was laughing so hard. It was like a sick Charlie Chaplin skit.

I've played bare-handed in both Morrowind and Oblivion. It was a riot, once your skill gets high enough you do a bunch of damage... not as good as weapons, but that just means that the fun lasts MORE!

Make sure to find a mp3 of this song and put it in the Combat theme folder or whatever. Great for immersion.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:38 am »

So far the problem with unarmed seems that it's hard to level up, because you have no weapon skill. My Khajiit seems to be tearing apart the first few levels, though.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 29, 2011, 12:57:22 pm »

How many years do you think it would take before we have a Elder Scrolls game that takes place over the entire world rather then single areas?
Well, if TES series ever ends, and I'm hoping it does as it's just disappointing for a game to be strung along until it's purpose is gone and it's not even the same series anymore without an end, then I imagine it'll all culminate in some extra-universal battle-of-the-everything-forever-or-else-everything-will-cease-to-exist-and-it'll-span-all-of-Tamriel.

It'll probably be around the time that my character dies, as he's wanted by pretty much every single daedric prince, god or otherwise unearthly being in existence.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3019 on: November 29, 2011, 01:44:22 pm »

So the Dark Brotherhood questline was... really short. Apparently those wimpy assassins just can't handle some face-to-face MAN fighting.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3020 on: November 29, 2011, 01:52:03 pm »

So the Dark Brotherhood questline was... really short. Apparently those wimpy assassins just can't handle some face-to-face MAN fighting.
All of the faction quest lines are remarkably short really.

Hell, the quest to gain master level destruction spells took longer than the entire line of quests to make me archmage because you only get a vague idea of the location and no giant arrows point to the eons lost artifact.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: November 29, 2011, 04:27:37 pm »

Re: People don't want to be sword:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T01cICl5HI4
(same kid)
Lions don't want to be sword either.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3022 on: November 29, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »

Re: People don't want to be sword:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T01cICl5HI4
(same kid)
Lions don't want to be sword either.
adorahorrible

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: November 29, 2011, 04:46:29 pm »

All of the faction quest lines are remarkably short really.

Hell, the quest to gain master level destruction spells took longer than the entire line of quests to make me archmage because you only get a vague idea of the location and no giant arrows point to the eons lost artifact.

Ugh!

Right now I have to find a staff in Mara's eye pond. I HAVE NOOOO idea where it is.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: November 29, 2011, 05:29:04 pm »

ummm okey.
can anybody think of any reason why anyone/i should use Wall of Fire/frost/lightining, Incirinate/Thunderstrike/Ice Spear spells? they seem so.... forced, if you know what i mean.
Its kind a disapoiniting to reach 75+ level in destruction just to continiue useing Fireball/Chain Lightining.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: November 29, 2011, 05:31:05 pm »

You can make Dwemer Centurions your bitch with those spells. They're not smart enough to avoid them so you just dance around a set of stairs and coat them in ice/fire/lighting and make a sandwich while they walk through them and die.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3026 on: November 29, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »

ummm okey.
can anybody think of any reason why anyone/i should use Wall of Fire/frost/lightining, Incirinate/Thunderstrike/Ice Spear spells? they seem so.... forced, if you know what i mean.
Its kind a disapoiniting to reach 75+ level in destruction just to continiue useing Fireball/Chain Lightining.
Why wouldn't you use Incinerate, Thunderbolt or Ice Spear? They hit hard, especially dual cast. The wall spells are semi-useful though they don't do enough damage unless you can get an enemy to stand on them.

In my pure mage game I use thunderbolt as my main damage spell backed up by a pair of summoned dremora lords. I'm level 48 on master and shit is tough.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 29, 2011, 06:27:07 pm »

ummm okey.
Why wouldn't you use Incinerate, Thunderbolt or Ice Spear? They hit hard, especially dual cast. The wall spells are semi-useful though they don't do enough damage unless you can get an enemy to stand on them.

In my pure mage game I use thunderbolt as my main damage spell backed up by a pair of summoned dremora lords. I'm level 48 on master and shit is tough.
There's one obvious and quite bad reason to only use the first spells: the 'damage per mana spent' ratio (which actually is the DPS). The last spells have some nice collateral effects, but I don't know if these effects can offset their bad DPS.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: November 29, 2011, 06:29:00 pm »

Bah, just enchant your gear to >=100% destruction cost reduction and spam them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:05 pm »

Bah, just enchant your gear to >=100% destruction cost reduction and spam them.

What is odd is even after you do that. You still don't actually outright break the game.

Making me think that 100% reduction was intentional.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 896