Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559195 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3075 on: November 30, 2011, 02:01:59 pm »

Just found Blackreach. All I can say is: wow. I think I know how DF caverns look like now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: November 30, 2011, 02:04:11 pm »

Just found Blackreach. All I can say is: wow. I think I know how DF caverns look like now.

The best thing about are the buildings there, are built by Dwarves!
Sure they are elf-dwarves (DweMER) but still.. Dwarves!!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3077 on: November 30, 2011, 02:17:11 pm »

lol, so they broke book cases, made dragons fly backwards, and accidentally disabled resistances/weaknesses?

You'd think in an environment where patches are forced on users (Steam), the developers would take the time to actually test the patch before they distribute it. Buggy releases like this is one of the main reasons I'm reluctant to use Steam.

And with the mention of the box version, I'm pretty sure they all use steam too (if there was a box version without steam I'd have bought it, the steam force feeding is what kept me from purchasing). Unless you're using some kind of cracked version, you're using Steam - and you're using the new patch.

It is kind of funny that people who legitimately purchased the game are stuck with a buggy new update, while people who illegally downloaded the game are given the choice to stick with their less buggy version. Yay for once again giving software pirates a better customer experience?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: November 30, 2011, 02:44:55 pm »

Library -> Right Click -> Properties -> Updates Tab, "Do not automatically update this game" option.

Simple enough, really. But this is a fairly big bug. Seems as if armor doesn't work either (not just elemental resistances; though Absorb effects still stop magic damage). Makes the game more interesting when you're not so high and mighty that things can just blow you up... and vice versa.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: November 30, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »

thank you God for making me buy the game from store then ^^
yay boxed games! :D
Doesn't the boxed version just install the steam client+version? My friend's did.
not in my country :3

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3080 on: November 30, 2011, 03:10:27 pm »

Library -> Right Click -> Properties -> Updates Tab, "Do not automatically update this game" option.

Simple enough, really. But this is a fairly big bug. Seems as if armor doesn't work either (not just elemental resistances; though Absorb effects still stop magic damage). Makes the game more interesting when you're not so high and mighty that things can just blow you up... and vice versa.

I've seen so many reports saying that feature doesn't work that I've pretty much dismissed it as a non-feature. If it actually works for you though, great.

thank you God for making me buy the game from store then ^^
yay boxed games! :D
Doesn't the boxed version just install the steam client+version? My friend's did.
not in my country :3

You sure you didn't buy a cracked version that someone burned to disk for resale? As far as I know every legit version of Skyrim requires Steam.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: November 30, 2011, 03:40:32 pm »

That doesn't work, though. It updates anyways. (There are a bunch of people complaining about it on Bethesda's forums)

Nice job breaking it, Bethesda. You've broken Skyrim for everyone except the pirates. *facepalm*

(I bought the boxed version from GameStop, it required Steam, and 1.2 installed itself automagically. I didn't have auto-update disabled because I've never had to do that with any of my other steam games (except V:TM:B, but that's because I had the unofficial patch installed, and nobody's updating the base game anyways).)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:43:52 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3082 on: November 30, 2011, 03:43:10 pm »

mmm maybe that's why pirates are winning:
no obligation to buggy updates.
and obviously, disc not necessary and free to grab.
i'm the only one who recalls those old games who didn't have bugs, just glitches?
and they weren't even the programmers fault, but the players?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: November 30, 2011, 03:45:14 pm »

I remember old games with lots of bugs. Master of Magic, for instance, crashed all the time and whenever you got late in the game, and had a number of buggy spells, and spells which were guaranteed to crash the game.

The only way I ever won was by blitzing in the beginning of the game, otherwise it got crash-happy and impossible to play. Well, there was one time I won by starting on Myrror, blocking it off with white magic, colonizing the entire plane, and then sending my armies over to the other side and attacking everyone roughly simultaneously with superpowered armies...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3084 on: November 30, 2011, 03:57:37 pm »

I remember old games with lots of bugs. Master of Magic, for instance, crashed all the time and whenever you got late in the game, and had a number of buggy spells, and spells which were guaranteed to crash the game.

The only way I ever won was by blitzing in the beginning of the game, otherwise it got crash-happy and impossible to play. Well, there was one time I won by starting on Myrror, blocking it off with white magic, colonizing the entire plane, and then sending my armies over to the other side and attacking everyone roughly simultaneously with superpowered armies...
Yeah... for a long time if you tried to cast lycanthropy to make yourself some werewolf troops it would crash the game immediately.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: November 30, 2011, 04:03:24 pm »

well Elder Scroll Daggerfall not by accident called Buggerfall. old game but still one of the buggest in the entire history of computer games.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3086 on: November 30, 2011, 04:07:59 pm »

well Elder Scroll Daggerfall not by accident called Buggerfall. old game but still one of the buggest in the entire history of computer games.
We used to call it daggerfail. Amazing game for the time but incredibly buggy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: November 30, 2011, 05:15:26 pm »

This seems to be reverse though, I'm pretty sure the patch added more bugs than it fixed.
It's why I'm glad I can just delete the patch and play without it.
*Hugs*

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: November 30, 2011, 05:18:45 pm »

Bethesda is going to have to patch their patch. And then they're going to have to patch their patch to patch the game.

Patchception.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: November 30, 2011, 05:20:35 pm »

Bethesda is going to have to patch their patch. And then they're going to have to patch their patch to patch the game.

Patchception.
Not yet... Still needs more patches...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 896