Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550124 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3600 on: December 12, 2011, 05:14:22 pm »

I've never had it happen again and have no idea what the chance of these things happening is or what triggers (value? enchanted? armor only? etc) will cause them but its interesting.

I really wish I could specify my companion's equipment though. STOP USING THE STAFF OF FIREBALLS LYDIA! NOW I HAVE TO CHARGE IT AGAIN AGGGH
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:28:49 pm by forsaken1111 »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: December 12, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »

Goddammit. First everbody insisted on constantly spelling Libya as Lybia, and now I see Lydia spelled as Lidya everywhere? Please, for my sanity's sake, make up your mind people? ;D
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3602 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:33 pm »

Goddammit. First everbody insisted on constantly spelling Libya as Lybia, and now I see Lydia spelled as Lidya everywhere? Please, for my sanity's sake, make up your mind people? ;D
Typos happen. :P

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: December 12, 2011, 05:46:59 pm »

i threw a bunch of dagger around, and a guard stopped me saying "HEY don't throw weapons around!"
"yes sir."
*left the daggers in the moat and ran away*

Before the game came out, I remember the devs talking about you dropping good weapons, and the npcs fighting over them or bringing them back to you.. anyone know if this is real, or were they bullshitting us? I gotta test this.
They were bullshitting us. Kind of like how they said there would be Vehicles in Fallout New Vegas, or that there would be over 200 endings in Fallout 3 :P

Actually, they will sometimes fight over dropped items, I think it's just a very rare occurrence. 

Most of the time they simply ignore the items you drop, though. I dropped a bunch of flawless gems in front of a beggar earlier, he didn't even seem to notice.
When they do notice they will typically just return the items or ask your permission to keep items you've dropped.

Edit: Dropping items in taverns seems to increase the chances of fighting greatly. Mjoll just beat the shit out of killed Vulwulf over some scaled armor.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:10:32 pm by Jehdin »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: December 12, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »

One time I accidentally stole an axe in Gerdur's house (it was leaning up against the bed!) I kept trying to comply with her demand to put it down, but every time I dropped it her son would place it back in my inventory.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: December 12, 2011, 06:40:56 pm »

I've had beggars come up and ask me if they can keep the nice clothes I've dropped, I've also had sad guards telling me not to drop all the swords I stole off of em.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3606 on: December 12, 2011, 06:54:32 pm »

*PC starts to steal the Guard's sword from its scabbard*
Guard: "What do you think you're doing?
PC:Um... I thought you might like a sword, and I wanted to surprise you, so I was just going to slip it in...
Guard: "You can't bribe me. Take your sword and get out of here!"
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: December 12, 2011, 07:00:54 pm »

NPCs will fight. There's a few youtube videos of NPC fighting over stolen, dropped food in Inns.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3608 on: December 12, 2011, 07:18:22 pm »

NPCs will fight. There's a few youtube videos of NPC fighting over stolen, dropped food in Inns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZoLY-IRYA

Pretty amusing actually. He doesn't even pick up the dagger he murdered for, and the guards don't give a shit.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: December 12, 2011, 07:49:05 pm »

I dropped a useless piece of armor in a bandit hideout.
One of the bandits promptly came running down the hallway to ask if he could take it.
I said yes and sent him on his merry way.

He was halfway back down the hallway before he decided to attack me after all.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: December 12, 2011, 07:56:31 pm »

I can actually imagine that scene.

Bandit: "Oooh shiny, can I have?"
You: "Of course."
*Bandit runs off*
Bandit: "Wait a min-"
*As you knife him in the back*

Thanks for the chuckle. :D

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: December 12, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »

Gonna be starting a Lets Play of Skyrim soon, but I need you guys to vote on what I'm gonna play as..

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=97526.0

Thars the link to where the post is.  Gogogo
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: December 13, 2011, 05:03:09 am »

Bethesda's weird programming:
Because I dared enter into the Honningbrew Meadery earlier in my game (like 40 hours ago), the game wouldn't activate the third quest from the Thieve's Guild. *facepalm*

Luckily I'm playing on the PC and I could use the console to activate the next quest. :P
_____

And btw, playing with a high-level character (I'm lvl 56) means sometime fighting with more than 5 Draugr Deathlords at the same time. Very funtm, especially as I'm playing without companions and with basic light armor, and as I just started a new warrior life with a 2H weapon and no skill in it.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: December 13, 2011, 06:31:04 am »

Bethesda's weird programming:
Because I dared enter into the Honningbrew Meadery earlier in my game (like 40 hours ago), the game wouldn't activate the third quest from the Thieve's Guild. *facepalm*

Luckily I'm playing on the PC and I could use the console to activate the next quest. :P
_____

And btw, playing with a high-level character (I'm lvl 56) means sometime fighting with more than 5 Draugr Deathlords at the same time. Very funtm, especially as I'm playing without companions and with basic light armor, and as I just started a new warrior life with a 2H weapon and no skill in it.

I don't know, I play as dual-onehanded ass-ass-in and those poor bastards fall like wheat (level 43). Also, Expert difficulty. I am going to re-roll because the game got too easy.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: December 13, 2011, 09:05:22 am »

Instead of re-rolling I decided to just stop using my main skill(s): I already mastered destruction, then 1H weapons and block, so now I'm mastering 2H weapons. The primary power limit is in fact that I only allocate one or two perks for each skill-tree. These absence of specialization makes my character less powerful/more fragile. And in a way it makes all fights more epic. Even more with all the Draugr Deathlords. :D

And I must admit that I 'only' play in Normal difficulty...
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 896