Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558305 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4095 on: December 29, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »

Boethiah is maybe even more evil than Molag Bal, if I have to go by their quests...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: December 29, 2011, 05:55:45 pm »

To be honest I haven't done any Boethiah quests at all, and when I did this one I had no Idea who he even was. In retrospective, now I have no bad feelings at all about killing that dude twice. :D

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: December 29, 2011, 06:02:46 pm »

One guy attacks you first, you're only acting in self defense.

Used the disarm shout and rigorous application of FOS RO DAH to keep him away while I looked for a way out. Ended up having to kill Tyranus just to get the door to unlock. Basically had to decide which of us was going to live and which was going to die because I had Tyranus so badly outclassed.

I guess I could have pummelled him with my fists, but the game doesn't accept unconciousness.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: December 29, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »

Sure the guy is daedric prince of deceit, conspiracy, secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority but I still choose him over Molag Bal. He is allied with Stendarr (one of the divines) and that's gotta count for something.

Probably the most "good" daedric prince is Azura, in my opinion.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4099 on: December 29, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »

Sure the guy is daedric prince of deceit, conspiracy, secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority but I still choose him over Molag Bal. He is allied with Stendarr (one of the divines) and that's gotta count for something.

Probably the most "good" daedric prince is Azura, in my opinion.
Even 'she' doesn't give a shit about mortals really but yeah she does 'good' things more often than 'bad'.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: December 29, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »

Copy-paste from uesp.net:
Azura is one of the few Daedra who maintains the appearance of being "good" by mortal standards, and presumably feels more concern for the well-being of her mortal subjects than other Daedric Princes, as evidenced in books such as Invocation of Azura. However, although she is never overtly deceitful, the way Azura always gets what she desires in the end, and how titanic events always follow her interventions, can be portrayed as disturbing.

Most daedric princes are evil but there are good ones too. My favorite is Sheogorath. He doesn't care about good and evil he's just having some fun!

Sanguine is cool too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4101 on: December 29, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »

I do like Sanguine, though he's a bit reckless.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: December 29, 2011, 06:41:59 pm »

and getting soulstones for free? Yes please!

I would not say it's for free..
Since it requires recharging?

Considering it gives me the soulstones with which I can recharge it I'd say they're for free.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Mace_of_Molag_Bal

Hmm.. It only does soultrap, you sure you are not carrying any empty soulstones around?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: December 29, 2011, 06:50:51 pm »

Just carry Azura's Star.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: December 29, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »

Just carry Azura's Star.
This. Doubly so if you have the black star. That way, you beat up some bandits to get black soul gems, and refill the mace with ~1 soul.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: December 29, 2011, 06:57:13 pm »

Any of you toying with any interesting mods?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: December 29, 2011, 07:09:53 pm »

Makers Mark Ingots has no effect on gameplay whatsoever, but it stamps all the ingots in the world with some marks that make them a little less bland. It's not the most interesting mod, but it's the one that I'll most readily recommend just because it's so small and neat.

I'm still not trying any big mods yet.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: December 29, 2011, 07:19:39 pm »

My opinion on Daedric princes:

Good/benign Daedric princes:
Meridia - Rude but good intentions.
Sanguine - Nice fellow looking for fun.

Princes that are okay as long as you're on their good side:
Hircine - I'm uncertain about him. On one hand he hates rogue 'weres, on the other he doesn't forgive.
Nocturnal - I don't see anything bad about her, really. As long as you do your job.
Peryite - He doesn't seem actively evil besides the Pestilence thing. And he talks rather nicely.
Sheogorath - Fun fellow, but... Well, a little too chaotic at times. Still, he's not that bad, but I must leave him in this section because he is still dangerous.

Princes that are plain jerks:
Namira - Just plain disgusting, haven't done the quest yet but the quest doesn't sound very...
Mephala - She's kinda... err.
Mehrunes Dagon - Obvious.
Hermaeus Mora - Why did you kill the poor old man?
Clavicus Vile - Why you hate your dog so much. Plus, if it wasn't for Barbas, you likely would have smacked me.
Boethiah - Seriously? Killing someone who trusts me just to talk to you? No. Way.

Unsure:
Azura - I have never talked to her ever. I chose the Black Star.
Malacath - Never did quest yet.

Val's Crafting Meltdown. Unbalancing, especially with transmutes, yes, but it makes it worth it to carry as much crap as you can out of dungeons. Which I think is a good thing.

Souls to Perks: Potentially unbalancing IF you set the number of dragon souls needed low, otherwise I consider it not that unbalancing. It makes getting more dragon souls worth it after you've learned a lot of your shouts.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:21:23 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: December 29, 2011, 07:30:44 pm »

and getting soulstones for free? Yes please!

I would not say it's for free..
Since it requires recharging?

Considering it gives me the soulstones with which I can recharge it I'd say they're for free.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Mace_of_Molag_Bal

Hmm.. It only does soultrap, you sure you are not carrying any empty soulstones around?

<.<
That's what I meant. Stupid language differences. But I am pretty sure that can be charged with soulgems, which I get from trapping souls. Am I interpreting something wrong here?

Edit: Oh... I just read how the soul trap thing works. Darn. Well, it's still a good weapon.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: December 29, 2011, 09:18:44 pm »

My opinion on Daedric princes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I view the princes like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'd say that Azura and Mehrunes Dagon are the best bets for pacts.  Boethiah, Herma-Mora, Malacath, Mephala, Meridia, Nocturnal, and Peryite don't seem too bad, but I'd think it'd be highly situational and have a serious chance of coming back to haunt you.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 896