Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550146 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4350 on: January 06, 2012, 12:58:39 pm »

okay.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4351 on: January 06, 2012, 12:59:54 pm »

Well, I cant really relate to everyone wishing bethesda was back like how they used to be. I also cant relate when people say Skyrim is a low quality game; compare it to 95% of the stuff out there and Skyrim is gold. Or when people say Morrowind was good; I really disliked that game. Daggerfall was worse still.

Its not that I am ignoring the quality of the game, its just that I dont see eye-to-eye with everyone who isn't liking Skyrim.

I think that may be your issue, friend. I think you've just proven how your mindset is, based on your opinion of Bethesda's real works of art.
Psh, daggerfall was crap as a game. It had fantastic writing and story but a large part of the game itself was a ball of drudgerry and boredom. It had a lot of its own poor design decisions, UI issues, bugs, etc. The only thing that has changed is that people now look at it through rose-tinted nostalgia.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:02:04 pm by forsaken1111 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:01 pm »

Well, I cant really relate to everyone wishing bethesda was back like how they used to be. I also cant relate when people say Skyrim is a low quality game; compare it to 95% of the stuff out there and Skyrim is gold. Or when people say Morrowind was good; I really disliked that game. Daggerfall was worse still.

Its not that I am ignoring the quality of the game, its just that I dont see eye-to-eye with everyone who isn't liking Skyrim.

I think that may be your issue, friend. I think you've just proven how your mindset is, based on your opinion of Bethesda's real works of art.

Those poor sheeple, they can't appreciate a true work of art! Not like this modern garbage. thankfully I knew this series was good back before it was popular.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:22 pm »

Psh, daggerfall was crap as a game. It had fantastic writing and story but the game itself was a ball of drudgerry and boredom. It had a lot of its own poor design decisions, UI issues, bugs, etc. The only thing that has changed is that people now look at it through rose-tinted nostalgia.

Was it? I found it much more exciting than the previous RPG/dungeon games I'd delved into in the 90's. It was an actual effort, an attempt at something worthwhile in the industry. Not a sequel to make bank on, as shown by the Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout3 system we've seen by Bethesda.

okay.

Quite constructive. May as well rename this to the Bethesda Fanboy Club if you don't appreciate the inherent quality of the game to be expanded on, friend.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: January 06, 2012, 01:06:19 pm »

May as well rename this to the Bethesda Fanboy Club if you don't appreciate the inherent quality of the game to be expanded on, friend.

Holy shit dude really? Man really?
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: January 06, 2012, 01:07:09 pm »

Holy shit dude really? Man really?

He shouldn't show the tendencies of the type if he isn't willing to be called it.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: January 06, 2012, 01:28:08 pm »

*sigh*

Anyway... uh... favorite race?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: January 06, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

After Morrowind, and the first city I ever really visited after the Whiterun stuff was Windhelm, Dark Elves just sorta work for me. Although for mages I always chose Breton, because 100% magic resistance/absorption is amazing. I'm leaning towards Redguards for warriors but I don't know why.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: January 06, 2012, 01:35:11 pm »

*sigh*

Anyway... uh... favorite race?
PC master race

Khajiit due to starting sneak skill and the unarmed attack that starts more powerful than swords.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: January 06, 2012, 01:37:16 pm »

Orc or Imperial.

After Morrowind, and the first city I ever really visited after the Whiterun stuff was Windhelm, Dark Elves just sorta work for me. Although for mages I always chose Breton, because 100% magic resistance/absorption is amazing. I'm leaning towards Redguards for warriors but I don't know why.

I'M AN ORC MAGE

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: January 06, 2012, 01:40:32 pm »

I might try a Khajiit; I wanted to, but I was having a hell of a time making a decent-looking character. Mayhaps I will spend more time on it, but making a decent man/mer is so easy :P

Do we still have the "randomize face" option? I cant find it. I liked that option in Oblivion; mash it a few dozen times, then tweak your favorite one it gives you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: January 06, 2012, 01:42:58 pm »

I might try a Khajiit; I wanted to, but I was having a hell of a time making a decent-looking character. Mayhaps I will spend more time on it, but making a decent man/mer is so easy :P
Steps to making a good-looking cat:
 1. Give the cat a moustache
 2. You have a good-looking cat.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: January 06, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »

I am envisioning you wandering around sticking fake moustaches on cats, going "Yeaaahhh" and doing finger guns at them now Duke.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: January 06, 2012, 01:51:54 pm »

One part of that image is true in everything I do.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: January 06, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »

I found Morrowind boring. I thought Oblivion was a complete waste of money. I thought Fallout 3 was the exact opposite of what Fallout 2 was - it was made to be huge and shallow, unlike FO2 which was in a small world, but very detailed. In Bethesda games, you don't play a hero, you play a tourist.

So, I had no expectations of Skyrim, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

TBH, I don't feel like RPGs these days are RPGs anymore.. they're just for people who like playing with stats, and games which try to sell a story without any gameplay. Skyrim was actually a rare, true RPG. You actually do save the world, and when you do, people actually recognize you. Not only that, but they went a bit further and gave recognition for other little deeds too.

From start to finish, it provides an ideal RPG experience... do what you like, be a hero, destroy the world or save it, get legendary artifacts, etc. There's the good old cliches like innkeepers giving quests, guilds for all the major playstyles of the game, etc. So, heck, I give it a 5/5, definitely RPG of the year, and a good benchmark for the whole decade (even with the game killing bugs).

Right now, I'm having fun making a naked autistic Nord with a pickaxe, specializing in sneak attacks :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 896