Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550080 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4500 on: January 16, 2012, 01:18:06 am »

How long did it take other people to get the pun with Elsweyr? I've been playing since Morrowind and I only just got it the other night.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: January 16, 2012, 01:22:10 am »

Any further word on CK release date? We're halfway through January...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: January 16, 2012, 01:41:17 am »

Any further word on CK release date? We're halfway through January...

Let's just say that CCP's going to have to sue for copyright infringement

SOON!®

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: January 16, 2012, 01:53:36 am »

I am surprised by the city bashing in Skyrim--Morrowind was pretty sparse too-thus mods like "Morrowind comes alive"-Vivic seemed big, but really there was hardly more than 2-3 people in the "streets" between the canals. Oblivion had a sad excuse for a capital city (even if Shivering Isles was individually awesome), much less every other village (Kvatch, dear god, Kvatch) By comparison I keep finding new quests even in tiny little hamlets because it seems like everyone is up to something.

It is kinda  a good balance--Morrowind had lots of people to wantonly murder if you were playing a serial killer or the like, and no quests would break.  Oblivion was packed with quest giving people you really wanted to kill but couldn't for whatever reason.

I feel like Skyrim balanced the two.

I can't wait until the mods for Skyrim get good.

I loved Morrowind, spent more years playing it than any other game in my life, but I couldn't imagine it without Antares big mod (including stuff like hireable scouts, assassins and agents, becoming an actual archmage/patriarch complete with the power to call others heretic and have them burned at the stake), no glow (hate the magic shrink wrap), peaceful cliff racers and dozens and dozens of other goodies (werewolves not being perma hated by whole universe if revealed to one, quickly disembowled peasant).

Oblivion mods were as disappointing as the rest of the game--pretty outfits and naked ladies.

Skyrim actually has potential--I've been playing around with Midas magic and my tide-pool dwelling khajiiti hedge witch finally feels complete with summonable insect swarms and the ability to create entangling plant life (while training alteration :D)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:58:59 am by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: January 16, 2012, 01:55:47 am »

Just got Skyrim today, and Sigurd Thunderpeak is having a great time fighting for the Nordic people. I'm taking advantage of the new dual-wielding thing to wield swords and lightning at the same time.

PRO: Double lightning bolts. Double swords. Pretty neat stuff.

CON: Having to alternate right/left clicks for sword usage gets really annoying. The inability to cast spells without pressing Q and changing the equipped effect is ridiculous. There should be a hotkey.

Skyrim's towns are pretty neat, but the local map doesn't help at all. The high black/white contrast makes the damn thing unreadable.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: January 16, 2012, 01:57:59 am »

Just got Skyrim today, and Sigurd Thunderpeak is having a great time fighting for the Nordic people. I'm taking advantage of the new dual-wielding thing to wield swords and lightning at the same time.

PRO: Double lightning bolts. Double swords. Pretty neat stuff.

CON: Having to alternate right/left clicks for sword usage gets really annoying. The inability to cast spells without pressing Q and changing the equipped effect is ridiculous. There should be a hotkey.

Skyrim's towns are pretty neat, but the local map doesn't help at all. The high black/white contrast makes the damn thing unreadable.

You can hotkey by hitting a number while in your favorites menu.  Its actually fairly intuitive once you get the hang of it--2 taps to get both hands
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: January 16, 2012, 04:08:11 am »

I tried equipping 2 swords, but didn't notice faster swings. I couldn't swing one sword until my other sword was done swinging. Compared to my one handed sword, I didn't notice a difference.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:51 am »

You get a perk called dual flurry that increases swing speed.

Then you get a shout that adds on top of that.

And then you are a blender.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: January 16, 2012, 05:12:01 am »

And then you equip two pickaxes and mine ALL the things!!!!
*Hugs*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: January 16, 2012, 05:48:03 am »

Does that work for you? For me it won't work on enchanted weapons so I never used it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: January 16, 2012, 05:48:46 am »

Does that work for you? For me it won't work on enchanted weapons so I never used it.

Well, the simple solution for that is to not use enchanted weapons.

Keep a pair of daggers around for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: January 16, 2012, 05:51:55 am »

It doesn't work on enchanted weapons, so I never use them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:50 am »

The problem is that the devs overlooked it. Wonder if they are gonna patch the game. If they do will it automatically patch?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: January 16, 2012, 06:53:05 am »

They didn't overlook it. It's intentional.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: January 16, 2012, 08:19:53 am »

Most shouts are useless anyway since they have a shared cooldown. I just use the one (fire breath for now) with the greatest DPS :D
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 896