Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550014 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5085 on: February 11, 2012, 02:05:50 pm »

Check this out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let's kill something...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: February 11, 2012, 02:11:03 pm »

I also had an idea for a Dwarven (LORE) Follower you can pick up by opening a seal in some dwrven ruin. He would require something like a certain Shout to get to him. And some one voices him that everytime he goes up against a giant he calls out something like "Oi Big and Ugly. Lets have a Tap war. Who ever hits lighter wins......" and after the Giant goes down "Damn. I lost..."

That line alone would fit the Dwarves od Skyrim that was the only reason for trying to figure out how to get one...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: February 11, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »

It would be against the lore for any dwemer to remain. They all dissapeared due to some super powerful magical/technilogical event that they caused on purpose (that may have misfired or may have worked , not quite sure been a while since morrowind).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: February 11, 2012, 02:48:52 pm »

Not strictly true, one remained because, according to his own words, he was in the "Outer Realms" at the time. There may have been others.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: February 11, 2012, 02:54:32 pm »

I don't like that there is dwarves in Skyrim at all. Well, more than an outpost or two at least.
Love, scriver~

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: February 11, 2012, 02:56:30 pm »

Actually. I wonder if the Consrtution Kit cab actually support that idea in formimg it
 as in have the commands to effect things like that.

Oh, it definitely does. If the GECK of Fallout: New Vegas can support the mod Real Time Settlers, then Skyrim should be perfectly capable of doing so. Its just a matter of getting a team together for it, since something of that scope would be far beyond the norm for the average single person, given time constraints on working and such.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: February 11, 2012, 03:00:58 pm »

I don't like that there is dwarves in Skyrim at all. Well, more than an outpost or two at least.

Yeah, that kinda bothers me too. I think they brought them back more because they are so popular with the fans rather than because they fit the setting. I love the dwemer, but I still think they should've kept the number of dwemer ruins very low and placed them all at the eastern edge of the map.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5092 on: February 11, 2012, 03:03:49 pm »

I thought the main reason for the dwemer ruins in skyrim was Blackreach. Wasn't it a major Dwemer city before the fall? It makes sense that there would be other dwemer construction around the area of a major city.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: February 11, 2012, 03:30:02 pm »

Yeah, that kinda bothers me too. I think they brought them back more because they are so popular with the fans rather than because they fit the setting. I love the dwemer, but I still think they should've kept the number of dwemer ruins very low and placed them all at the eastern edge of the map.

Eastern and southwestern, maybe. Hammerfell and Morrowind were the only region where Dwemer lived. Perhaps a mining settlements or something other with a clear purpose for being away from their sphere of influence in the rest of Skyrim.

I thought the main reason for the dwemer ruins in skyrim was Blackreach. Wasn't it a major Dwemer city before the fall? It makes sense that there would be other dwemer construction around the area of a major city.

That's kind of the problem - Dwemer having a major seat in a place they wasn't supposed to have lived.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: February 11, 2012, 03:31:05 pm »

Weren't dwemer called dwarves because the giants who happen to feature heavily in Skyrim lived in close proximity to them and called them dwarves?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: February 11, 2012, 03:37:29 pm »

Because the "giants" who lived in Morrowind called them dwarves, and it's not like that story was ever serious anyway. They're called dwarves because dwarven equipment were in Daggerfall and possibly Arena and then Beth decided that "hey wouldn't it be cool if the dwarves weren't dwarves but these kind of steampunk elves" and then they needed a some way to bridge over the change. And Beth were never really good at retcons.

Daggerfall ending excepted.
Love, scriver~

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: February 11, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »

Because the "giants" who lived in Morrowind called them dwarves, and it's not like that story was ever serious anyway. They're called dwarves because dwarven equipment were in Daggerfall and possibly Arena and then Beth decided that "hey wouldn't it be cool if the dwarves weren't dwarves but these kind of steampunk elves" and then they needed a some way to bridge over the change. And Beth were never really good at retcons.

By this explanation the Dwemmer fit nicely in Skyrim. There are giants everywhere.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: February 11, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »

There could be giants anywhere. It's irrelevant.
Love, scriver~

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5098 on: February 11, 2012, 04:59:50 pm »

The retcon came before Morrowind. Redguard was the first game that gave them their airships and other steampunkness. It's because Arena's world was based off of an old homebrew DnD campaign one of the original Bethesda dudes ran, and whilst it started to move away from DnD in Daggerfall it wasn't really until Morrowind that the gameworld really established itself as being it's own "thing".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: February 11, 2012, 05:18:45 pm »

Hm, wasn't Redguard made during the development of Morrowind?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 896