Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1549964 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5310 on: February 18, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »

The timing of the animations on sync kills has never looked right to me. It's trying to do this Matrix slow-time thing before speeding up, but the timing has always looked wrong, during both parts.
Exactly, it speeds up at the wrong time and it becomes slow-mo at the wrong time. You kill the bad-doers faster than the lightining and watch the corpse for a second. Not cool.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49:17 pm »

In addition to that, the animations just seem truncated. Like...you start slow and see yourself winding up for this monster hit...and then it speeds up and stab a guy like lightning with zero follow through and instant return....and THEN he goes rocketing off.

About the only kill animation I've seen that looks half way believable is the 2-hander impaling.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: February 18, 2012, 08:20:53 pm »

The unarmed ones are pretty cool. You grab them by the throat and just face punch them half a dozen times.
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: February 18, 2012, 08:29:40 pm »

My favorite is throat slitting.

Badass 8)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: February 18, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »

Let's take "it doesn't matter if the vanilla sucks, there are mods" to the extreme:

TES:VI - An orc guarding a chest inside a 5x5 room. The end. CK released a bit later than the game.

... no, that's absolutely not okay in my book. Beth needs to straighten out its storytelling.

so I'm not the only one who feels this way?  I often joke that TES VII will have photorealistic graphics and take place in a one block radius.  One quest, the end.  You want more?  Mod it yourself.
I would totally pay full price for what some people would come out with using just the creation kit (plus the ability to use the creation kit myself, of course). I wouldn't pay it until it happened, obviously, but I'm pretty sure it would happen.

By the way, is it just me or male Argonian voice sounds very charismatic? It doesn't sound reptilian one bit. I don't know how a reptilian humanoid would sound like though.
Not sure I've noticed it being charismatic as such, but it's definitely nice but not reptilian in the slightest. Makes me  :-\.

In addition to that, the animations just seem truncated. Like...you start slow and see yourself winding up for this monster hit...and then it speeds up and stab a guy like lightning with zero follow through and instant return....and THEN he goes rocketing off.

About the only kill animation I've seen that looks half way believable is the 2-hander impaling.
Two-handed hammer ones look decent. Of course, one of those is literally just bashing them down, one (the spin-impale-stop thing) doesn't really work but not for technical reasons, and one is bashing their legs out then bashing them down.

Never noticed pacing problems, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: February 18, 2012, 08:33:48 pm »

Cleanly cutting peoples heads off with the mace: Totally realistic.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: February 18, 2012, 08:39:22 pm »

I'd like a mod with body location modifiers. At least something as simple as +25% damage to the head, -25% to the limbs.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: February 18, 2012, 08:45:33 pm »

Yeah, there should be a reason to aim for the head when using a bow.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: February 18, 2012, 08:46:30 pm »

If the scraps of VATS from Fallout are still left in, it should be fairly trivial to add in limb damage, if not just a script that adds damage for hitting the head.

Edit: Looks like the only thing from stopping head damage is merely changing the multiplier value. Wonder if it works, but looks like it should.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:52:08 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: February 18, 2012, 08:54:33 pm »

I'd like a mod with body location modifiers. At least something as simple as +25% damage to the head, -25% to the limbs.

That actually sounds like it would do a lot for the overall flow of combat. And it'd nerf archery a good bit, which it really needs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: February 18, 2012, 09:06:39 pm »

It would also give people who can actually aim a bow an advantage. Which is good.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »

I always thought the Dibella Temple quest really creepy from that perspective. Getting a child and basically selling her off to be a sex slave for the rest of her life? No thanks, I think I'll pass.
I love how this is apparently worse than the mass murder you regularly commit in the game :P

Well, if this makes you feel better... remember kids are impervious to harm? So they don't get to break her hymen until she's an adult... :P

Spoiler: Evil thoughts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:37:11 pm by kcwong »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: February 18, 2012, 09:39:28 pm »

I always thought the Dibella Temple quest really creepy from that perspective. Getting a child and basically selling her off to be a sex slave for the rest of her life? No thanks, I think I'll pass.
I love how this is apparently worse than the mass murder you regularly commit in the game :P

Well, if this makes you feel better... remember kids are impervious to harm? So they don't get to break her hymen until she's an adult... :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: February 18, 2012, 09:52:30 pm »

Hmm? I was talking about the sound effect you get from hitting an invincible NPC that you just "killed".

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: February 18, 2012, 09:54:54 pm »

Hmm? I was talking about the sound effect you get from hitting an invincible NPC that you just "killed".

Exactly!

Oh look, is that an UFO?

*vanishes*

someone change the subject
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 896