Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559332 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5940 on: April 06, 2012, 09:07:55 pm »

they believe

Oh, no, it's much worse than that. It's what will actually happen. Skyrim contains the last of the towers, the Throat of the World. The adamantine tower, the white-gold tower, the Khajiit tower, all have fallen to the Thalmor or Martin Septim. The Throat of the World is the only thing standing between the Thalmor and the stopping of the wheel. Their goal is to go back to Padhome and Anu, back to the the time before time, "before" Akatosh existed, leaving the godhead with naught but chaos and order forever in perfect balance to dream about.

My favorite part about all that is that Paarthurnax is right--maybe this is the start of a new kalpa. Maybe the Dragonborn should just let Alduin destroy the world.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: April 06, 2012, 09:18:44 pm »

In a perfect world, you would have the option to walk to the Aldmeri dominion and destroy it in a massive campaign. Or, if you're a power gamer (I naturally sort of powergame) just walk up and decapitate the Highest High Elf and watch the Dominion crumble. Kicking it here and there to make sure it goes down all the way.

But we don't have the disk space.

ALL HAIL DISK 2!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #5942 on: April 06, 2012, 09:23:10 pm »

I would have liked a Fallout:NV sized set of endings, with lots of choices having effects.

Extra amusing idea: have the ending 'slideshow' narrated by the Deadric Prince that your actions most aligned with.

EVERYONE would go for the Sheogorath ending.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: April 06, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »

Oh, I just remembered something. The Aldmeri dominion is going to win. This isn't conjecture.

At least, as far as I understand this

(Note: Above text by Michael Kirkbride. He wrote much of Morrowind. He didn't write for anything other than the books in Oblivion and Skyrim. Now, which of the three has the better world building? Yeah, I thought so :P)

(Also, don't say that his out-of-game writings are non-canon. One of them, From The Many-Headed Talos, is quoted directly in Skyrim by Heimskr)

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: April 06, 2012, 11:16:54 pm »

Can anyone give me a link to Wars in Skyrim? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: April 06, 2012, 11:31:40 pm »

WIS is dead. The author removed the file and requested his profile be locked, according to an admin.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/640102-wars-in-skyrim/
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: April 06, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »

Are there any similar mods that are good? I'm rebuilding my mods list from scratch.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: April 06, 2012, 11:55:56 pm »

ALL HAIL DISK 2!
PC master race all day every day.
I still have my ten disks of Baldur's Gate.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: April 06, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »

Damn.  I think I have Wars in Skyrim loaded in my game, currently.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: April 07, 2012, 01:04:06 am »

Damn indeed. I liked the chaos caused by random superpowered baddies spawning anywhere they pleased :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: April 07, 2012, 01:10:39 am »

Are there any similar mods that are good? I'm rebuilding my mods list from scratch.
I haven't tried WIS before it got removed, but I suppose WARZONES - Civil Unrest is similar.

The only problem I have with it so far is that the author CAPITALIZES random WORDS for NO reason.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: April 07, 2012, 01:36:49 am »

Damn indeed. I liked the chaos caused by random superpowered baddies spawning anywhere they pleased :P

Well... I still have the file.  I keep the archive of every mod I download to make it easy to wipe and reconfigure or for situations like this.  Maybe I could upload it somewhere if people want.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: April 07, 2012, 01:39:12 am »

The only problem I have with it so far is that the author CAPITALIZES random WORDS for NO reason.
It's just a posting style.
As I recall what little ingame text it actually needs isn't done like that.
WiS made way too many changes for its own good -- Alex never did get the strings working properly, so you'd have an English game and then suddenly find an item or two in Italian and have no idea what was going on.
Warzones is better, for what it does -- it is certifiably not as wide-ranging as WiS, but to a large extent the sheer amount of stuff he tried to make WiS do is exactly why it failed.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: April 07, 2012, 03:15:00 am »

Ah, so that is where those italian items were coming from...

I have my copy too Salmon, I just know it wont be updated and/or become incompatible with a bethpatch.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: April 07, 2012, 03:32:09 am »

they believe

Oh, no, it's much worse than that. It's what will actually happen. Skyrim contains the last of the towers, the Throat of the World. The adamantine tower, the white-gold tower, the Khajiit tower, all have fallen to the Thalmor or Martin Septim. The Throat of the World is the only thing standing between the Thalmor and the stopping of the wheel. Their goal is to go back to Padhome and Anu, back to the the time before time, "before" Akatosh existed, leaving the godhead with naught but chaos and order forever in perfect balance to dream about.

My favorite part about all that is that Paarthurnax is right--maybe this is the start of a new kalpa. Maybe the Dragonborn should just let Alduin destroy the world.

Nah. There's no guarantee destroying the towers would undo the world, which is what they want. Destroy the world, sure, but regardless of how many pieces you break a glass bottle into it won't turn it back into sand again. Oh, and then there's still the Tsaesci, and possible towers in Akavir we don't know about.

Really, the only way for them to win was if Alduin actually ate the world again, then it really would start over.

Also the time of just P and A is too early for what they want. They wish to be gods again, not undo their godhood as well.

Oh, I just remembered something. The Aldmeri dominion is going to win. This isn't conjecture.

At least, as far as I understand this

I don't see how that means the elves won, seeming as everything in that story hinges on the world still existing.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 896