Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558687 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6225 on: June 05, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »

Or maybe just a transcription error/misunderstanding on the part of the news site I got that from.
It's FEF, not FEOF

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11:57 pm »

What? No. Oblivion is as well defined as can be. It's the void that the Daedric and Aedric realms/plane(t)s reside in. It's beyond the Mundus/Creation, and beyond Oblivion in turn lies Aetherius. If the planes/realms are eggs floating in water, then Oblivion is the water. Except it's an unending expanse of nothing instead of liquid.
Hate to be nitpicky here, but what kind of eggs do you have that float in water?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »

blackmage, you add salt into the water making the water more dense so the egg will become "lighter" than the mass of the water it displaces.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: June 05, 2012, 10:31:42 pm »

Huh. Never tried it before.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: June 05, 2012, 10:41:23 pm »

That's why you can't drown in the Dead Sea. :)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »

You can drown without sinking, you know.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: June 05, 2012, 10:56:54 pm »

dihydrogen monoxide can be deadly in amounts as small as a thimbleful!

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: June 05, 2012, 11:04:35 pm »

dihydrogen monoxide can be deadly in amounts as small as a thimbleful!
That's why I keep away from the stuff.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: June 06, 2012, 05:05:46 am »

Dawnguard's release date is tentatively scheduled for June 26?

On one hand, that's good, because I wouldn't have to wait long to play it. On the other hand, Bethesda is well known for not ironing out bugs or such.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: June 06, 2012, 06:29:32 am »

Nothing in that quote says anything about Oblivion being a bowl of water. Or a bowl of space, or a bowl of anything. It does not support what you said, just because you claim it does. Does not state that Oblivion is an area, volume or some other kind of container, anymore than a herd of animals is a bucket (or any other facsimile) full of animals.

Look up "collective term".

If you want to support what you said, provide a link or something that actually supports what you said.

You do understand that it was an analogue, right? A simplified imagery used to help explain and understand a complicated concept. I never claimed it was an actual bowl (though the Tsaesci would definitely claim they are actual eggs). If one was to describe it as a "herd of animals", Oblivion would not just be the group of animals but the intangible socio-biological concepts and bonds holding them together. Oblivion is the void between the Planes of Oblivion. They belong to the "area" Oblivion, but Oblivion is not a Daedric plane in itself like they are planes (though it can be called a "plane" in the context of simply differentiating between the Mundus/Oblivon/Aetherius, but that is in another context than how it was used) - which is exactly what I originally protested against and what the DLC text claimed.
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6235 on: June 06, 2012, 06:39:04 am »

You do understand that it was an analogue, right?
Analogy*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: June 06, 2012, 06:49:46 am »

On one hand, that's good, because I wouldn't have to wait long to play it. On the other hand, Bethesda is well known for not ironing out bugs or such.
FoR the XBox people or the non XBox people?
It's FEF, not FEOF

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6237 on: June 06, 2012, 06:53:49 am »

People still play this on xbox?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: June 06, 2012, 06:56:50 am »

Checking other sources, it seems they'll release it for the Xbox first, then release it for the PS3 and PC a 30 or so days.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: June 06, 2012, 11:00:14 pm »

Nothing in that quote says anything about Oblivion being a bowl of water. Or a bowl of space, or a bowl of anything. It does not support what you said, just because you claim it does. Does not state that Oblivion is an area, volume or some other kind of container, anymore than a herd of animals is a bucket (or any other facsimile) full of animals.

Look up "collective term".

If you want to support what you said, provide a link or something that actually supports what you said.

You do understand that it was an analogue, right? A simplified imagery used to help explain and understand a complicated concept. I never claimed it was an actual bowl (though the Tsaesci would definitely claim they are actual eggs). If one was to describe it as a "herd of animals", Oblivion would not just be the group of animals but the intangible socio-biological concepts and bonds holding them together. Oblivion is the void between the Planes of Oblivion. They belong to the "area" Oblivion, but Oblivion is not a Daedric plane in itself like they are planes (though it can be called a "plane" in the context of simply differentiating between the Mundus/Oblivon/Aetherius, but that is in another context than how it was used) - which is exactly what I originally protested against and what the DLC text claimed.

Well, thanks for proving my point, that Oblivion isn't well defined at all.

The analogy would be that Oblivion is a thing. And that it contains other things.

My quote shows that Oblivion is not a thing. It's a collective noun of other things.

You can't have a herd without the animals. The animals ARE the herd. The planes ARE Oblivion. They're not floating in it or anything.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:02:07 pm by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 896