Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550036 times)

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7245 on: October 28, 2012, 05:26:04 am »

I didnt really play any class, I just killed stuff with everything, I got bored with vanilla, started modding and had to reinstall and start a new game because of save corruption, havent really got too far, been too busy trying to fix my visuals and now my audio. I got to scrounge up some good matching back speaks, buy some audio jacks and I got me diy 7.1 surround... using my sides as left/right till I get the jacks, they sound better as sides though, and you've not heard mind blowing sounds until you've got full surround.

I'd recommend at least getting a front center to trick your ears into thinking people on screen in front of you are actually talking.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43:33 am »

I didnt really play any class, I just killed stuff with everything, I got bored with vanilla, started modding and had to reinstall and start a new game because of save corruption, havent really got too far, been too busy trying to fix my visuals and now my audio. I got to scrounge up some good matching back speaks, buy some audio jacks and I got me diy 7.1 surround... using my sides as left/right till I get the jacks, they sound better as sides though, and you've not heard mind blowing sounds until you've got full surround.

I'd recommend at least getting a front center to trick your ears into thinking people on screen in front of you are actually talking.
Headphones. :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: October 28, 2012, 09:17:36 am »

You poor daft fool... tsk tsk tsk

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: October 28, 2012, 09:27:12 am »

So lastnight I dreamt some weird mash-up of the MLP episode where they climb a mountain to stop a dragon from takings his nap there and the walk to Bleak Falls Barrow.  Then I woke up feeling completely rested after only 5 hours of sleep.  That never happens, even after 14 hours.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7249 on: October 28, 2012, 09:39:45 am »

You poor daft fool... tsk tsk tsk
Eh? My headphones have amazing sound quality.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: October 28, 2012, 09:49:56 am »

So lastnight I dreamt some weird mash-up of the MLP episode where they climb a mountain to stop a dragon from takings his nap there and the walk to Bleak Falls Barrow.  Then I woke up feeling completely rested after only 5 hours of sleep.  That never happens, even after 14 hours.

wait wut?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: October 28, 2012, 09:52:56 am »

There is one mod that was incredibly usefull tough, but i can't find it anymore. It added roads to your world map.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7252 on: October 28, 2012, 09:54:03 am »

There is one mod that was incredibly usefull tough, but i can't find it anymore. It added roads to your world map.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4929

literally I just googled skyrim map with roads

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: October 28, 2012, 10:53:21 am »

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4929

literally I just googled skyrim map with roads
I just searched the steam workshop and skyrim nexus individually.
Thanks anyway.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: October 28, 2012, 10:56:35 am »

how useful is PISE now that the cobstruction set came out?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: October 28, 2012, 11:31:14 am »

wait wut?

My thoughts exactly.

So I recorded most of my gameplay from the walk from Whiterun to Bleak Falls Barrow up to killing my first dragon.  It's something like two hours.  Only 1280x800, though, because I don't have a ton of hard drive space for recording.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: October 28, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »

I believe it was replaced with ASIS, unless my memory fails me.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #7257 on: October 28, 2012, 11:48:09 pm »

To me, roads are just another texture.

... think a mod where walking off-road drains stamina or such is feasable?

something like setting every non-road outdoor texture as a silent 'trap' with a small drain effect... to simulate slogging through mud and rough terrain.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: October 29, 2012, 12:03:31 am »

Considering the size of the map, you'd probably be better off doing it in reverse.  Give the player a perma-curse that drains stamina, and make roads exempt from it somehow.  Of course you get the issue then, that any player off the road can never do anything due to zero stamina.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #7259 on: October 29, 2012, 12:06:05 am »

Pretty sure the CS was already out ages ago? You're probably thinking of TES5edit.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 896