Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558657 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7845 on: December 28, 2012, 05:38:10 pm »

In the continuing line of Hearthfire nervewracking bugs and crashes, I came back from work and loaded up the game for some action and hopefully kill my first mighty dragon at some point.

Continue game.

"This save has content that is no longer there? Continue?"
- Wat? I didn't change anything since the last time.

Load. Crashes immediately.

Try the same thing, crashes again. Load a previous save. It's fine, but all my nice monster trophy mannequins have been replaced by the stupid normal armour-eating ones, except the werewolf one I was talking about earlier. I load a more recent save. Now I see this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116453353

Sigh...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: December 28, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »

Record it and put it up on Youtube.
This sounds entertainingly terrifying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: December 28, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »

Something tells me that's not a room to blink in.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: December 28, 2012, 07:25:42 pm »

Oh for f-...

I give up. Seriously. These Hearthfire houses are so broken beyond belief for me. Neverending crashes. And once again I crash every single time I enter.

Edit: Great, now there's also werewolf mannequins sticking out of my house. It's like they're slowly corrupting my entire game.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: December 28, 2012, 07:35:15 pm »

PurgeUninstall the DLC?  You'll obviously lose your investments...

Load the game
Play on?  Or...
Wait about 30 seconds
Save and Exit
Turn Mod back on
Load the game

See if that works?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: December 28, 2012, 07:39:42 pm »

I don't really want to. All my stuff is in there, along with companions, kids, and wife. Literally all I have on me is the assassin's guild armour and a knife. I should have taken them out and deleted the DLC but I thought it was fixed. This time I really have no clue why it's completely broken.

Edit: I guess I can console command summon them and purge the DLC. Then console command in all my items back.

Edit edit: Realized I probably had enough Skyrim for awhile, especially since I spent the past 2 - 3 days just debugging it. Will leave it on the backburner for now. Not a particularly big deal since I've finished the whole thing before.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: December 28, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »

Yea, bugs like this can really be an interest killer...

Also: "Oh no! umiman's house is on fire!  All his friends, family and stuff are stuck inside!"

Edit: Blargh, lost a second horse, 1st to a sabretooth kitty and the 2nd to a fire spamming witch before I could dismount.   I cannot afford another horse, if I want to buy my first house.... Anytime soon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:06:29 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: December 29, 2012, 04:14:41 am »

You could always do the Assassin's guild quests for a nearly immortal horse. Or get this horse: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8939 The Hearthfire horses are also technically immortal.

Turns out that all the crashes weren't limited to just me. It's pretty common for anyone who owns the Falkreath Hearthfire house. Bethesda themselves haven't fixed it yet. Apparently the other two houses work fine.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: December 29, 2012, 01:36:32 pm »

falkreath is fine for me, cept for that one spot on the stairs outside that lets me fall through

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: December 29, 2012, 02:00:51 pm »

falkreath is fine for me, cept for that one spot on the stairs outside that lets me fall through
Watch out for that step, it's a doozy!

Seriously though, that's just the first sign.  I'm betting it'll get worse eventually.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: December 29, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »

What we really need is some damn mods for Hearthfire, i mean, combine that with Tundra Defense and holy shit you got yourself a winner.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: December 29, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »

What does Hearthfire do that mods don't anyways?  Other then being official and fancy?  I'm still playing the game non-DLC... and pretty glad that most popular mods do not require any of the DLC...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: December 29, 2012, 09:18:21 pm »

This seems like a good place to ask. My browser won't let me go on the ES wiki, for whatever reason, so I bring the question here. How do you cure the "rockjoint" disease? If it matters, I'm an Argonian.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: December 29, 2012, 09:19:36 pm »

Potion of cure disease.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: December 29, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »

This seems like a good place to ask. My browser won't let me go on the ES wiki, for whatever reason, so I bring the question here. How do you cure the "rockjoint" disease? If it matters, I'm an Argonian.
Drink a potion of cure disease or visit the shrine of any Divine to do it for free.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 896