Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558659 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8550 on: March 23, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

i just don't know what you are doing wrong man, maybe you aren't destine to play with mods?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: March 23, 2013, 05:35:18 pm »

Installing mods is one of the easiest processes ever, I have no idea how you'd screw it up, especially considering NMM is there to do all the drag and droppin' for ya.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: March 23, 2013, 05:44:32 pm »

OK, the game is purposely trolling the fuck out of me. I've tried something else to see if I can get skyre to work, but it seems I accidentally brought up console commands.

Alrite now. I am seriously not belittling you here, but that is like breaking your arm while trying to peel a banana. Why don't you go ahead and put up your system specs, such as OS etc. If you have changed nothing else in Skyrim, then it swhould be simple. If you've changed something, then, well....

All you should need to do for almost any mod is take the file and drop it into the proper folder, then enable the mod when you start Skyrim.

We are happy to help, especially if you are new to using mods in games. It can be confusing at first  :)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: March 23, 2013, 10:23:48 pm »

Data Files grayed out? (make sure to change the .ini in your game folder AND your %username%/documents/my games/skyrim)
---------------------------------
Go to: Drive Letter:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Skyr­im\SkyrimPrefs.ini

For those who don't have bought the game on steam, the SkyrimPrefs.ini file is located in Drive Letter:\Users\"USERNAME"\Documents\My Games\Skyrim

Add these lines, or change them if they already exist so they match the below:
[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1

If that fails:
Go to: Drive Letter:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\S­kyrim
Make the Skyrim folder un-read only.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: March 23, 2013, 10:39:25 pm »

OK, the game is purposely trolling the fuck out of me. I've tried something else to see if I can get skyre to work, but it seems I accidentally brought up console commands.

And it refuses to exit. No matter what.

Fuck skyrim, fuck mods, fuck this waste of money buying skyrim for the PC has turned out to be. The mods refuse to work, and all it's done thus far is utterly piss me off!

This is a probably stupid question, but... did you enable the mod flies in the data menu of the launcher?
You have to activate them?

Fuck. Fuck fucking fucker fucks.

How?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/modmanager
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1840

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: March 23, 2013, 10:44:05 pm »

Try upd00ting the NMM? It's got a lot of bugfixes in the newest release.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: March 24, 2013, 04:30:08 am »

Hey guys. Skipped through about five hundred pages, but I think that's a reasonable amount.
Does anyone know if the plural of 'Dragonborn' is 'Dragonborns'? Because, in the live-action trailer, one of the lyrics is 'You'll know, you'll know, the Dragonborns come...'. That contradicts the whole 'The wheel shall turn on the Last Dragonborn...' thing, so I was thinking that 'Last Dragonborn' could be plural as well.

Although, if people want the Dragonborn to get his whole empire and stuff, and have descendants, that might be what Hearthfire's for. Because adopted children would have the throne, so all the empires would be Nordic.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: March 24, 2013, 05:18:06 am »

It's actually "the Dragonborn's come.", which is saying that the "Dragonborn has come".
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #8558 on: March 24, 2013, 09:58:10 am »

It's actually a common cry of the women of the cities that Dragonborn visit, popularised by Tiber Septim himself in a proud tradition that his descendants and lineage carried on until the end of the 3rd Era.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: March 24, 2013, 12:16:09 pm »

And it refuses to exit. No matter what.

Fuck skyrim, fuck mods, fuck this waste of money buying skyrim for the PC has turned out to be. The mods refuse to work, and all it's done thus far is utterly piss me off!

This is a probably stupid question, but... did you enable the mod flies in the data menu of the launcher?
You have to activate them?

Fuck. Fuck fucking fucker fucks.

How?
In the launcher there is a "DATA" option. Click that. There should now be a list of files. Find SkyRe(and any others you want) and check the boxes besides them. Then close the DATA menu and play.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: March 26, 2013, 02:33:39 pm »

ESO news: one member of the UESP did a report on what was shown on PAX East. Apparently the game devs are using UESP itself a source of lore for the game. There are links to videos of it at the bottom.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: March 26, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »

ESO news: one member of the UESP did a report on what was shown on PAX East. Apparently the game devs are using UESP itself a source of lore for the game. There are links to videos of it at the bottom.
most of the original lore books were based on college level short stories.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: March 26, 2013, 04:51:22 pm »

Compared to Call of Duty, which is based on one elementary school level short story. :V

Anyhoo, signed up for ESO beta. Thoughts? I'm wondering if it might genuinely not suck...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: March 26, 2013, 04:56:40 pm »

Anyhoo, signed up for ESO beta. Thoughts? I'm wondering if it might genuinely not suck...

I read this and my expectations are not high...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: March 26, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »

Consider that UESP is maintained by fans(fanatics?) and that a bunch of the people working on the games probably is just corporate codemonkeys, Why not?

I read this and my expectations are not high...

"TESO doesn't try for that. Its world has an empty vibe to it, with very little interaction density and quest-givers just sitting around holding out for a hero."
How is that a comparative complaint? Oblivion and Skyrim is the same.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:04:13 pm by Ivefan »
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 896