Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550021 times)

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8640 on: April 04, 2013, 04:31:02 pm »

If someone haven't played it yet - he have to try it! It's the best RPG. Especially for someone who like fantasy games with open world.

You're cute.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: April 04, 2013, 04:57:24 pm »

Bro, play Morrowind. And SimCity 4.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:10 pm »

I gotta utter the Supreme Heresy here and say that as much fun as Morrowind was, I like Skyrim better. Although, that's probably not fair - I'm way more interested in modding now than I was last time I played Morrowind.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: April 04, 2013, 08:23:23 pm »

I definitely recommend playing Morrowind with the latest community bugfix and a graphics overhaul. It helps make up for some of the oldness. Even against modded Morrowind, Skyrim benefits from being made on modern technology. However, i can't help but feel Skyrim could be twice the game it is if it had some of the big features that have been cut out since Morrowind.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:41 pm »

I definitely recommend playing Morrowind with the latest community bugfix and a graphics overhaul. It helps make up for some of the oldness. Even against modded Morrowind, Skyrim benefits from being made on modern technology. However, i can't help but feel Skyrim could be twice the game it is if it had some of the big features that have been cut out since Morrowind.
All of my this.
As a wizard, why am I picking locks when 200 some years ago they had a series of spells that did it for me? And I miss spellmaking. And Morrowind's wide open enchantment system... but Skyrim's spell casting system is more dynamically fun...

Fighting with a sword and fighting with a mace and fighting with an axe are absolutely not the same skill, and should not be. But I love the fact I can build my own now. A perk that eliminates the weight of your armor means there's absolutely no reason to ever use light armor, what with muffle (perk and enchantment) to quiet it down. No downside to heavy armor at all.

Just bring back the skills and stats they cut from the series, rethink the perks, and the game would be perfect. Also actual spears.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: April 04, 2013, 10:10:18 pm »

Morrowind is still not really stable, but with the MOSG (Morrowind overhaul), it's great (and less eye-burning).

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:31 pm »

Wait, wait, wait! By "latest," do we mean "recent..?"

IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR ME TO RETURN TO MY COMPANION MOD?!?!?!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: April 05, 2013, 12:15:09 am »

All of my this.
As a wizard, why am I picking locks when 200 some years ago they had a series of spells that did it for me? And I miss spellmaking. And Morrowind's wide open enchantment system... but Skyrim's spell casting system is more dynamically fun...

Fighting with a sword and fighting with a mace and fighting with an axe are absolutely not the same skill, and should not be. But I love the fact I can build my own now. A perk that eliminates the weight of your armor means there's absolutely no reason to ever use light armor, what with muffle (perk and enchantment) to quiet it down. No downside to heavy armor at all.

Just bring back the skills and stats they cut from the series, rethink the perks, and the game would be perfect. Also actual spears.
This. Also spell damage should scale with level or perk or something because otherwise mage battles turn into huge stretches of spamming spells at the enemy before running out of mana, running away, and repeating.
At least in my experiece.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: April 05, 2013, 01:07:14 am »

Never believe anything written by the Tribunal Temple, especially if it was allegedly penned by Vivec himself.

Writings which include the often-flouted concept of CHIM. Seriously, the only place it's mentioned is once in the sermons of a known false god.

And now there's the OpenMW project, which will reverse-engineer the game. They're basically building a new engine which can run off the same data that the original one does, only it's open source and thus infinitely more modable.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40:43 am »

Never believe anything written by the Tribunal Temple, especially if it was allegedly penned by Vivec himself.

Writings which include the often-flouted concept of CHIM. Seriously, the only place it's mentioned is once in the sermons of a known false god.

Bah! A bunch of politics. His powers were definitely divine in origin. He stole them fair and square. Calling him a false god is like calling Tiber Septim a false emperor because he got his empire by force.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: April 05, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »

Bah! A bunch of politics. His powers were definitely divine in origin. He stole them fair and square. Calling him a false god is like calling Tiber Septim a false emperor because he got his empire by force.

There is only one Azura, and Nerevar is Her Prophet!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: April 05, 2013, 05:29:31 pm »

My favorite part about Vivec was that everyone's like: Hey, Vivec is real and lives amongst us! In fact he lives in that temple thing! He sometimes goes for a stroll and buys fruit and stuff!

Then if you kill Vivec (the only way I could do it was to punch him to death) they're like: Of course you didn't kill him, gods are symbolic DUUUHH you can't kill an idea! Vivec is not real, he's just, like, a concept or sumthin'!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: April 06, 2013, 05:06:48 am »

There is only one Azura, and Nerevar is Her Prophet!

My god can beat up your god any day of the week. In fact, He has!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: April 06, 2013, 02:41:43 pm »

I somehow suspect that the forum RP's and other Kirkbride stuff not written in the games aren't canon.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: April 06, 2013, 03:03:39 pm »

The canonocity of everything not directly seen by the player in the main games (and Redguard) is debatable. We leave it at that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:11:35 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 896