Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558557 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9000 on: June 17, 2013, 08:19:36 pm »

Mind you, do the loop only once. 3709 unarmed damage feels a bit broken after a while.
Wait, what is this alchemy-enchanting loop?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: June 17, 2013, 08:34:56 pm »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: June 17, 2013, 10:20:00 pm »

It's a throwback to Morrowind :P

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: July 01, 2013, 03:36:50 pm »

Someone help me out here

A while ago I made this: http://hugoluman.deviantart.com/art/Thalmor-Inquisition-308671100

But now I've someone complaining in the comments that there are no parallels between the Thalmor and the Third Reich, and that the Thalmor are a just organization who's main goal is stopping Talos worship because of how evil men are and their great elven genocide.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: July 01, 2013, 03:40:03 pm »

So what kind of help do you expect? I mean... I can help you ignore the troll if you want, but I don't think it's going to make any difference.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: July 01, 2013, 03:42:40 pm »

Someone help me out here

A while ago I made this: http://hugoluman.deviantart.com/art/Thalmor-Inquisition-308671100

But now I've someone complaining in the comments that there are no parallels between the Thalmor and the Third Reich, and that the Thalmor are a just organization who's main goal is stopping Talos worship because of how evil men are and their great elven genocide.
No the Thalmor is a government faction from the Summerset Isles who's main goals is to destroy all Imperial influence from Tamriel. They blackmailed the Bosmer and the Khajit into joining their organization and pretty much almost wiped out most of human influence until the treaty. The Talos worship was a throw in for them and they would still screw everyone over with their Xenophobic views.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:09 pm »

Someone help me out here

No the Thalmor is a government faction from the Summerset Isles who's main goals is to destroy all Imperial influence from Tamriel. They blackmailed the Bosmer and the Khajit into joining their organization and pretty much almost wiped out most of human influence until the treaty. The Talos worship was a throw in for them and they would still screw everyone over with their Xenophobic views.

To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

To achieve this goal, we must:

1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: July 01, 2013, 04:13:41 pm »

Or in non-fancy terms kill everyone so the can ascend to a high plane of existence pretty much.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: July 01, 2013, 04:24:23 pm »

Or in non-fancy terms kill everyone so the can ascend to a high plane of existence pretty much.
Which is funny cause the dragons were killing anyone so THEY can take over the world.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: July 01, 2013, 04:32:14 pm »

I thought that the protagonists of the TES games were the ones killing everyone and becoming gods.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: July 01, 2013, 08:24:09 pm »

Quote from: BrightScale
I don't see how half of what you said is relevant, but ok. But remember, men also took argonian, khajiit, other men and sometimes elves as slaves. It was a two way thing.

And they are not 'quite obviously' related to nazis. Tell me one thing, which is the greater evil, stopping the worship of a man who fucked their race over and murdered Every. Elven. Royal. And considering yourself better than those who did it as we'll as taking slaves in a time where everyone took slaves, or taking over a continent forcefully, disbanding the government, killing off three races, killing the royal and Nobel families because they did not want to join the empire, and considering yourself better and taking slaves in a time where everyone took slaves.

I fail to see how the elves are the bad guys in this situation. Everyone fucked up. Yes, elves, men, pretty much the only clean people are the beast races. But all in all, elves got the short end of the stick, and are trying to right that now.

And however much Kirkbride helped, it was never officially used. So not actually credible.

I'm starting to think I'm dealing with some kind of Otherkin elf-lover here.

Entire conversation: http://comments.deviantart.com/1/308671100/3112019591
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:27:24 pm by HugoLuman »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »

"I fail to see how the elves are the bad guys in this situation"

haha okay

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:53 pm »

"I fail to see how the elves are the bad guys in this situation"

haha okay

To admit "Elves" are not the problem. This nation that is run overwhelmingly predominantly by elves is the problem.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: July 01, 2013, 10:19:47 pm »

Well, haven't played Skyrim in a while. So went ahead and made...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/261870/?

And before there is another discussion about it,. I find making characters and taking screenshots like artwork.

But I think this one came out really nice. :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 896