Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550140 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9105 on: July 20, 2013, 01:00:05 am »

Vivec was a disease, and deserved his death at the end of a spear.
Which spear?  ;)

My character's spear, particularly, which bore the twisted Vehk against the golden walls of his tomb. :P

He, was an Imperial become Nerevarine who "went native," won the hearts of the many people of Vvardenfell through inapproachable acts of heroism and selflessness, and deftly slew the False Three that the Dunmer could once again receive the gifts of Prince Azura, and walk freely that they might find the Path of the Nine.

Also un-jungling a place because he loves his army more than the billions of organisms that require all that to survive.

Have you ever visited a jungle? Those things suck. Besides, having been associated with the Ayleids, the whole ecosystem was probably just really elfy and needed a good spruce-up.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: July 20, 2013, 01:04:14 am »

If Tiber did it because Ayleids, why didn't he remove the Ayleid ruins?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: July 20, 2013, 01:10:17 am »

For the same reason that you pour flaming lava on elven emissaries, but don't bother to clean up all their corpses outside your gate.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: July 20, 2013, 02:34:26 am »

For the same reason that you pour flaming lava on elven emissaries, but don't bother to clean up all their corpses outside your gate.

Ah, aesthetics.

Have you ever visited a jungle? Those things suck. Besides, having been associated with the Ayleids, the whole ecosystem was probably just really elfy and needed a good spruce-up.

spruce-up.

Ugh, you suck(cculent)! >:( :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

MrPseeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: July 20, 2013, 09:37:56 am »

A bit off-topic, but if you like audio drama: somebody made a hilarious Skyrim one here .

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: July 20, 2013, 01:40:20 pm »

Here are some scenery screenshots of my modded Skyrim. And one random dragon screenshot. I was running out of Riverwood and he literally came out of nowhere lol.

If the screenshots/site don't load, it is because Nexus is under attack by someone who is probably angry at them.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266945/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266947/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266948/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266953/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266954/?
Here are three more screenshots of how my Skyrim looks. I need to upgrade my graphics card :P But its playable.

If the screenshots/site doesn't load, its because its under attack by some person(s) and so at times it gets really slow or doesn't load at all.

(really green :P) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/267523//?

(thought this was a nice area to take a screenshot, very pretty imo) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/267524/?

(my favorite village in Skyrim looks even more amazing :D) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/267525/?

You seriously need to turn down saturation. Well not "need to", it's a matter of taste. But it feels so over the top for me. So much it's hard to imagine anyone might think different. ;)
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: July 20, 2013, 05:01:03 pm »

I liked the saturation. If possible you should add more to the saturation spider.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: July 20, 2013, 11:07:38 pm »

Well, the mod is going for a mythical fantasy approach than realism. What that has to do with saturation, dunno...maybe nothing. But I think that is part of the mythical enchanted theme the mod has going on. Though, in some areas it actually looks rather real (at least to me). Like the one of Riverwood and the mill looks amazing and could be real. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say ;P People see things differently than someone else, plus monitor settings and all that. Personally, I like the more saturated look for more of a mythical/enchanted kind of theme. Its better than the dull grey colors of the regular game (in my opinion, always gotta add that these days or its taken for fact) :P

I'll take some night screenshots. I saw screenshots of the mod at night and it looks amazing. At least to me. I'll put them up sometime next week for you guys to judge. But honestly, probably won't change anything with the settings...since I personally like them how they are. Thats what really counts. And if others like it great, if not, well, everyone likes different stuff :)

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: July 20, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »

Well here are some of my screenshots.  Admittedly, I took them before I dropped the texture detail down to medium, as it was a bit to laggy at high.  Though medium barely looks any worse.

PRE-POST EDIT: Well, on second thought the screenshots look oddly effed up.  Can changing your FOV from the default cause that?

And I seem to have fixed all but one bug.  I had a few random CTDs, but I guess throwing Skyrim in Windows 7 Compatibility mode makes sense, as I'm on the Windows 8.1 Preview.  But I seem to be running into infinite load screens.  My frantic googling suggested a workaround of changing the ini to allow 360 degree rotation of the map, and then to zoom in around your location before exiting to the main world, and rotate the map 360 degrees.  And surprisingly it does work.  But I think I'm going to try cut out some mods with high levels of detail, because apparently they are a prime cause for it, other than the other mods that sometimes cause it which I tried to cutting out with no results.

*sigh*  I really need to build a desktop.  But that won't happen at least until I manage to get an internship over the summer...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: July 20, 2013, 11:54:58 pm »

Well here are some of my screenshots.  Admittedly, I took them before I dropped the texture detail down to medium, as it was a bit to laggy at high.  Though medium barely looks any worse.

PRE-POST EDIT: Well, on second thought the screenshots look oddly effed up.  Can changing your FOV from the default cause that?

And I seem to have fixed all but one bug.  I had a few random CTDs, but I guess throwing Skyrim in Windows 7 Compatibility mode makes sense, as I'm on the Windows 8.1 Preview.  But I seem to be running into infinite load screens.  My frantic googling suggested a workaround of changing the ini to allow 360 degree rotation of the map, and then to zoom in around your location before exiting to the main world, and rotate the map 360 degrees.  And surprisingly it does work.  But I think I'm going to try cut out some mods with high levels of detail, because apparently they are a prime cause for it, other than the other mods that sometimes cause it which I tried to cutting out with no results.

*sigh*  I really need to build a desktop.  But that won't happen at least until I manage to get an internship over the summer...

I have my FOV set to 85 and no bugs minus the occasional clipping through walls if moving camera to right angle.

And FOR THOSE WITH INFINITE LOAD SCREENS...I FOUND A FIX :D...and that was caps of excitement not rage or screaming :P

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/945533-skyrim-infinite-loading-screen/

Look at post 3. That fixed it for me. That even fixed my random ctds I had in the world. That in fact fixed 90% of my ctds. Not just load screens but fixed the entire game lol.

Just make sure to save in interiors. Doesn't help if you save in exteriors and get infinite load screens when trying to load the save :P

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:57:10 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: July 21, 2013, 01:52:58 am »

Finished my playthrough. Time for the next one! :D

Which means full reinstall of the game and doing the newest STEP, among downloading other mods.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: July 21, 2013, 09:45:18 am »

I have my FOV set to 85 and no bugs minus the occasional clipping through walls if moving camera to right angle.

And FOR THOSE WITH INFINITE LOAD SCREENS...I FOUND A FIX :D...and that was caps of excitement not rage or screaming :P

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/945533-skyrim-infinite-loading-screen/

Look at post 3. That fixed it for me. That even fixed my random ctds I had in the world. That in fact fixed 90% of my ctds. Not just load screens but fixed the entire game lol.

Just make sure to save in interiors. Doesn't help if you save in exteriors and get infinite load screens when trying to load the save :P

Yep, that's what I've been doing, and it's amazing it works.

I never got automatic variants working myself.

I still have to reach a point on a character where I run into animals to test it, which won't come until tomorrow because I need sleep.  But the game didn't crash on startup, which is promising.  Hopefully it will work and not crash, unlike my disastrous attempts to get ASIS working.
yeah i got it to 'not crash' but the animals never showed variants.

Did you have any other SkyProc based patchers that you needed to run, in addition to the Automatic Variants (such as the SkyRe ReProccer, or the Dual Wields Redux Patcher).  Apparently having multiple can lead to problems unless you use SUM.  Apparently multiple can lead to circular patching, and never being able to quite make things work.

Or, you might have made the same mistake I did with the SkyRe ReProccer, and didn't read directions.  It wasn't until I was installing all the STEP stuff that I realized, "Wait, there's a JAR file I need to run so that all these other mods will be balanced against the vanilla SkyRe weapons and armor!  No wonder none of the Immersive Weapons or Armors were ever worth using!"

Yeah, I can sometimes overlook the blindingly obvious.  And apparently Chrome doesn't think "immersive" is a word.

EDIT: ^ Like the blindingly obvious fact that the reason the screenshot looked off was because it was large enough I needed to scroll it. *facepalm*

So here are my screenshots.  Guess which one was taken with medium textures!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:20:56 pm by Mistercheif »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: July 21, 2013, 06:14:16 pm »

You seriously need to turn down saturation. Well not "need to", it's a matter of taste. But it feels so over the top for me. So much it's hard to imagine anyone might think different. ;)
Actually, going by my experience with going outside, that's what it looks like, if maybe a little less yellow in places.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: July 21, 2013, 06:50:42 pm »

Actually, going by my experience with going outside, that's what it looks like, if maybe a little less yellow in places.
What are you talking about everyone knows that the more brown and grey a thing has the more real it is. That's pretty much universal rule #001.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: July 21, 2013, 06:54:15 pm »

Pfft... real life is 100% lens flare. And every time you go outside you're blinded before impressive opening music sounds off, closely followed by "Achievement Unlocked". You guys should go outside more.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 896