Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558344 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9285 on: August 23, 2013, 09:44:27 am »

Took on Movarth's lair with "Better Vampires" installed.

Getting oneshot ain't fun.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: August 24, 2013, 11:23:59 am »

I managed to break Lydia in my attempts to get spells-on-a-dragon to work. The internet told me to reinstall with Dawnguard first. I decided to install that before I'd reinstalled Skyrim itself.

Apparently, Lydia was not pleased with my failure at file order, and called me skeever-butt in her best impression of a loudspeaker. I reinstalled with Skyrim first, and I'm saving the other packs until a bit later in the storyline.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9287 on: August 24, 2013, 11:52:39 am »

Wow, I managed to get skyrim working by deleting the local content, reinstalling, then verifying the cache several times. I don't know why it worked, but eventually it decided to download a file and it works great now. Played it for hours last night.

And all this with the same character and mods as I was using a while ago.

At this point I'm giving up on rationalism and I'm going with appeasing the machine spirits.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: August 24, 2013, 01:05:09 pm »

Now someone has to rip the Dalek meshes from that one New Vegas mod...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: August 24, 2013, 01:07:22 pm »

Going through Bleak Falls Barrow with my newly-started Nord guy. Turns out that a dagger and a shield can take on a Draugr with a battleaxe and win... With a bit of healing...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9290 on: August 25, 2013, 09:06:08 am »

I have a bunch of mods (perhaps I shouldn't, but I always end up doing this), I'll list them in order of lowest to highest priority:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a very long list, so I doubt that anyone will root through that if a mod is the problem. It'd be pretty nice though. I don't know what some of these mods actually do, I just looked at a recommended mods list.
I tried disabling SPERG, Deadly Dragons and both Skyrim Immersive Creatures mods because I think these may affect dragons but nothing changed.

Edit: Okay, I disabled every single mod except the official ones, the unofficial patches and SkyUI (Jesus Christ I had no idea this game had such an abysmal UI without this mod) but the problem still persists... :\
Could the problem be load order or something? I don't know anything about that.

If that list is the same as your load order I can see numerous problems.

Dragonborn doesn't appear in that list at all. Did you copy this manually? It would be better to copy the list from plugins.txt located in [User]/AppData/Local/Skyrim
You have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch loading after the Unofficial DLC patches, which will cause errors and may be one of the roots of your problem.
You have the unofficial DLC patches loading after mods that make other alterations to DLC content, this will likely cause errors.
Warzones ceased development mid way through last year and is out of date with the base game causing crashes.

One thing to note, many of the larger mods make changes that get saved into the savefile and stay there even if you disable the mod. The only way to be completely sure that something works or that a problem is being caused by a disabled mod, is to run a new game without the disabled mods.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: August 25, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »

Apparently, the Greybeards are rather dumb. Whirlwind Sprint it going through a gate by warping reality with the language of ancient and powerful beings, and is completely different from running through it like an average elf would.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: August 25, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »

Apparently, the Greybeards are rather dumb. Whirlwind Sprint it going through a gate by warping reality with the language of ancient and powerful beings, and is completely different from running through it like an average elf would.

haha, I noticed. You can just... run through the gate, and they'll be like "GOOD YOUR SHOUTS ARE QUITE POWERFUL".

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: August 25, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »

haha, I noticed. You can just... run through the gate, and they'll be like "GOOD YOUR SHOUTS ARE QUITE POWERFUL".
"Yeah, I'm so good at Shouts that I don't even have to speak, I just glare at reality until it listens."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: August 25, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »

Quote from: Flannigus, 20 June 2006
Here's one you probably won't want to answer: The Digital House and the digitals from the Loveletter from the Fifth Era.

Feel free to toss in any tidbits about House Sul Progenitor House and C0DA while you're at it.

Quote from: Michael Kirkbride
MK: 7 years later, I totally want to answer it. Here comes Landfall.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: August 25, 2013, 04:51:33 pm »

That future stuff by Kirkbride is just downright surreal.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: August 25, 2013, 04:59:39 pm »

Definitely, and I'm looking forward to more next week :D

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: August 25, 2013, 05:27:19 pm »

Is that with a mod or something? Because unless I was being a total tool, you have to stand quite a distance away from the gate, too far to run to in time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: August 25, 2013, 05:58:59 pm »

Yeah, I think so. Don't remember the exact method.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: August 26, 2013, 04:58:17 am »

You just run as soon as the guy says the gate-opening word. The armour might affect it, too. I was in leather.
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 896