Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550122 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10350 on: February 03, 2014, 02:19:56 pm »

I think Morrowind was the most Dwemer-centered game we're going to get.

Which reminds me: what did Dagoth Ur/That one dragon priest do when the protagonist of Arena invaded their respective lairs? You go to Dagoth Ur and Saarthal in that game, yet in more detailed games each seems relatively untouched.

Dagoth Ur was still dormant when Talin entered Dagoth-Ur, I think. I assume Talin just didn't go to where Morokei is while s/he was in Labyrinthian.
But didn't Dagoth Ur wake up some time in the second era? If he was already awake, it might explain why Jagar Tharn didn't try to get at the Heart. Maybe he convinced the Sharmat to let him hide the staff piece there as a sort of "enemy of my enemy" deal.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »

I started a new game using Live Another Life mod and started in Solitude. I need a hireling to survive any of the quests nearby so I went to the inn and tried to hire Belrand, but it wont let me, it keeps saying i dont have enough gold. Is there some kind of lvl minimum to hire him and/or other hirelings?
Try walking outside the city, harvest everything you can and sell them for gold.
I think there are plants inside the city as well.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: February 03, 2014, 05:34:00 pm »

Could you though? I'm likely never going to get Morrowind, so I'll never know.
Read at your own risk
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: February 03, 2014, 07:01:57 pm »

Wait.... why are they so big? Is that a hidden vanilla "fuck you" thing or is this a mod?oops wrong thread

Some of those sources seem kind of odd. Did he literally just cite some random person in some Telvanni place?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:04:52 pm by HugoLuman »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: February 03, 2014, 07:07:12 pm »

Wait.... why are they so big? Is that a hidden vanilla "fuck you" thing or is this a mod?oops wrong thread

Some of those sources seem kind of odd. Did he literally just cite some random person in some Telvanni place?
The quoted Telvanni is THE dwemer scholar in the game. In fact, you need him to complete Trebonius' quest in the first place.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: February 03, 2014, 07:09:55 pm »

A lot of them were NPCs and books found throughout the game.  I remember the names, just none of the lore.  My Morrowind experience was noclipping (read infinite levitation because you can) and flying around trying to find quest characters.  I was 13 and wanted to hit things with a stick.

Luckily we don't necessarily have to establish the credibility of these sources, since most NPCs (mostly scholars, unless you're trying to defame them) spout out facts that the developers gave them on little cheat sheets before you walked into the room.  The developers will hide in the nearest shrubbery and make sure that the NPC says exactly what's on the sheet, otherwise they get sent off for debugging.

The quoted Telvanni is THE dwemer scholar in the game. In fact, you need him to complete Trebonius' quest in the first place.

Also, this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: February 03, 2014, 07:13:12 pm »

He's in Gnisis, living in his own tower. There are no less than 4 quests involving him, half of which are about asking him about the Dwemer. He also gives you a quest, which is to get books on the Dwemer for him.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: February 03, 2014, 07:27:17 pm »

It's this Xal guy I find suspicious. I know he's played by Michael Kirkbride in a forum RP, but I can't find anything on the character's in-universe credentials.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: February 03, 2014, 07:28:08 pm »

Looking at the quality of those books (seemingly written by 1300s church naturalists) I wouldn't be surprised if reading them made you know less about Dwemer.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: February 03, 2014, 07:30:12 pm »

i was playing as vegeta just yesterday believe it or not

punch that draugr deathlord yeah!!!!!
Pics or it didn't happen.

... also the mods involved
Spoiler: pics (click to show/hide)

This is him right before punching a mammoth and a guar to death then ki blasting 2 giants and 2 mammoths right after to death.

It's this mod, which I wouldn't really recommend. Unupdated, old, the only way to get most of the stuff in-game is through the console...

Pfffft, my High Elf chick just punched two armies to death today. Go look at Stupidly Survivalist Skyrim, shit be wack yo.

Also for those complaining about the clipping thing, I hesitate to remark that Fable 2 and 3 did pretty ok with the "can't quite use weapons when standing right next to a wall" I'm no expert, but they seemed to be using the standard animations but having them either stop in the middle if a wall was nearby or having a separate "wall" animation.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: February 04, 2014, 06:57:02 am »

I wish there was an Elder Scrolls game which allowed you to join rival factions of the existing guilds.
In oblivion, I always wanted to join the necromancers.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: February 04, 2014, 09:23:55 am »

I wish there was an Elder Scrolls game which allowed you to join rival factions of the existing guilds.
I wanted to become a proper necromancer in Morrowind. I also wanted to join Dagoth Ur and spent ages trying to figure out a combination of strikes (which at that point I was convinced existed) that make the Heart of Lorkhan (?) give me immortality.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:41 pm »

I wanted to become a proper necromancer in Morrowind. I also wanted to join Dagoth Ur and spent ages trying to figure out a combination of strikes (which at that point I was convinced existed) that make the Heart of Lorkhan (?) give me immortality.

With the except of immortality via Heart of Lorkhan, all of that has been modded with some finesse.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: February 04, 2014, 01:33:57 pm »

Plus, by the time you reach the heart, you're likely already immortal. Well, unaging anyway.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: February 04, 2014, 01:46:04 pm »

Plus, by the time you reach the heart, you're likely already immortal. Well, unaging anyway.
You have Corprus Disease, you are immortal now just not a walking rotting piece of cancer.
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 896