Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558949 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10410 on: February 08, 2014, 02:08:29 am »

That one ridiculous Sneak perk? Shadow Warrior or whatever it was?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10411 on: February 08, 2014, 11:14:38 am »

Running Imp's More Complex Needs when, after a couple hours of spelunking, I find that I've contracted the "you cannot eat while in combat" glitch. Apparently, something on the other side of Tamriel has hexed me, and intends to take it's black revenge by seeing that I die of thirst.

Does anyone remember the console command to disengage the PC from combat? "Stopcombat" doesn't seem to work without a target...

Possibly try "tcai" that toggles the combat ai.

a few others to try
"tai" toggles ai globally if you don't target it.
"tdetect" toggles ai being able to "see" you, so might work if it causes it to loose track of you.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: February 08, 2014, 12:43:04 pm »

Been playing more.

I have decided that I like SkyRe, even if I keep getting overencumbered.

Conjuration + Alteration = Robot/Skeleton army yaaay!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: February 08, 2014, 06:02:57 pm »

That's adorable. Try escaping from The Chill, the Winterhold Prison with Frostfall active. Try it, its fuckhard.
Live Another Life with frail High Elf necromancer start + several mods that make combat more brutal deadly interesting + SSS = OHK every time you try to leave sindarions lab. If you manage to distract and sprint past dwemer sphere (it's possible) falmer archers and that flying chaurus thingy can all OHK you too. And Blackreach isn't even particulary dangerous place...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: February 08, 2014, 08:38:17 pm »

That's adorable. Try escaping from The Chill, the Winterhold Prison with Frostfall active. Try it, its fuckhard.
Live Another Life with frail High Elf necromancer start + several mods that make combat more brutal deadly interesting + SSS = OHK every time you try to leave sindarions lab. If you manage to distract and sprint past dwemer sphere (it's possible) falmer archers and that flying chaurus thingy can all OHK you too. And Blackreach isn't even particulary dangerous place...
I've sent plenty of those Chaurus Hunters to Sithis... Nasty creatures.
Best part, ASIS adds even more of the little buggers. There are swarms of them.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #10415 on: February 09, 2014, 03:10:41 am »

It's been theorised that by "ate" the Tsaesci wasn't a literal eating, but that they had been either turned into a slave race or fully integrated into Tsaesci society.

The trick to dodging the Dwemer Sphere, I've found, is that the ingredients in that room can be mixed to create a Potion of Invisibility. Down that as soon as you leave, leg it to the elevator.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: February 09, 2014, 05:49:28 am »

Hey all...
After playing the depressing ESO game, I got the want to play the better Skyrim...
What are the main mods to go for nowdays???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10417 on: February 09, 2014, 06:22:00 am »

Hey all...
After playing the depressing ESO game, I got the want to play the better Skyrim...

Basically the top-rated/most-downloaded modes from the Nexus.
Better textures, city AI, dragon difficulty, sounds of Skyrim, stuff like that is basically just making the game Skyrim 2.0. There are a bunch of other mods that really change things up but I personally haven't touched them, opting instead for a kind of Vanilla+.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: February 09, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »

The trick to dodging the Dwemer Sphere, I've found, is that the ingredients in that room can be mixed to create a Potion of Invisibility. Down that as soon as you leave, leg it to the elevator.

I should have mentioned that I use Stealth Skills Rebalanced, so invisibility won't help you much as first step you take (including leaving the lab) will reveal you to the sphere.

Better plan would be:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get to the surface, where even the mudcrabs can OHK you and you start next to a possibly leathal encounter that can drift to your direction. Have fun with the werewolfs.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10419 on: February 09, 2014, 07:47:20 pm »

Hey all...

As the other guy said, check out the 'most endorsed' files over at Nexus. In particular, highlight 'Files' and click on 'Categories' in the context menu. Go through the first page of each of those and pick up what looks good.

I always personally recommend Duel and hitstop/recoil, though be sure to tweak the latter two before you give them up. Their default settings are extreme.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #10420 on: February 09, 2014, 07:57:38 pm »

I am playing with Skyrim Redone and I really like it. I get a greatly improved game in every way, and I dont have to try to cobble that together with a whole stack of mods.
I got nothing

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: February 09, 2014, 10:27:17 pm »

Well I normally make a Breton Mage, and well, there isn't really anything that makes magic fun to use other then those crazy or overpowered spells that come from things like Midius and such... Anyone got a suggestion on any mods that do better???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #10422 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:15 pm »

Well I normally make a Breton Mage, and well, there isn't really anything that makes magic fun to use other then those crazy or overpowered spells that come from things like Midius and such... Anyone got a suggestion on any mods that do better???

Uh yeah, read through that mod i posted above, Skyrim Redone. You could also look at Requiem for another overhaul mod. Both of these make a lot of changes tot he world that affect how magic works, and how it plays out due to all the other changes.

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim is pretty cool as a mod that just tampers with magic, it adds a lot of gameplay diversity. Works with Skyrim Redone as well.

I know a lot of folks say these overhauls chnage the game too much, but in my opinion this is exactly what Skyrim needed to be fun to me again. Combat is more engaging and magic is more versatile, having a good time with it.

Heres a link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286/?
I got nothing

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: February 09, 2014, 11:16:41 pm »

Uh yeah, read through that mod i posted above, Skyrim Redone. You could also look at Requiem for another overhaul mod. Both of these make a lot of changes tot he world that affect how magic works, and how it plays out due to all the other changes.

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim is pretty cool as a mod that just tampers with magic, it adds a lot of gameplay diversity. Works with Skyrim Redone as well.

I know a lot of folks say these overhauls chnage the game too much, but in my opinion this is exactly what Skyrim needed to be fun to me again. Combat is more engaging and magic is more versatile, having a good time with it.

People harp on SkyRe not because "it change evryting!" but because it makes pretty much every other mod incompatible.
Or so I hear, frankly I've seen a bunch of lets plays and such using it and plenty of the more "major" mods and they seem to work fine. I honestly don't know of anything I'm currently bothering to use that it would be incompatible with and I have a bunch of mods.

Sadly I can't add it, as I'm rather attached to a saved character, due to having an LP of my own, so I can't say for certain what it does/doesn't break.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: February 09, 2014, 11:50:45 pm »

People harp on SkyRe not because "it change evryting!" but because it makes pretty much every other mod incompatible.
Or so I hear, frankly I've seen a bunch of lets plays and such using it and plenty of the more "major" mods and they seem to work fine. I honestly don't know of anything I'm currently bothering to use that it would be incompatible with and I have a bunch of mods.

Sadly I can't add it, as I'm rather attached to a saved character, due to having an LP of my own, so I can't say for certain what it does/doesn't break.

Pretty much.  It has become much better with the ReProccer to adjust any item mods according to specific heuristics, but before that, it was a metric pain to track down compatibility mods for every single armor or weapon mods you wanted to add, along with anything that adjusted perks or any of a small host of things SkyRe also changed.  I've been using it with that huge list of mods I posted earlier in the thread, but even with it, I haven't had any major incompatibilities beyond certain perk trees.  The game's a bit more unstable, but that's probably not even SkyRe's fault, and a twitchy quick-save finger tends to help alleviate that issue.
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 896