Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558890 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10530 on: February 28, 2014, 09:56:53 am »

Some pretty nice mods popping up lately. Just checked nexus yesterday to see a mod that adds voice to your character and another that adds celebrations for Tamriel's holidays. Its nice seeing something other than Gorehound McGiantAxeModel, Babetacular Follower Pack #23 and Bigger Boobies Female Mesh Replacer on the front page.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: February 28, 2014, 12:34:41 pm »

I wasn't there for Numi-dum-dum. Does it bear any particularly striking resemblances to Hobbes' analogy, or could we just as well say that about all golems or magic servitors ever..?
Hobbes' analogy doesn't apply to robots/golems in general, he says that a State is like an artificial man composed of all the people within it, from the general populace to government officials to the sovereign ruler, likening each to the different parts of the body. One of the explanations for the Dwemer's disappearance was that they all got absorbed into the Numidium as the final phase of its construction. So in a sense, the Numidium is a giant artificial person composed of all the people of its nation.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: February 28, 2014, 01:13:48 pm »

I'm seriously tempted to reinstall Skyrim and start a new game with a fresh mod list. My last (and first) game was modded piecemeal over its lifetime resulting in the current broken trainwreck of a save file. That holiday mod sounds really quirky and fun, something that breathes some more life into the game, however little, is always a good thing.

Any particularly obscure mods people recommend? This is mostly for finding good mods that not many people use, since the big, popular ones are easy to find anyway.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: February 28, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »

Way of the Monk, if you want to be play unarmed.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: March 01, 2014, 04:08:55 pm »

I'm currently looking at ACE and SkyRe. Does anyone have experience with them enough to say what the big differences are? From what I understand, ACE plays a bit more nice with other mods than SkyRe does, but they seem to aim at doing roughly the same thing.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10535 on: March 01, 2014, 05:09:47 pm »

Pretty much what you've observed. I picked up ace and tried the modules, flipping off most of them in favor of other mods that do the same job better. Haven't tried skyre- I'm not a fan of giant overhauls.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: March 06, 2014, 02:14:12 pm »

SkyRe is sexy. Very very sexy.

It kinda makes everything better. Conjurers can construct their own legit undead armies, Healers can get a "Spirit Animal" that gives boosts to their attributes while its alive based on what the creature is, and there is a perk to make it permanent.

It has more types of weapon then sword, axe, mace, bigger version of each, and gives each new type some nice perks.

It adds a timed block system.

It makes every aspect of smithing increase the skill, and gives you recipes to melt down things.

It makes using Shouts increase your speech.

Its just all around BETTER.
And its compatible with most of the other big mods.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: March 06, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »

Y'know what's a very satisfying combination of mods? Royal Bloodlines, Better Vampires, Dragon Combat Overhaul and Deadly Dragons.

Y'know why?

Vampire Lord/Dragon dogfight in midair, and you don't even have to wait for them to land when you kill them! And you're at your most resistant to dragonfire when you're at your strongest, with blood-drinking!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: March 06, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »

Y'know what's a very satisfying combination of mods? Royal Bloodlines, Better Vampires, Dragon Combat Overhaul and Deadly Dragons.

Y'know why?

Vampire Lord/Dragon dogfight in midair, and you don't even have to wait for them to land when you kill them! And you're at your most resistant to dragonfire when you're at your strongest, with blood-drinking!
This, with a Dunmer. Also enchanting goodies that give you magicka absortion so you can recharge yourself from dragons breath attack. Unless it's lightning.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: March 06, 2014, 07:05:38 pm »

Y'know why?

I have those AND SkyRe! So I could dogfight the dragon in the skys while my skeleton army marches on the ground.

That needs to turn into a quest somehow.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: March 06, 2014, 07:25:37 pm »

So, I have a computer that can run significant moddery now. Is there anything of note besides whats in the OP and the just mentioned Vampires thing? I've got Dawnguard and Hearthfire.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: March 06, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »

So, I have a computer that can run significant moddery now. Is there anything of note besides whats in the OP and the just mentioned Vampires thing? I've got Dawnguard and Hearthfire.
My must-haves are those four previously mentioned plus SkyRe perks, Wyrmstooth and Thunderchild (shouting stuff to death is fun!). Can't go wrong with them.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10542 on: March 06, 2014, 08:43:14 pm »

Hey all...
After playing the depressing ESO game, I got the want to play the better Skyrim...
What are the main mods to go for nowdays???

As the other guy said, check out the 'most endorsed' files over at Nexus. In particular, highlight 'Files' and click on 'Categories' in the context menu. Go through the first page of each of those and pick up what looks good.

I always personally recommend Duel and hitstop/recoil, though be sure to tweak the latter two before you give them up. Their default settings are extreme.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: March 07, 2014, 12:21:10 am »

I'm currently looking at ACE and SkyRe. Does anyone have experience with them enough to say what the big differences are? From what I understand, ACE plays a bit more nice with other mods than SkyRe does, but they seem to aim at doing roughly the same thing.
Ace has not been updated to take more advantage of the game like Skyre has but definitely a lot more mod friendly.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: March 12, 2014, 05:10:13 pm »

I've been trying to get my mods somewhat balanced, but heavy armor is still nerfed when fighting dragons (with Dragon Combat Overhaul and Deadly Dragons). Magic "works" as long as you got rock big enough to hide behind, but melee is just suicidal. Or am I doing it wrong? Any tips on dragon hunting?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 896