Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558710 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10785 on: May 30, 2014, 05:12:35 pm »

Yes. Guards struck by lightning every time they spout that infamous line? Hell yeah. Replace the lower level destruction spells with wabbajack effect? Hell yeah. Goddamn Randy Savage dragons? HELL YEAH
Macho man is going to burn you so much that you'll smell like bacon, OH YEAH!

BUT DUNMER
I play a dunmer fighter, and let me tell you that Dunmer fire resist doesn't get you very far at level 40+...

but maybe I'm just a little dunm.
At that point, you should have some enchanted gear, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: May 30, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

Yes. Guards struck by lightning every time they spout that infamous line? Hell yeah. Replace the lower level destruction spells with wabbajack effect? Hell yeah. Goddamn Randy Savage dragons? HELL YEAH
Macho man is going to burn you so much that you'll smell like bacon, OH YEAH!

BUT DUNMER
I play a dunmer fighter, and let me tell you that Dunmer fire resist doesn't get you very far at level 40+...

but maybe I'm just a little dunm.
At that point, you should have some enchanted gear, though.
Not specifically for fire resistance, though my shield give almost +20%.

It's just the fact that the leveling is starting to break down a little and everyone's flame spells do 3x or such damage it seems. Or my tendency to send my girl into battle naked on accident after using one of my more illicit mods, like some kind of horny black Scotsman. Or Serana casting fire on me too, because her aim is fucking terrible.

I really need to swap her out for Inigo again. That Kajit was the best follower, even if I am entranced by Serana's armor on occasion.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: May 30, 2014, 05:34:06 pm »

If you SKYRE like me, then you can take the higher level "pyromancy contract" stuff and get even MOAR FIRE RESIST basically for free. Then you can Better Vampires and be best vampire.

Another helpful mod is "Achieve That!" which gives you rewards for a lot of "achievements", in relation to current discussion: Simply spending a year (game time) in Skyrim will get you +10 to all resists.

Also have you done the "Book of Mara" quest? Riften is great place for making your character better without special gear and stuffs.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: May 30, 2014, 05:47:21 pm »

Say, what difficulty to y'all play on? I'm on Adept right now, and I'm beginning to oneshot most enemies except for dragons, but also getting the piss beat out of me if anyone manages to actually hit me because I still only have 100 base health, and I'm considering bumping it up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: May 30, 2014, 06:10:16 pm »

I always play Adept but I also play with the most hardcore settings on Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases (ok, not the MOST hardcore, I kept exposure/needs rates at the default) so I guess combat wise its on normal but then "Not Freezing to death" wise its on supa hard mode :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: May 30, 2014, 06:22:58 pm »

Or get Duel and one of the better combat AI mods.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: May 31, 2014, 04:58:02 am »

Meh, I don't have that subscription to the mod website and I kinda want to play through it a few times on vanilla before I go modgod.
Sig! Onol

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: May 31, 2014, 08:56:44 am »

You don't need a Nexus account to download mods from there. That, and while it's your prerogative, that sounds sort of like saying, "I want to ride around on this bike with punctured tires and jammed brakes for a few weeks before I fix it." :|

Leaving aside the obvious stuff like the community patch and Sky UI which are pretty much required, there's also a good selection of mods that enhance the combat in the literal meaning of the word: improved balance, increased difficulty, greater tactical depth, &c.

Here's a heavily abridged list of the combat mods I use, if you do change your mind:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's pretty much the minimum acceptable in my book, excluding a ton of minor and aesthetic changes. But maybe I'm prejudiced from first playing Skyrim on console. :P

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: May 31, 2014, 08:59:00 am »

The community patches are really the very least you should use. You can argue against everything else, but I doubt you can argue against simple bugfixes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: May 31, 2014, 09:38:51 am »

You don't need a Nexus account to download mods from there.
I thought you needed one for large downloads? Or has that changed from last time I downloaded from there?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: May 31, 2014, 10:00:43 am »

I guess mods are really important to having a better experience in Skyrim.  I wonder if I can bootstrap my Xbox into the internet and get the PC, moddable version of Skyrim...

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: May 31, 2014, 10:17:45 am »

You still need an account for mods that are at least above 2mb, but other than that you don't need an account to download mods from the Nexus site.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: May 31, 2014, 10:18:19 am »

You don't need a Nexus account to download mods from there.
I thought you needed one for large downloads? Or has that changed from last time I downloaded from there?
Might be; it's been a long while since I made mine. I guess I thought the concern was more re: using NMM as opposed to another mod manager or manually installing everything, given that you can just make a throwaway gmail account if you really don't want to attach your identity to it or something (and that making an account takes maybe five minutes).

3. Run Resize Enable

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: May 31, 2014, 10:19:29 am »

IIRC, if you transfer your xbox skyrim data into a thumb drive or portable hard drive, you should be able to get the mods into the right folders. However, I don't know how you'd activate them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: May 31, 2014, 12:11:21 pm »

The community patches are really the very least you should use. You can argue against everything else, but I doubt you can argue against simple bugfixes.
What bugs? Admittedly I've only played for about 120 hours total, but I haven't run into any at all. Honestly, the game's not bad without mods. I don't understand all the fuss.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 896