Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558730 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11205 on: October 06, 2014, 01:38:46 pm »

The gradual spread of Tiberium and change of landscapes would probably be difficult if not impossible.. Because of CK limits.. I think?
Actually, I think it may be possible. It would be kind of "hacky" and would probably require a fake terrain be triggered to appear on top of the real terrain. It might also cause tons of lag, since it'd need to spawn a lot of stuff.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: October 06, 2014, 02:25:11 pm »

The gradual spread of Tiberium and change of landscapes would probably be difficult if not impossible.. Because of CK limits.. I think?
Actually, I think it may be possible. It would be kind of "hacky" and would probably require a fake terrain be triggered to appear on top of the real terrain. It might also cause tons of lag, since it'd need to spawn a lot of stuff.

It WOULD cause a lot of lag...so many scripts would be needed for that, that it probably completely break most if not all skyrim setups. Except maybe pure vanilla and only that mod added onto it...

Also, it is 100% my video card not having enough Vram for my overhaul. It hits 2gb cap pretty quick (which is normal in a heavy load setup), then goes to my system ram due to running out of vram...and bam...crash. All the mods play fine as far as I can tell...but...yeah...hope I can upgrade to the 4gb 970 gtx at some point soon. Its a tad out of my budget sadly, which sucks cause it is actually a pretty good price for a great card.

In any case, I'll have to have a warning when I upload it (whenever I upgrade my video card) that it isn't playable on anything less than 4gb video card. And probably need the 700 or new 900 series (or titan...) for it to be playable at all. My 660 GTX barely stays at 30 fps average and not enough vram. So guess the overhaul is more higher end than I intended...even without ENB...ah well...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:26:53 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: October 06, 2014, 04:13:51 pm »

We will probably be better off with an already Tiberiumized world then.
So, who here knows a decent modder who is willing to make this post-apocalyptic Tiberium-infested Skyrim?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: October 06, 2014, 04:17:00 pm »

If you want it to spread, you might consider tying the progression to quest progression? Have assets replaced every time a quest gets completed, main or no. Won't be dynamic, but it may achieve a similar effect.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: October 06, 2014, 04:23:26 pm »

Hmm.. maybe give the crystals some color as well as another name.. As to prevent possible narrow-minded overly zealous lawsuits.
How about red and call it Oblivium or Daedrum? Daedrium?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: October 06, 2014, 04:35:03 pm »

Hey speaking of mods Trainwiz released another one

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: October 06, 2014, 04:38:02 pm »

If you want it to spread, you might consider tying the progression to quest progression? Have assets replaced every time a quest gets completed, main or no. Won't be dynamic, but it may achieve a similar effect.
This is pretty much what I was going to suggest. If it's possible, have the "spread" trigger if a quest isn't completed within a certain timespan of it being activated OR on successful completion, depending on whether you're going to be the Dovahkane.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: October 06, 2014, 04:40:03 pm »

Hey speaking of mods Trainwiz released another one
That sounds pretty cool. In that video, though, the part leading to the main attraction, as it were, reminds me a lot of the opening of Nehrim.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: October 06, 2014, 06:47:57 pm »

Hmm.. maybe give the crystals some color as well as another name.. As to prevent possible narrow-minded overly zealous lawsuits.
How about red and call it Oblivium or Daedrum? Daedrium?
I like Rubiconium, myself, especially if it's red.  Maybe Adigium?  Volturnium?  Poium?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: October 06, 2014, 09:34:35 pm »

Avoidlawsuitium?

Totallynottiberiumium?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: October 06, 2014, 11:41:43 pm »

Crystalium!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: October 07, 2014, 01:24:52 am »

Ytterbium.

Naming fantastic materials after unrelated real-life materials is an Elder Scrolls staple.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11217 on: October 07, 2014, 01:51:14 am »

Ununquadium, perhaps?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: October 07, 2014, 02:11:25 am »

In any case...I think some kind of alien or whatever it ends up being, slowly taking things over would be cool. To spruce it up, their own buildings would show up amongst cities/villages they take over.

Or robots...robots take over Skyrim...that is still in right? Or have people moved on to other things?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:18:36 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11219 on: October 07, 2014, 03:13:11 am »

Aw shit yeah. I'm a WEREWOLF.

This game is so much fun.

I don't want to take either side of the civil war, though. There should be a middle ground one where you bitch-slap both sides until they stop fighting. I suppose there is probably a mod for that, but I was hoping to play through the game in vanilla at least once before I go down that road.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 896