Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558818 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11220 on: October 07, 2014, 06:38:49 am »

Aw shit yeah. I'm a WEREWOLF.

This game is so much fun.

I don't want to take either side of the civil war, though. There should be a middle ground one where you bitch-slap both sides until they stop fighting. I suppose there is probably a mod for that, but I was hoping to play through the game in vanilla at least once before I go down that road.
Just play the main quest without taking sides and it'll happen.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »

...It just doesn't stick :(

Also, probably already said this, but there needs to be a mod that replaces the werewolf model with the Incredible Hulk. Sounds, too.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: October 07, 2014, 12:48:15 pm »

...It just doesn't stick :(

Also, probably already said this, but there needs to be a mod that replaces the werewolf model with the Incredible Hulk. Sounds, too.

Yeah but to be fair this is elder scrolls. Where nothing you do really seems to matter in the grand scheme of things.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: October 07, 2014, 01:10:17 pm »

Aw shit yeah. I'm a WEREWOLF.

This game is so much fun.

I don't want to take either side of the civil war, though. There should be a middle ground one where you bitch-slap both sides until they stop fighting. I suppose there is probably a mod for that, but I was hoping to play through the game in vanilla at least once before I go down that road.

i took the side of ulfric in one playthrough, i felt like such a shit for betraying jarl balgruuf that i've never taken the side of the rebels in any other playthrough.  i wish there was a way to convince balgruuf to take the rebel side.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11224 on: October 07, 2014, 01:16:30 pm »

Stormcloaks: Depose Balgruuf and Set up the slave-driving Silverbloods in Markarth
Imperials: Set up the unspeakable Maven Black-Briar in Riften.

Neither is really ideal. In fact, Skyrim is basically fucked no matter who wins.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: October 07, 2014, 02:24:36 pm »

So, quick question, anyone know how to disable Papyrus logging? Its suggested by ApolloDown (the dude who does Civil War Overhaul) to reduce my godawful script lag.

After some poking around, while this version of my modlist IS more stable and less buggy then the last one, I'm being...well, bugged, by two minor bugs.
Specifically I can't get the Argonian's Skyre Histskin power to show up at all (this was a problem last time too) and also while Hunterborn DETECTS Skyre, it won't let me check the "change Gatherer perk to not break all the things" box...considering said perk BREAKS ALL THE THINGS I don't know why it even HAS a checkbox and isn't just on automatically.

Also, while script lag is an issue, it only rears its head when I mass butcher things with Hunterborn.

So who thinks I should take the plunge and download Mr. ApolloDown's Compilation now? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: October 07, 2014, 03:14:26 pm »

<sneak . . sneak. . . sneak>
Creeeak  THOOP. . . thwak!  (Arrow to the eye!!)
"Is somebody there?  Naw, it's probably just my imagination. . ."

<Standing around a burned dragon corpse>
Miner 1:  "I. . . I can't believe it. . . "
Miner 2:  "I don't know what to say. . . "
Guard:    "Have you seen those Redguards?  They have curved swords.  Curved.  Swords."

The NPC's in Skyrim are weird.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: October 07, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »

Stormcloaks: Depose Balgruuf and Set up the slave-driving Silverbloods in Markarth
Imperials: Set up the unspeakable Maven Black-Briar in Riften.

Neither is really ideal. In fact, Skyrim is basically fucked no matter who wins.

Imperials are less fucked in the long run, though, because they at least have a vague hope of dealing with the pointy-eared bastards. Stormcloak victory means Skyrim under elven boots within a generation, the stupid nationalist fuckers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: October 07, 2014, 03:42:26 pm »

Imperials are less fucked in the long run, though, because they at least have a vague hope of dealing with the pointy-eared bastards. Stormcloak victory means Skyrim under elven boots within a generation, the stupid nationalist fuckers.

The nationalism might have been what brought me to really dislike the Stormcloak questline.  As I was playing through it, my approval went from "Rebels, yeah!" to "I picked the wrong side." to, at the end, where Tullius dies, "Dammit, where's the undo button?"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11229 on: October 07, 2014, 03:47:07 pm »

You can switch sides just after getting the Jagged Crown IIRC.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: October 07, 2014, 04:31:00 pm »

What are you guys talking about? Stormcloaks are awesome. They at least plan to FIGHT the Thalmor, instead of trying to build up strength they lost while the elves look over their shoulders and drag people off into the night.

And for those saying the Empire has a better chance of fighting them...they already LOST. When they were MUCH more powerful, they don't have a prayer in the current state of affairs, whereas the Redguards proved a singular province properly dedicated can hold its own against them.

I'm not saying Ulfric is a chill guy for totally splitting the powerbase and murdering up potential allies instead of jumping down the elves throats, I'm just saying that since shits already fucked, he's probably the guy to unfuck them. Even if he is a powermongering bastard...actually BECAUSE he is a powermongering bastard.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: October 07, 2014, 04:33:32 pm »

But Jarl Ballin!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: October 07, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »

But Jarl Ballin!
Do you mean Balgruuf?

Like I said, its not nice or pretty, but Stormcloaks in my mind have a better chance of not being totally wiped by NAZI ELVES, which kinda excuses some dickery.

And I'm sure someone will be like "But Stormcloaks er just UNWASHED REEBELS, the EEMPIRE is a professioner army!" and let me point out that no, they are a fractured people who's veterans all died to the Thalmor, they are in a incredibly crap tactical position where the enemy is LITERALLY IN CHARGE OF THEM, and did I mention that many of the better soldiers that were LEFT joined up with the Stormcloaks. Empire's fucked man.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: October 07, 2014, 04:55:44 pm »

Ulfric was deemed as a potential Thamor asset and had gone under the equivalent of brainwashing.  Not the best guy to lead an army against them.  Plus, his anger at the elves could cost him the ability to utilize any dissenters from Valenwood.  It may once have been a strong powerbase for the Thalmor at the beginning, but their purges would undoubtedly cause dissent.  Empire would use that.

Granted, if Paartharnax remained alive and the Dovahkiin remained upon good terms with him, either side would have a force of dragons helping them.  However, in this case, Empire would be a bit better off, as, if it is possible, they would be the most likely to send an emissary to that dragon worshiping empire on Akavir.  Get them on their side...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: October 07, 2014, 04:56:14 pm »

If you stick around hearing ulfric talk after winning. Have to stay around a while...but...

He says himself it was all a ruse to get it in power, a lie and cares not for his people. Doesn't even believe what he told his followers. Just wanted power.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 896