Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550179 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11235 on: October 07, 2014, 05:14:42 pm »

Oh, and the High-King only went along with the Treaty because if he didn't, Skyrim'd be fucked.

So Skyrim is fucked.

Empire side, however, brings them back to the EMPIRE. So if the NAZI ELVES do attack, they're not a third party who will be wrecked by both sides.

So yeah! Empire is intelligent, has decent power, can have dragons on their side, and aren't there for power.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: October 07, 2014, 05:18:42 pm »

nazi elves

they ain't that
this is word of god here, Michael Kirkbride created the Thalmor, they ain't nazis

anyway:

can have dragons on their side

wut?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: October 07, 2014, 05:22:31 pm »

Dovahkiin works with Paarthurax, stays good with him, and then the whole Akavir dragon worshipers thing? I dunno, I'm a nub at Elder Scrolls Lore.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: October 07, 2014, 05:24:42 pm »

The Akavir dragon worshipers' only interaction with Paarthurnax is asking the Dovahkiin to kill him, so I don't think that'll work out.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: October 07, 2014, 05:36:43 pm »

The Akavir dragon worshipers' only interaction with Paarthurnax is asking the Dovahkiin to kill him, so I don't think that'll work out.

That's the blades, not the worshipers.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: October 07, 2014, 05:39:28 pm »

The Blades are the only vestige of that culture in Tamriel as of Skyrim.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11241 on: October 07, 2014, 06:33:08 pm »

The Blades are dicks. Paarthurnax is cool.

Edit:
nazi elves
they ain't that
this is word of god here, Michael Kirkbride created the Thalmor, they ain't nazis
They're still awful. There are many awful things besides Nazis.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: October 07, 2014, 06:34:34 pm »

I was like, AHAHHAHAHFUCK YOU to the Blades. Buncha dicks.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: October 07, 2014, 06:44:12 pm »

Ok, still waiting for help disabling Papyrus Logging, and also apparently the WEAPONS are fine now, but the ARMOR stats are borked. Fucking hell. IA armors are now useless because less then half as protective as equivalent vanilla stuff. Fuck.

Ulfric was deemed as a potential Thamor asset and had gone under the equivalent of brainwashing.  Not the best guy to lead an army against them.  Plus, his anger at the elves could cost him the ability to utilize any dissenters from Valenwood.  It may once have been a strong powerbase for the Thalmor at the beginning, but their purges would undoubtedly cause dissent.  Empire would use that.

He was deemed that in a Thalmor report...a report by people with LEGENDARY skills in misdirection and subterfuge, it wouldn't be surprising if they predicted that would be seen and assumed to be true. And said report says nothing about brainwashing, only that they essentially lied to him to make him start the war.

Oh, and the High-King only went along with the Treaty because if he didn't, Skyrim'd be fucked.

So Skyrim is fucked.

Empire side, however, brings them back to the EMPIRE. So if the NAZI ELVES do attack, they're not a third party who will be wrecked by both sides.

So yeah! Empire is intelligent, has decent power, can have dragons on their side, and aren't there for power.
Empire side brings them back to a broken and outdated "Empire" that is still reeling from the LAST time it went up against the elves. And for what happens when third parties resist the Thalmor, see HAMMERFELL BITCHES

Empire WAS intelligent, HAD decent power and are on their last legs regardless of what you do in game. Oh and of course they are being watched every second from within by the elves. They are DOOMED.

nazi elves

they ain't that
He can call them whatever he wants, they walk like Nazis, they talk like Nazis, they exterminate anyone they don't see as part of their superior lineage like Nazis.
I call em Nazis.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: October 07, 2014, 06:53:43 pm »

The nationalism might have been what brought me to really dislike the Stormcloak questline.  As I was playing through it, my approval went from "Rebels, yeah!" to "I picked the wrong side." to, at the end, where Tullius dies, "Dammit, where's the undo button?"

yeah.  all it takes is a visit to windhelm to realize, something's rotten in the camp of stormcloaks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: October 07, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »

Ulfric was deemed as a potential Thamor asset and had gone under the equivalent of brainwashing.  Not the best guy to lead an army against them.  Plus, his anger at the elves could cost him the ability to utilize any dissenters from Valenwood.  It may once have been a strong powerbase for the Thalmor at the beginning, but their purges would undoubtedly cause dissent.  Empire would use that.

He was deemed that in a Thalmor report...a report by people with LEGENDARY skills in misdirection and subterfuge, it wouldn't be surprising if they predicted that would be seen and assumed to be true. And said report says nothing about brainwashing, only that they essentially lied to him to make him start the war.

A report that none of them believed anyone would get their hands on.  That report was for Thalmor eyes only.  Why would they lie to themselves?

Empire side brings them back to a broken and outdated "Empire" that is still reeling from the LAST time it went up against the elves. And for what happens when third parties resist the Thalmor, see HAMMERFELL BITCHES

Empire WAS intelligent, HAD decent power and are on their last legs regardless of what you do in game. Oh and of course they are being watched every second from within by the elves. They are DOOMED.

At the time of the war, the Thalmor had great footing in the lands it had, while the empire was busy trying to calm things down in the aftermath of the Void Nights.  In addition, the Thalmor had surprise on their side.  After it passed, the empire threw them out.  Treaty was made due to everything behind them was falling apart.

Interesting to note: if you look at the two battles, in the former, the Thalmor couldn't stop the Empire from breaking through their lines, and in the latter, the Empire wiped out the Thalmor army.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: October 07, 2014, 07:12:09 pm »

Though the Thalmor did raze the IC and find and decapitate every blades agent in their lands.

Not that it matters much in the end. Apparently the Thalmor will succeed in their ultimate plan, resulting in themselves and everyone else suffering some kind of metaphysical destruction, except for the Dunmer, who go live on (one of) the moon(s). At least, I think that's what happens.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11247 on: October 07, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »

Not that it matters much in the end. Apparently the Thalmor will succeed in their ultimate plan, resulting in themselves and everyone else suffering some kind of metaphysical destruction, except for the Dunmer, who go live on (one of) the moon(s). At least, I think that's what happens.
Well, that's depressing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:05 pm »

nazi elves

they ain't that
He can call them whatever he wants, they walk like Nazis, they talk like Nazis, they exterminate anyone they don't see as part of their superior lineage like Nazis.
I call em Nazis.

Yeah, except the Nazis were about eugenics and racial purity and the Thalmor's all about despising the flesh and ascending subgradients to become like their godly ancestors.

Well, that's depressing.

Nah, that's the Numidium stomping shit, and it's definitely not going to happen in the games, since the entire point of the Loveletter from the 5th Era is to prevent Landfall and C0DA in general from happening in the past.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: October 07, 2014, 07:32:43 pm »

Don't be so hasty.  The Adamantine tower remains active as long as Talos worship is still going on...we need the Stormcloaks to win or Talos worship to continue in Hammerfell/within the underground/etc, not do something stupid, and the Adamantine tower to be protected.

If the events of Skyrim deactivated the snow tower, then Green-Sap is the only other one.  That could be one of two things.  The walking city in Valenwood (if its that one, its deactivated), or the Hist.  Based on what has been resulting from the previous ones of having a tower being deactivated within the game somewhere (I:??? (Maybe this one was the start of the end), II: Numidium, III: Heart of Lorkan, IV: Amulet of Kings, V: Throat of the World), the setting will be for VI, Valenwood (Change in direction of having a tower be restored), or Blackmarsh (Continue the current path with the destruction of the Hist).  Yokuda's might have been transferred to Hammerfell, though (Maybe Elder Scrolls VII?).
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 896