Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558477 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11280 on: October 08, 2014, 02:44:25 pm »

I can't find a mod to replace the lockpicking minigame with Morrowind-style skill checks.
I just want to wield a lockpick in my hand and prod a door with it until it opens.
Is that so much to ask?
>:I

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: October 08, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »

I can't find a mod to replace the lockpicking minigame with Morrowind-style skill checks.
I just want to wield a lockpick in my hand and prod a door with it until it opens.
Is that so much to ask?
>:I

You can just use that mod that shows exactly the position need to open.

The one you're talking about seems to be this one? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22950/?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: October 08, 2014, 03:17:18 pm »

I like how they kept the pankratrosword thing as canon, given how ridiculous it is, even by TES standards.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Canon is not a thing in ES lore. Like, the concept does not exist. There is no "Big Book of ES Lore Canon" or anything like that, the only real guidelines for Bethesda from what I've heard are "whatever Kurt Kuhlmann says". Zenimax Online Studios probably has different ones, but they've clearly got something good going on there (see: that book on towers I posted earlier).

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: October 08, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »

I like how they kept the pankratrosword thing as canon, given how ridiculous it is, even by TES standards.

Canon is not a thing in ES lore. Like, the concept does not exist. There is no "Big Book of ES Lore Canon" or anything like that, the only real guidelines for Bethesda from what I've heard are "whatever Kurt Kuhlmann says". Zenimax Online Studios probably has different ones, but they've clearly got something good going on there (see: that book on towers I posted earlier).
HA! SO THE ELVES *ARE* NAZIS :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: October 08, 2014, 03:53:51 pm »

This is the last overhaul, and the largest I've done, that I will do for Skyrim. Nearly everything was changed, and it is a lighter mod list (152 esps+esms)...giving this overhaul a very stable, mostly bug free (it is Bethesda...) game with a lot of changes.

(screenshots links won't be posted, since they contain nudity or if I link straight to the image, you can still see the adult rated images...it wouldn't be appropriate to link it here)

You can find the link to the .torrent :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xonti4gy62sf1bk/Skyrim.7z.torrent?dl=0

It needs steam obviously. However, for me personally, steam doesn't recognize it properly since I copied the folder straight from the backup hard drive. I didn't want to install skyrim again and use up all that bandwidth, so I just moved the folder over.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:39:01 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: October 08, 2014, 03:57:05 pm »

JESUS.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: October 08, 2014, 03:57:55 pm »

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: October 08, 2014, 04:04:59 pm »

Zenimax Online Studios probably has different ones, but they've clearly got something good going on there (see: that book on towers I posted earlier).

So it is possible that the Tree City is not Green-Sap?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: October 08, 2014, 04:07:18 pm »

It is mostly likely not going to be contradicted.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: October 08, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »

The one you're talking about seems to be this one? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22950/?
That mod has a huge, red HERE THERE BE BUGS warning at the top of its description, so I'm not holding too much hope for it.
I suppose it could still be worth a shot. If it works, it'd probably be pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11290 on: October 08, 2014, 06:14:40 pm »

<mod snip>
Holy crap.

I might just give this a go.

My PC isn't the best, but I've been looking for a Skyrim mod thing to get back into the game. I can't really be arsed compiling and testing mods myself, y'see.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: October 08, 2014, 06:22:14 pm »

Keep in mind, the ECE for character making...I included 2x more sliders... has square boxes where the text is (but the text shows fine)...nowhere else in the game has it. And it doesn't create any problems making a character...just for some reason it shows an empty square box in front and after every word. I tried fixing it, but since it was a minor little thing...I didn't want to spend hours trying to fix it. I already spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out, and I didn't want to reinstall that mod again for the 4th time. I fixed it once before, then it reverted back to that little annoyance.

Just to give a heads up since its first thing people will see.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: October 08, 2014, 11:10:35 pm »

By the way, BFEL, if you never got your question answered, you should open up Skyrim.ini and set:

Code: [Select]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Under the [Papyrus] section. If you don't have it, then papyrus logging isn't active for you; it's disabled by default, if memory serves, so it actually shouldn't even be active at all unless you switched on while following the instructions for a mod or something.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: October 12, 2014, 11:49:09 pm »

Here is probably the only patch needed for my overhaul for those who decide to try it. It includes no game folders...just 7zip files. When I uploaded, some scripts were missing in some of the mods...and...that is it really.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Dx53AArY!eFUPXPq-J7Y653O61OYSxAL9_AvYb9Vty0QXaZ98oAM

Nearly all of the mods (except in the required folder) are optional. I do urge to install the Immersive Armors CBBE, since that fixes a lot of the armor problems. And I included a bunch of other mods that I put in the game or were already there but scripts were missing.

The two really big ones are Requiem and Real Estate mod...which RE was updated to 3.0 and I didn't include that as I didn't know it had a huge update. But I left those as optional, since it at least gives the user more of an option to use them or not.

The patch is 1.55 gb, so kind of large. It will be almost likely the only patch I'll upload for it. Everything else works as far as I can see.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34:32 am »

It may be possible to see that wall of text from outer space. :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 896