Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550035 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11310 on: October 18, 2014, 04:51:21 pm »

If you use SkyRe, which I know has an Unarmed weapon, you could probably add whatever property of Pickaxes lets them dig Ore veins by being swung at them (instead of using the animation, which is presumably hardcoded). Fucked if I remember how to use the Creation Kit to do that sort of thing but there's probably a tutorial somewhere - I know item stat editing is the single easiest thing you can do.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: October 18, 2014, 11:13:53 pm »

Doesn't SkyRe need DLC?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: October 19, 2014, 04:13:57 am »

Yes

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: October 19, 2014, 04:35:16 am »

I made out like a bandit when I bought a Steam copy on sale, DLC and all :p

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: October 19, 2014, 07:44:45 am »

But I LOVE SkyRe
I don't WANT a different perk mod. :(

Anyway, I think I've determined what the problem was.

I didn't actually have the Reproccer.

I only had the .esp from the SkyRe downloader, assumed it was the whole thing.
Much arg is currently ensuing.

So, now that I ACTUALLY HAVE THE REPROCCER, I am having a problem with it (of course :P) specifically, it doesn't think I have the skyre_main file...even though its like three spaces below it.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong NOW? My best guess is its looking in the wrong place for stuffs, but I don't know how to set the path for this thing, only options it gives are "patch" and "don't patch" which is frustrating.
Subdirectory ReProccer should be put in is \Data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_ReProccer, which should be preserved by the zipped file. 

Also, there are also other significant compatibility issues with Immersive Armor and certain other mods that won't be resolved by ReProccer alone.  I use this massive compatibility patch, which helps with Immersive Armor, Immersive Weapons, Immersive Creatures, CCOR, CCOand a bunch of other mods that I don't actually use, but thankfully don't need to actually install since it's all modular.

Where were you three weeks ago? :P

But yeah...I don't have a "SkyProc Patchers" folder. At all. Closest I have is "SkyProcDebug"
You DID identify the problem though I suppose, all of the reproccer stuffs is scattered all over my Data folder. (I do all my modding MANUALLY note, no fancy NMM for me, I will learn to slog through this shit with a loincloth and a pointed stick :P)

Lets see what we got here...
Folders: Reproccer, SkyProcDebug
Files: Debug-Starter(I THINK this is related...maybe), Reproccer (the jar file/actual reproccer thing)
There's also two text files about it, but unimportant

...and now I can't redownload the Reproccer to see if it would have the files you're talking about because apparently my computer randomly changed my "security settings" without telling me. WTF? How do I undo this retardation?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: October 19, 2014, 12:52:17 pm »

But I LOVE SkyRe
I don't WANT a different perk mod. :(

Anyway, I think I've determined what the problem was.

I didn't actually have the Reproccer.

I only had the .esp from the SkyRe downloader, assumed it was the whole thing.
Much arg is currently ensuing.

So, now that I ACTUALLY HAVE THE REPROCCER, I am having a problem with it (of course :P) specifically, it doesn't think I have the skyre_main file...even though its like three spaces below it.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong NOW? My best guess is its looking in the wrong place for stuffs, but I don't know how to set the path for this thing, only options it gives are "patch" and "don't patch" which is frustrating.
Subdirectory ReProccer should be put in is \Data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_ReProccer, which should be preserved by the zipped file. 

Also, there are also other significant compatibility issues with Immersive Armor and certain other mods that won't be resolved by ReProccer alone.  I use this massive compatibility patch, which helps with Immersive Armor, Immersive Weapons, Immersive Creatures, CCOR, CCOand a bunch of other mods that I don't actually use, but thankfully don't need to actually install since it's all modular.

Where were you three weeks ago? :P

But yeah...I don't have a "SkyProc Patchers" folder. At all. Closest I have is "SkyProcDebug"
You DID identify the problem though I suppose, all of the reproccer stuffs is scattered all over my Data folder. (I do all my modding MANUALLY note, no fancy NMM for me, I will learn to slog through this shit with a loincloth and a pointed stick :P)

Lets see what we got here...
Folders: Reproccer, SkyProcDebug
Files: Debug-Starter(I THINK this is related...maybe), Reproccer (the jar file/actual reproccer thing)
There's also two text files about it, but unimportant

...and now I can't redownload the Reproccer to see if it would have the files you're talking about because apparently my computer randomly changed my "security settings" without telling me. WTF? How do I undo this retardation?
Trying to rebuild my own SkyRe-based mod set after uninstalling Requiem, with absolutely no memory as to how I did it the first time.  That was almost as entertaining for me as your experience is being for you. :P

That is basically that appears to be the core of the Reproccer; I also received a Files subdirectory containing Blocklist.txt in my download, but I'm not sure you need that if you don't have any mods to block.  Basically, simply drop those files you have in the subdirectory I listed.  Since a picture is worth a thousand words, this may help.  This is my SkyRe-ReProccer, along with its directory. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That compatibility patch can be installed manually; you don't need NMM for it.  Every variant is contained in its own subdirectory when you open the 7z file, so all you need to know is which acronyms on the mod's description page correspond to the directories since some of the ESP patches are merged (so, for instance, if you were using Immersive Armor 7 and Immersive Weapons, you'd take the files inside "39 IA7 IW"; if you added Unique Uniques to it, you'd use "42 IA7 IW UU").  You will want the ReProccer patch out of it, though: those are in "01 Stats XML".  The directory structure, if intact, should let you just drop its contents in the Data folder, but what you want is for the file "Stats.xml" to overwrite the one inside the subdirectory named "ReProccer". 

Also, there are also some load order considerations that should be made, but BOSS can usually fix those if you use it, or else you can read the Readme.  Most are pretty obvious, though; they'll say stuff like "Pre-ReProccer" or "Post-ReProccer" in the file name. 

EDIT: Actually, I usually use LOOT instead of BOSS for automated sorting.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:05:33 pm by Culise »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: October 19, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »

The Modding Scrolls V: Skyrim

:P

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: October 19, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »

Every patcher (SkyRE, Asis etc) never works for me. It always gives an error of too many items or too much of something. Dunno what error said now, but a lot of people get it. So I don't bother with them, too much hassle. It patches and then toward the end it gives an error. And I can't be bothered to spend hours and hours figuring out what mod it doesn't like...too much bullshit for that. If patcher can't handle it, I don't feel bothered enough to use it.

My game works fine enough with TES5Edit merged patch/bashed patch and TES5Edit merged mods.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:13:44 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: October 19, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »

Culise you don't seem to get what I just said. I don't HAVE a "Skyproc Patchers" folder. Or a "T3nd0_Reproccer" folder. I mean I could MAKE them, but I also don't have the "Files" folder you have inside those. That's the issue I'm having right now.

And I'm MORE then familiar with the compatibility patches, much frustration was ensuing when they did nothing to help my issues (before I realized that I didn't actually have the Reproccer)

FAKEEDIT: and just realized that you mentioned the block thing is all that's in the files subdirectory. Making the two folders I need and seeing what happens.

While I do this, anyone have any advice on my new little "security" issue? Not sure I'll be able to download the compatibility patches now....this is just an endless barrel of "fuck you" isn't it? :P

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: October 19, 2014, 07:24:24 pm »

Culise you don't seem to get what I just said. I don't HAVE a "Skyproc Patchers" folder. Or a "T3nd0_Reproccer" folder. I mean I could MAKE them, but I also don't have the "Files" folder you have inside those. That's the issue I'm having right now.

And I'm MORE then familiar with the compatibility patches, much frustration was ensuing when they did nothing to help my issues (before I realized that I didn't actually have the Reproccer)

FAKEEDIT: and just realized that you mentioned the block thing is all that's in the files subdirectory. Making the two folders I need and seeing what happens.

While I do this, anyone have any advice on my new little "security" issue? Not sure I'll be able to download the compatibility patches now....this is just an endless barrel of "fuck you" isn't it? :P
Yep, that's what I was trying to get at; sorry for being unclear.  I hope to hear that making those folders and putting it in its special little place at least gets it to find the SkyRE ESP file properly. 

Not sure about the security issue, though.  I've never heard of that before.. 

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: October 19, 2014, 07:29:59 pm »

Yeah, its worked. Got everything in its proper place with LOOT and such.

Couldn't redownload those patches, but sifting through my recycle bin let me grab up a set of what I need.

Its probably bad that I've done this so often now I can find what I need in my RECYCLE BIN.

On to actually testing shits! Seeing what breaks!

EDIT: OH FOR FUCKS SAKE! NOW THE SCRIPT EXTENDER IS BROKEN BOEFOWIEHGRUGHKLSDFJSLDL

To explain, SkyUI helpfully informed me that "SKSE is not running" apparently. This is after I opened the game through the SKSE game launcher.

I just have no words for my WTF right now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:54:44 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: October 19, 2014, 08:31:10 pm »

Yeah, its worked. Got everything in its proper place with LOOT and such.

Couldn't redownload those patches, but sifting through my recycle bin let me grab up a set of what I need.

Its probably bad that I've done this so often now I can find what I need in my RECYCLE BIN.

On to actually testing shits! Seeing what breaks!

EDIT: OH FOR FUCKS SAKE! NOW THE SCRIPT EXTENDER IS BROKEN BOEFOWIEHGRUGHKLSDFJSLDL

To explain, SkyUI helpfully informed me that "SKSE is not running" apparently. This is after I opened the game through the SKSE game launcher.

I just have no words for my WTF right now.

Have you tried restarting the game?  That's always worked for me.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: October 19, 2014, 10:46:05 pm »

I'm sure you have a good reason, but just out of curiosity why do you prefer not to use a mod manager? I feel like I may have asked you this before, but they generally make it far harder to make a mistake, especially when you're trying to revert to an earlier version (Mod Organizer even does some fancy voodoo with a virtual mod directory so that no actual files are overwritten, meaning that if you later remove a mod that overwrote files from another, the previously-overwritten file goes into effect properly).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: October 20, 2014, 06:02:08 am »

I...honestly I kinda forgot :P

I think there was something like I would have had to...give credit card info maybe? Something that I pretty much said "yeah, that isn't happening" and then I figured what the hell, manually doing shit will actually teach me shit, so better in the end.

Anyway, restarting game doesn't work, apparently SKSE is broken or outdated or who knows what the fuck. I'll have to see if I can get a new version downloaded, but first I'll pretty much have to fully redownload Skyrim AGAIN because I have no idea what all to delete from the thing.

BOY THIS SURE IS FUN

Ok, problem #1 solved with a quick trip to my interwebs security settings....it is REALLY disconcerting that those can just change themselves without asking me...
But, regardless I can download all the things again. WOO.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:15:28 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: October 20, 2014, 02:44:04 pm »

Fun Tidbit:  Everytime I get into a Bethseda game... mods.  It can literally take a whole day... and then some to get a real playthrough started.

Them mods. 
"I don't like this feature, maybe something else."
"Damn, this one feature is not working, what did I do wrong?"
"I actually don't want this mod, now that I seen it in action."
"Its crashing to desktop.  What did I screw up?"
"Are these compatible?"
"Ah crap, I changed out one mod for another and need to change the ones dependent on it."
"Damn, I suck at this game.  Lets make it easier."
"What?  I'm still doing slivers of damage as they take huge chunks out of me per swing.  Lets make it even easier."
"Damnit, now everything dies in 5 swings while doing slivers to me."
"Hey, that looks like a cool mod, I want it. And that one... and that other one..."
"Frack, did I just break something by adding those cool looking mods?"

EDIT:
"I don't have any of the DLC.  Damnit, this mod doesn't support vanilla."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:52:56 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 896