Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558527 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11325 on: October 20, 2014, 03:09:07 pm »

Fun Tidbit:  Everytime I get into a Bethseda game... mods.  It can literally take a whole day... and then some to get a real playthrough started.

Them mods. 
"I don't like this feature, maybe something else."
"Damn, this one feature is not working, what did I do wrong?"
"I actually don't want this mod, now that I seen it in action."
"Its crashing to desktop.  What did I screw up?"
"Are these compatible?"
"Ah crap, I changed out one mod for another and need to change the ones dependent on it."
"Damn, I suck at this game.  Lets make it easier."
"What?  I'm still doing slivers of damage as they take huge chunks out of me per swing.  Lets make it even easier."
"Damnit, now everything dies in 5 swings while doing slivers to me."
"Hey, that looks like a cool mod, I want it. And that one... and that other one..."
"Frack, did I just break something by adding those cool looking mods?"

EDIT:
"I don't have any of the DLC.  Damnit, this mod doesn't support vanilla."

All of this and then some. (Except for the last one.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: October 20, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

Well, I think I know all what to do for the actual modding. Unfortunately, my computer decided this was a perfect time to fail entirely...so yeah, BFEL finally gets everything pretty much sorted out, computer explodes :P

Fuck my luck.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: October 21, 2014, 04:24:52 pm »

"What?  I'm still doing slivers of damage as they take huge chunks out of me per swing.  Lets make it even easier."
?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: October 21, 2014, 06:53:13 pm »

?
The mod he found was not easy enough.
But if you ask me, vanilla Skyrim is kind of easy enough on the lowest setting.. And quite boring..
Which is why I prefer a large variety of new and exiting enemies. (preferably if they look different from the vanilla creatures and not just a retex of vanilla ones.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:56:26 pm by Ultimuh »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: October 21, 2014, 07:56:50 pm »

?
It might be a new character thing.  I don't know.  I've always had problem with some things(bandits) being super easy, then some other things(other bandits) being 5x harder the next place over.

Might be the mods doing it though...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: October 21, 2014, 08:02:08 pm »

?
It might be a new character thing.  I don't know.  I've always had problem with some things(bandits) being super easy, then some other things(other bandits) being 5x harder the next place over.

Might be the mods doing it though...

Bandit Leaders with warhammers are literally Napoleon. For the record.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: October 21, 2014, 08:19:19 pm »

Yhea, some enemies are really weak but then the bosses might as well be a steam locomotive without rails for how tough they are.
Late game there weren't really many situations I didn't end up spamming C with the shadow warrior skill.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11332 on: October 21, 2014, 09:13:44 pm »

Bandit Leaders with warhammers are literally Napoleon. For the record.
Short, angry, and no respect for formalities? Sounds more like dwarves than a French emperor.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: October 21, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »

Well the "fuck you" train keeps on rolling.

Now I'm getting horribad lag and constant CTDs...and I honestly don't know whether to blame Skyrim or my computer :(

Oh, and the left bumper on the Xbox controller I use for the PC is broken, no sprinting ever again  :'(

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: October 21, 2014, 09:59:02 pm »

Now I'm getting horribad lag and constant CTDs...and I honestly don't know whether to blame Skyrim or my computer :(

Oh, and the left bumper on the Xbox controller I use for the PC is broken, no sprinting ever again  :'(

Yeah, my game was going well. Didn't add any mods and I played the game for 50 hours. But now, even a brand new game...I'm getting drops to 5 fps and ctds.

For me, I'm pretty sure its my PC. Its really old as it is, and to top of it off

brand new skyrim install, 25 max fps.

The funny part? My modded skyrim gets 30-35 fps, but now it sits at 5 fps on a brand new character.

Brand new skyrim install, 2-3 FPS

So I'm pretty sure something is dying in my PC.

And modded skyrim gets more FPS lol. Probably cause SKSE memory patch/ENB booster
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: October 21, 2014, 11:22:58 pm »

Try deleting everything in the scripts folder. I just did, and put the scripts in mods that I actually want back in. Back at 30-40 fps on average modded. Vanilla still plays like shit though at 5 fps...and yes I completely removed Skyrim folder. I guess I need the SKSE memory patch and ENB boost...cause I get more fps with those 2 in a heavily modded game than vanilla skyrim ROFL. Don't ask...no explanation...

Anyway, I removed all the scripts and put the scripts back in with the mods I actually want to use. Most mods still work, and nothing game breaking thus far. I did speed runs (fast timescale, ugrids at 7...toggled god mode...sprinted from whiterun to riften to windhelm back to whiterun and then to solitude). Then I flew around in TCL mode at super fast speed...and...

For first time since I released my mod...its actually playable...

I guess scripts really break stuff rofl. I didn't even need to reinstall skyrim or delete everything...just the scripts. Vanilla skyrim is still unplayable for me, on a completely new install...but why would I want to play that? :P

(edit: I had over 10k scripts in my scripts folder. Watch out for steam auto installing mods even when you unsubscribe for them...fuck if I ever open skyrim launcher again. I had 12,399 scripts...wtf...I manually install everything...but skyrim launcher keeps auto installing unsubbed mods...FAIL. I accidentally opened it :P Dunno what mod installed THAT many scripts, but that is bullshit lol.

I better delete that shortcut :P)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: October 22, 2014, 01:01:41 am »

There's that invalid-script-killer line for the SKSE startup file; I've still gone without a crash since I added that.

Yhea, some enemies are really weak but then the bosses might as well be a steam locomotive without rails for how tough they are.
Late game there weren't really many situations I didn't end up spamming C with the shadow warrior skill.
Honestly, this is part of why I started using Duel. Yes, just about anything will kill you in 2-3 hits, but the same applies to them, and shields+countering+maneuvering+tactics are actually useful; I recall it most clearly on an example from my old level 30-odd two-weapon/longbow sneak attacker that I still play from time to time. I cleaned out a camp of ~16-20 Forsworn with careful play, using stairwells to slow and bottleneck them, picking them off with arrows when possible, and never went below half health. Later, I spawned a group of six bandits to dick around with, and I died in about three seconds because they kept surrounding me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: October 22, 2014, 04:08:01 am »

There's that invalid-script-killer line for the SKSE startup file; I've still gone without a crash since I added that.

Did you remember to sacrifice your firstborn?
Might help depending on what issues you have with Skyrim.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
However this is not really necessary unless you have an ENB installed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:09:47 am by Ultimuh »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: October 22, 2014, 01:50:47 pm »

Wait wait, Vendayn... you didn't know how to do scripts? :P

And I made the same mistake with the steam thing.

But yeah, anytime you add stuff with scripts it is IN THERE until you delete everything and reinstall Skyrim. That's just the most basic skyrim modding thing ever.

And some things might break if you overwrite their scripts with other scripts, so try and download the most stable things first, and add the more finicky stuff later...like the Civil War Overhaul, that thing is the ABSOLUTE LAST thing you install. Ever. Period. Not saying don't install it, just don't install anything AFTER it.

But as for me, it is DEFINATELY my computer unfortunately. Seems to be infected with the most intense virus ever. Multiple scans aren't removing it....and now I can't stop wondering if DESCAN is somehow responsible for this :P
Scans and intensity...his TRADEMARK O.O

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: October 22, 2014, 06:37:18 pm »

Wait wait, Vendayn... you didn't know how to do scripts? :P

And I made the same mistake with the steam thing.

But yeah, anytime you add stuff with scripts it is IN THERE until you delete everything and reinstall Skyrim. That's just the most basic skyrim modding thing ever.

And some things might break if you overwrite their scripts with other scripts, so try and download the most stable things first, and add the more finicky stuff later...like the Civil War Overhaul, that thing is the ABSOLUTE LAST thing you install. Ever. Period. Not saying don't install it, just don't install anything AFTER it.

But as for me, it is DEFINATELY my computer unfortunately. Seems to be infected with the most intense virus ever. Multiple scans aren't removing it....and now I can't stop wondering if DESCAN is somehow responsible for this :P
Scans and intensity...his TRADEMARK O.O

Nah, I knew how. Its just, I accidentally opened skyrim launcher...and...one mod installed 11.5k scripts. Because I barely have any script mods...

Dunno what mod it was...cause I am unsubbed to all mods at workshop...and launcher installs all the mods I ever subbed automatically. Annoying bug. Probably have to reinstall, cause who knows what it installed...
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 896