Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559327 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11760 on: February 02, 2015, 05:20:12 pm »

That PSU has a lot to do with it honestly, my system is almost the same except I have an 850 watt supply, and I have an inferior i5 (2.8 GHz) processor and am only running a GeForce GTX 465.  I run Skyrim on max everything (except shadows, because Skyrim shadows are fucked) and never have slowdown even when running over 150 mods.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: February 03, 2015, 01:38:42 am »

That PSU has a lot to do with it honestly, my system is almost the same except I have an 850 watt supply, and I have an inferior i5 (2.8 GHz) processor and am only running a GeForce GTX 465.  I run Skyrim on max everything (except shadows, because Skyrim shadows are fucked) and never have slowdown even when running over 150 mods.

It was actually the newest released (not beta) drivers for it.

I went back to december 2014 drivers (got off from nvidia of course) and the problem has completely gone away.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11762 on: February 03, 2015, 12:27:52 pm »

He is...The Courier.
Well after all the shit he went through in Fallout NV he'd better be pretty tough.

ScottP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: February 07, 2015, 06:49:10 pm »

Much better than ESO! Different developer though.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: February 07, 2015, 07:27:31 pm »

I have to go back to this and mod the crap out of it again with all the latest mods... Always fun to do that.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: February 07, 2015, 07:43:29 pm »

I'm planning to dump my mod list with some notes for some people at work, I'll post it here too. I'm at somewhere over 100 mods now and still looking at more. Totally been sucked back into Skyrim, I've probably put in 30 hours just in the last couple weeks.

Still not quite happy with the balance I've got but...Duel: Combat Realism at least keeps combat interesting. Guys that are a threat to you will be all over your shit and it makes for some frantic fights.

But I still don't like how lower level guys go down like a hot knife cutting through butter. Not sure what mod can address that after my game has been going this long and has been so heavily modded. The beginning was certainly brutal but once lower level guys drop from 1 power attack, I dunno. It's the only sore point I have with it right now.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: February 07, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »

I'm quite pleased with the balance set up I have.

Duel: Combat Realism (v5) - an earlier, script free version that buffs damage, edits AI to be more cautious and flanky, and blocking is significantly more effective but consumes stamina a la Dark Souls style blocking. You can block when out of stamina, but will be staggered. Staggering occurs more often, and you take extra damage while being staggered.

OBIS (Organised Bandits in Skyrim) - greatly expands the variety of bandits so that any given group is going to be a fairly unique encounter. Bandits are quite a bit tougher than before, especially certain varieties (ironblood, doomrager, etc).

some follower mod i think? so i have ~4 or 5 companions with me, but in an average encounter we all need to work together to win, similar to the Dragon Age sorta thing.

oh, and Legendary difficulty. It gets absurd when I have 230 health and a petty soul gem coughs at me and one-hits me, but I like the difficulty otherwise.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: February 08, 2015, 03:05:26 pm »

Ah. I tend to not use followers even though I have about 6 hanging out at one of my houses now. It gives me a real sense of accomplishment to down 3 Frost Trolls at Level 25 with no help. It's also hard as balls with Duel installed and being a dual wielder with the Dual Wield Block mod, as just about any power attack from any weapon will stumble me.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: February 08, 2015, 07:19:23 pm »

I'm just not tanky enough without massive smithing or heavy armor or block enchantments yet - i'm level 23 i think.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:50 pm »

I'm just not tanky enough without massive smithing or heavy armor or block enchantments yet - i'm level 23 i think.

Neither am I. But with Path of Shadows adding a couple slowdown moves, it's amazingly how much BS you can get away with.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: February 09, 2015, 12:18:35 am »

You know, at times I wonder how there are beggars in Skyrim with how much can be gotten out of a single haul.  Especially those that train skills.  Just get them to go through a dungeon in one group, skill trainers providing tactics to get weapons off of the enemies by disarming via a swarm tactic, repeating until you've armed the whole group.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: February 09, 2015, 01:49:57 am »

You know, at times I wonder how there are beggars in Skyrim with how much can be gotten out of a single haul.  Especially those that train skills.  Just get them to go through a dungeon in one group, skill trainers providing tactics to get weapons off of the enemies by disarming via a swarm tactic, repeating until you've armed the whole group.

Give beggar 10k gold, still a beggar.

Skyrim logic.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: February 09, 2015, 06:29:57 am »

Skyrim logic.

In Elder Scrolls, being a beggar is a profession and a lifestyle. Not something that just happens because of reasons. :v

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: February 09, 2015, 06:35:12 am »

Skyrim logic.

In Elder Scrolls, being a beggar is a profession and a lifestyle. Not something that just happens because of reasons. :v

If being a beggar lets them rake in 10,000 gold pieces for standing around then I can see why they remain beggars. Easier than plundering dungeons.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: February 09, 2015, 08:53:17 am »

Skyrim logic.

Yes, there's actually a basis for it - the most common cause is that at some point, Namira took an interest in them and cursed them to be a beggar. See: "Beggar Prince".
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 896