Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558537 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11835 on: February 18, 2015, 06:55:40 pm »

I haven't tried it -- I get by with... eh, I don't remember what, but I've got a mod somewhere in my list that adds sprinting, and IIRC both Dragon Soul Relinquishment and the Achievement-adding mod allow you to buy increases to your base movement speed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: February 27, 2015, 05:47:16 am »

Well, probably mentioned somewhere on this thread. I'll just say again if it has already.

Looks like Bethesda is going to E3 this year

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12429/?

They never have gone before. Some people think they are going to announce BOTH Elder Scrolls 6 AND Fallout 4...which would be the first time they'd work on two games at once. Personally, I think it will just be Fallout 4 and it will be a HUGE announcement of some kind...seeing that they are going to E3 it will probably be bigger than any game before it.

Either that or its Elder Scrolls 6 and its gonna be some kind of epic ass game. Maybe it will have co-op and kill that crappy ESO MMO and I know the only reason they'd include co-op is to do just that. Since Bethesda (not Zenimax) actually refused an Elder Scrolls MMO, but Zenimax did it anyway.

But, this I doubt as that would mean Fallout is skipped entirely for another sequel.

But if it is a ES 6 with co-op, I'll laugh so hard. Would be a HUGE defeat to Zenimax backstabbing Bethesda with an MMO they did not want made. Not to say ESO is bad, but the inventory system in ESO is the worst inventory system I've ever seen in an MMO. That sole reason made me rage quit lol...

Then again, dunno what is up with Zenimax/Bethesda as I thought they were the same and one was made to be a publisher. Unless things are going behind the scenes most don't know about.

Probably just Fallout 4 and its gonna be the biggest game Bethesda ever. Or both FO4/ES6 and maybe add co-op to one/both. Can't think of too many other reasons to go to E3, except to announce something HUGE.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: February 27, 2015, 12:01:13 pm »

I highly doubt Bethesda would make a TES (or even fallout) with coop. It is more likely for there to be a spin-off in the vein of Battlespire featuring multiplayer than a game from the main series having it.

They may also be announcing something other than Fallout 4/TES6. Though Fallout 4 is pretty much guaranteed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: February 27, 2015, 03:21:05 pm »

Whatever they are announcing, I'm hoping the delay between the last ES/FO games is because they were too busy incorporating all the bad ass shit modders have made over the years.

Of course, I hope for that every year and am usually regularly disappointed that the core games are continually more casual offerings. It would be nice if they woke up to the fact people like survival and immersion in their games and start developing game mechanics around it. I love how they give us these big open worlds, but they've continually sucked at creating the tools and feature so it's a fun place to live in.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: February 27, 2015, 03:32:54 pm »

You'll know the world is ending when you're playing a ES/FO game tuned to your exact preferences with fewer than two dozen mods.

3. Run Resize Enable

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: February 27, 2015, 04:28:59 pm »

Whatever they are announcing, I'm hoping the delay between the last ES/FO games is because they were too busy incorporating all the bad ass shit modders have made over the years.

Isn't the average time between release of the recent Elder Scrolls games 5 years?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: February 27, 2015, 04:49:21 pm »

Isn't the average time between release of the recent Elder Scrolls games 5 years?
'94: Arena
'96: Daggerfall
'02: Morrowind
'06: Oblivion
'11: Skyrim

A bit closer to 4, if you don't count DLC or shit like ESO and Battlespire. It's not like those are spaced evenly, though, the mean is thrown off by Arena and Daggerfall. It'd also be a lot lower if you counted Redguard and Travels.

3. Run Resize Enable

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: February 27, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »

Ninja'd

2 years between Arena and Daggerfall, 6 years between Daggerfall and Morrowind, 4 years between Morrowind and Oblivion, and 5 years between Oblivion and Skyrim... I'd say we're probably due for another one. Though Fallout will probably have priority. I'm guessing they'll base it off of a re-tooled Skyrim engine.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: February 27, 2015, 05:08:28 pm »

Let's see- it goes:
-Morrowind (2002), apparently started work in 1996 but probably wasn't worked on in earnest until 1998's Redguard was released
-Oblivion (2006), a four year delay
-Skyrim (2011), and it's been closer to three years and three months since that released, remember it came out in November.

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announced a major game (ES or FO) mid 2016. Mind that Skyrim was announced 15 months before its release.

Edit: Dammit ninjas!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: February 27, 2015, 07:03:38 pm »

Keep in mind they make games other than the main series. Counting fallout 3 (and spin-offs in parenthesis):

1994: Arena
1996: Daggerfall - The 2-year gap can be explained by how buggy Daggerfall ended up, as well as all the procedural areas.
(1997: Battlespire)
(1998: Redguard)
2002: Morrowind - As stated, there were Battlespire and Redguard, as well as the canceled Eye of Argonia. Morrowind was also nearly entirely hand-crafted, with minimal procedural content (in the main game, I don't think there was a single generic bandit like in pretty much every other games of the series).
(2003: Dawnstar)
(2004: Stormhold and Shadowkey)
2006: Oblivion - Don't know if Bethesda actually made the Travels games, still four years.
2008: Fallout 3 - Only two years. Pretty fast, considering that it was pretty different in certain aspects from Oblivion.
2011: Skyrim - Three years again. It's been 3 years and a few months, as Sensei pointed out. If Fallout 4 comes out this year, we'd have a mostly 2/3 year pattern from Oblivion onwards.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: February 27, 2015, 07:20:50 pm »

I'd still be surprised if they announced a game less than a year before release. Or, how long was it from announce to release on FO3?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: February 27, 2015, 07:22:11 pm »

Four years.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: February 27, 2015, 08:13:50 pm »

Of course, I hope for that every year and am usually regularly disappointed that the core games are continually more casual offerings. It would be nice if they woke up to the fact people like survival and immersion in their games and start developing game mechanics around it. I love how they give us these big open worlds, but they've continually sucked at creating the tools and feature so it's a fun place to live in.

1. The majority of people don't like that stuff, or at least they don't really care about it very much. Yes, those type of mods are popular... but only a small fraction of the total people who play use them. For example skyrim sold just fine on consoles and they don't get mods at all.

2. Why should they bother when the community always does that stuff for them for free anyway?

Well, probably mentioned somewhere on this thread. I'll just say again if it has already.

Looks like Bethesda is going to E3 this year

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12429/?

They never have gone before. Some people think they are going to announce BOTH Elder Scrolls 6 AND Fallout 4...which would be the first time they'd work on two games at once. Personally, I think it will just be Fallout 4 and it will be a HUGE announcement of some kind...seeing that they are going to E3 it will probably be bigger than any game before it.

Probably fallout 4, wasn't there some sort of teaser or ARG or something a while back? or did that turn out to be a hoax?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: February 27, 2015, 08:24:41 pm »

Considering how badly Bethesda fucked up Fallout 3, I'd much rather they stick to Elder Scrolls games.  Now if the announcement is that Obsidian is making a new Fallout, I'm all in.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: February 27, 2015, 08:28:07 pm »

Said it once, I'll say it again. Take the atmosphere of FO3, which I must admit I have a guilty pleasure for, and everything else from NV, and mush it together.
I would love that.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 896