Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558702 times)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12255 on: July 07, 2015, 08:26:43 am »

Holy crap, I recently started playing Skyrim and want to have the vanilla experience at first, but wow that Epic Gameplay Overhaul looks really awesome.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: July 07, 2015, 07:58:59 pm »

So I've been trying to get into Skyrim after replaying New Vegas and FO3 again, thus slowly weaning myself onto Bethesda games. I already have a modlist in mind, but I have a question of which combat revamp I should pick, Duel or Ultimate Combat?

Also is Epic Gameplay Overhaul worth it or should I just stick to Civil War Overhaul?
Is Civil War Overhaul stable for you? It lags my box to death if i run other mods with it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: July 07, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »

I was able to run civil war overhaul with no lag. Personally I decided not to keep it, but I can't fault the mod.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: July 07, 2015, 08:14:12 pm »

So I've been trying to get into Skyrim after replaying New Vegas and FO3 again, thus slowly weaning myself onto Bethesda games. I already have a modlist in mind, but I have a question of which combat revamp I should pick, Duel or Ultimate Combat?

Also is Epic Gameplay Overhaul worth it or should I just stick to Civil War Overhaul?
Is Civil War Overhaul stable for you? It lags my box to death if i run other mods with it.

I had no issues with it at all. The main problem mod was Frostfall that a lot of people use. That killed my game and increased my CTDs A LOT, even on a lighter load list. That one is #1 game killer, even with a lesser mod list.

Also. Frostfall off

save 9mb at completely new game. Raises to 11mb over a period of 6 hours. Save still loads fine, no issues.

Frostfall 12mb new game, raises to 14-16 mb over a period of 3 hours and then causes MASSIVE issues, save unloadable
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: July 07, 2015, 09:56:20 pm »

I think that Duel does a better job of it, but I'm sure that there are people who'd argue the opposite. That's not the end of combat mods, either, there are a lot that work well when overlapped; my personal setup is Duel + Combat Evolved + VioLens, and that's not including other related stuff like Deadly Dragons, SPERG, Tougher Traps, Faster Arrows, &c.

Don't use Civil War Overhaul if you like your games to run smoothly and not crash. It's a good concept but the execution is virtually unplayable for a lot of people.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: July 08, 2015, 12:02:37 am »

Okay, I'll just add Warzones then.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: July 08, 2015, 12:17:08 am »

Warzones is worse, do not add it.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:47 am »

Warzones has afaik not been updated since 2012.

fakedit: or maybe not: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9494/?

but i doubt the implementation is improved, what with its aim being quite large.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: July 08, 2015, 12:47:56 am »

warzones causes save corruption, mass CTDs, and TONS of problems. On an unmodded game with only unofficial patches (cause why play without unofficial patches? no thanks, no mod is worth sacrificing those).

Avoid it like the plague.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: July 08, 2015, 12:57:18 am »

But but muh war.

Eh, I'll manage without it. Even if the game feels like A FILTHY LIAR for not actually comitting to the whole grand "civil war" thing.

So, current modlist:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've been thinking of adding Wet and Cold and a basic needs mod. And suggestions on the latter?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: July 08, 2015, 01:58:58 am »

Here's the usual link.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:54:40 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: July 08, 2015, 02:01:19 am »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: July 08, 2015, 02:06:47 am »

I just want to be clear, this is the mod equivalent of, "Oh, this mustard is a bit strong, I guess I'll just shove my nose in this horseradish sauce and inhale deeply."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: July 08, 2015, 02:19:54 am »

I just want to be clear, this is the mod equivalent of, "Oh, this mustard is a bit strong, I guess I'll just shove my nose in this horseradish sauce and inhale deeply."
Warzones is worse, do not add it.
Warzones has afaik not been updated since 2012.

fakedit: or maybe not: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9494/?

but i doubt the implementation is improved, what with its aim being quite large.
warzones causes save corruption, mass CTDs, and TONS of problems. On an unmodded game with only unofficial patches (cause why play without unofficial patches? no thanks, no mod is worth sacrificing those).

Avoid it like the plague.
I think I get it now guys. Warzones is the best thing ever, right?  :P

Anyway, I opted for iNeed.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: July 09, 2015, 02:41:16 pm »

I had no issues with it at all. The main problem mod was Frostfall that a lot of people use. That killed my game and increased my CTDs A LOT, even on a lighter load list. That one is #1 game killer, even with a lesser mod list.

Also. Frostfall off

save 9mb at completely new game. Raises to 11mb over a period of 6 hours. Save still loads fine, no issues.

Frostfall 12mb new game, raises to 14-16 mb over a period of 3 hours and then causes MASSIVE issues, save unloadable
Damnit really? I like using Frostfall. Is it due to the amount of npcs or regardless its a fucking mess? I rather have a workaround for this solution cause I like was Frostfall gives me alongside with Realistic Needs and Diseases
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 896