Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558560 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12585 on: March 29, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »

According to the instructions its supposed to load after the bashed patch, and should be generated after the patch is generated.

I've been running too many of the script heavy mods on my laptop, its really slowed the game down. T.T
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12586 on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:18 pm »

Ok, so it DOES make an ESP file, though I don't have a batched patch because I've never done it before and was afraid I would BREAK ALL THE THINGS if I attempted it. The only files I have right now that really add equipment though is Civil War Overhaul, so could that be causing my problems?

Semi-relatedly, I've been having a weird issue where LOOT tells me the DLC files have lots of dirty edits, but TESVEdit disagrees when I go to fix it. Not really sure which one I should trust on this. And if LOOT is right then I have no idea what to do about it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12587 on: March 29, 2016, 05:09:37 pm »

But ice is so much good on dragons if you pair it with that slow time mod :x

Imagine setting up a hundred or so ice spears, resuming time and seeing draggy draggono get impaled
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: March 29, 2016, 05:44:50 pm »

Dirty edits are usually nothing to worry about. IIRC, they basically mean "This mod has data for something it doesn't change, this could fuck with compatibility if your load order is wrong". It's a non-issue for the DLC, I'm almost certain. But you absolutely should use a Bashed patch if your load order is at all complicated - it's fairly straightforward, and worst case you can always deactvate it. It's just an extra ESP that tries to synchronize all the changes your mods make to things that two mods can't alter at once - the loot tables for enemies, for example, would get overwritten instead of added to by mods higher up the chain. I'd look for a youtube tutorial on getting Wryebash to work, it'll be more reliable than me.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: March 29, 2016, 08:35:25 pm »

Dirty edits are usually nothing to worry about. IIRC, they basically mean "This mod has data for something it doesn't change, this could fuck with compatibility if your load order is wrong". It's a non-issue for the DLC, I'm almost certain.

There's two types. "Identical to Master Files" and "Deleted References"

Identicals are where you're trying to point your mod to something that already exists, but instead of doing that you make a whole new copy of the thing that exists and clutter up peoples systems. This can lead to script lag which leads to other, worse problems.

Deleted References are worse. That's where you're trying to replace X with Y and DELETE X FROM EXISTENCE. Now this doesn't SOUND bad until you realize other modders refernce files as shortcuts to make things. So if X has been deleted from existence and some other mod trys to point their mod to X as a reference, you either get a minor hiccup or EVERYTHING CRASHES INTO EVERYTHING ELSE.

So yeah, dirty edits can be pretty bad.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: April 21, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »

This is basically our main TES thread so im going to link this.

basically elder scrolls: the gathering co-designed by a pro mtg player

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: April 21, 2016, 03:19:17 pm »

Oh my sides the kneejerk backlash is stronk with that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12592 on: April 21, 2016, 04:28:25 pm »

this was announced a year ago?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12593 on: April 21, 2016, 04:39:25 pm »

why why why do these card games always allow you to attack the opponent? I'm fine with the simplified "mana" system, sure. Okay. But holy fuck let me defend myself with creatures.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12594 on: April 21, 2016, 05:01:11 pm »

Wait, why are they ripping off the title of Mojang's Scrolls TCG?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: April 21, 2016, 05:05:33 pm »

Ripping off? I thought this was a sequel?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12596 on: April 21, 2016, 05:17:03 pm »

why why why do these card games always allow you to attack the opponent? I'm fine with the simplified "mana" system, sure. Okay. But holy fuck let me defend myself with creatures.
Usually there is a type of creature that can defend against direct attacks, and any attack on the opponent is not reducing the damage he will do to your creatures or you next turn.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12597 on: April 21, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »

Usually there is a type of creature that can defend against direct attacks, and any attack on the opponent is not reducing the damage he will do to your creatures or you next turn.

I just. It's not a "new level of strategy". It's something that only recently started happening with card games, and I would rather play yu-gi-oh than one of these because at least my creatures on the field mean something more than just "lol do damage". I like the two-lane thing. That is an improvement. But oh my god.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: April 21, 2016, 08:43:58 pm »

Well, magic the gathering style blocking works really poorly in  a computer game because of lol interruptions of turn.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: April 21, 2016, 08:50:48 pm »

Yeah, MTG is all about instants and abilities and such piling on and on and on. It really doesn't translate well to a game.

But being able to go for the face is not something new. The old physical wowtcg (world of warcraft tcg) had that too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 896