Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550030 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12645 on: August 05, 2016, 10:46:59 am »

The mods are really good though
Yeah it's crazy that they didn't include any sort of survival mechanic in the icy wasteland game, but Frostfall fixes that.

I guess it's lame that they outsource so much of development to the fans, but eh, the end result is actually a lot better than most games so.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: August 05, 2016, 11:00:35 am »

I just really miss morrowind like times, sure I can play it again in good graphics but its also about being the metaphorical Icebreaker in an industry.
Bethesda has an opposite agenda, buy assets simplify sell on, rinse, wash...
In oblivion my mage coukd outrun his own fire balls, in theory i could have shot one at enemy and ran behind him witha knife. Skyrim tho.
It just lacked what the series had become.
It went from, the RPG for the players to experience, to the experience for RPG players.
I felt like I had no control over this silly skyrim region.
9/10 ign
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: August 05, 2016, 11:02:14 am »

Yeah it's crazy that they didn't include any sort of survival mechanic in the icy wasteland game, but Frostfall fixes that.

I guess it's lame that they outsource so much of development to the fans, but eh, the end result is actually a lot better than most games so.
Frostfall is also incredibly annoying and a pain in the ass. I am damn glad there is no survival elements.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: August 05, 2016, 11:10:58 am »

Personally I found iNeeds annoying and eventually disabled it, but really enjoyed Frostfall for some reason.  It didn't actually matter much in the southern areas, with the exception of cold rains, but it made the frigid north require just a little planning.  Swimming in ice water, for example - snowberries are common, but needing to use them just felt satisfying.

I was kinda bored of the combat though, probably because I didn't have any of those cool combat overhaul mods.

Edit:  In iNeeds "defense", it gave my first character a badass end.  Basically he went on a werewolf rampage for so long that he was lethally sleep deprived.  So he could never end the rampage or he'd die.  He was a Bosmer too, which was perfect.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:13:58 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: August 05, 2016, 11:31:11 am »

I love dragons dont get me wrong!
I played my first character killed tons. Then I realised dragons are crap in skyrim. Skyrim is terrible.
So i started again as a merchant who tried to cross a border unnoticed. Then some delrious nordic dream of dragons yada yada, you are the dragon born.... NO im not. Im a cat trader, how dare you say my mother fucked a snake! Stasis upon you!
so there you go the story of a merchant.
I hate being the chosen one. Skyrim was the wrong direction. Still is wrong. Bethesda is terrible at making a smooth game and then expect me to be happy with stat absence, wonky dragons, inability to create ones own spells.
Oh yeah btw its a cold as fuck game here is the fatigue/frostbite meter... wait whats that?! Oh I forgot, we dumb down our games now.
FUCK YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE SHIT AT MAKING A PROPER GAME.
I just wanted frostbite.

Then ul say. mods
Fuck you most of all

I just really miss morrowind like times, sure I can play it again in good graphics but its also about being the metaphorical Icebreaker in an industry.
Bethesda has an opposite agenda, buy assets simplify sell on, rinse, wash...
In oblivion my mage coukd outrun his own fire balls, in theory i could have shot one at enemy and ran behind him witha knife. Skyrim tho.
It just lacked what the series had become.
It went from, the RPG for the players to experience, to the experience for RPG players.
I felt like I had no control over this silly skyrim region.
9/10 ign

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nerevarine

If you're gonna hate on being the chosen one(which I don't necessarily disagree with), you shouldn't cite as an example of what you miss in the series the other game where you're "the chosen one".

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: August 05, 2016, 11:47:35 am »

Frostfall is also incredibly annoying and a pain in the ass. I am damn glad there is no survival elements.
Yeah, I enjoy Skyrim for it letting me be a badass murdergod without having to worry too much. I can totally understand why people like Frostfall, but it's not really for me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: August 05, 2016, 11:52:42 am »

Pet peeve, but still... uespwiki is way better, in pretty much every way. No horrible ads and clickbait everywhere either.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: August 05, 2016, 11:55:33 am »

Pet peeve, but still... uespwiki is way better, in pretty much every way. No horrible ads and clickbait everywhere either.
It also is easier on your browser/mobile because of lack of said ads.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: August 06, 2016, 04:02:50 am »

Also, the articles are more informative and better-written.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: August 06, 2016, 08:14:59 am »

Also, the articles are more informative and better-written.
When did we start talking about Playboy? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: August 06, 2016, 10:54:51 pm »

Skyrim is also not very satisfying to me. Have been going back and actually experiencing Morrowind recently. It's fantastically detailed, and for the most part, it allows you to play how you want. I think that's what I dislike the most about Skyrim and where TES is starting to lose me, in Morrowind you could be an invisible, wizarding monk who hit like Bruce Lee, now you can basically only be a "Thief", "Warrior", or "Mage." (A bit of an overstatement) It's just not quite as dynamic as it was and I think that had been an erstwhile mainstay of the TES series.

Also SKyrim's story is good, but Morrowind's is great. Subtle differences, but Skyrim just missed some of the behind the scenes work that previous elder scrolls games had in them. Oblivion also suffered from this... Wasn't quite as bad, but regardless, I miss the feeling that something larger than I realize is transpiring. Maybe Skryim's problem is that it just gives it all away up front like the slut it is.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: August 07, 2016, 06:27:34 am »

In Skyrim there's not even anything restricting you from being a thief, warrior and mage all at once. In Morrowind, it took effort to multiclass, and it felt awesome when you could finally cast a spell AND use a sword at the same time.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:29:23 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: August 07, 2016, 07:33:29 am »

I find it hard to care about or follow the main storyline in RPGs no matter how well tailored they are, I almost always end up making something up in my head and just going with that while I play. Ended up doing that for all of the Elder Scrolls games. I've done it with a ton of awful games as well, it makes them more interesting. It's like talking to yourself in your head, you can edit the narrative any time to make it more satisfying. send help

My favorite thing in Skyrim was playing a Dunmer blaster. Heavily modded, but still; the style of spellcasting in this game is great. I love shooting streams of fire out at a large group of enemies while they cross your rune-traps. It feels so desperate and raw. Or getting into a sith battle with other mages. On higher difficulties you have to get creative and use potions and stuff. Imagination is a great thing, if only I could ply it to real life

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: August 07, 2016, 10:10:38 am »

Eh, the way I play mages in Skyrim is I grind enchanting up to 100 and then I make destruction spells free and shoot lightning forever at everything

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: August 08, 2016, 01:16:20 am »

Skyrim has a disgustingly long list of mods so can I get some suggestions to make me want to play again?

I want:

- Disgustingly good graphics
- New quests
- Bug fixes
- New armor and weapons
- Stealth features, as I find the sneaking aspect to be underwhelming
- No joke mods, like replacing all dragons with tom the train trains.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 896