Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 848 849 [850] 851 852 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558251 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12735 on: August 14, 2016, 03:10:14 pm »

You know, despite my best Googling skills, I have yet to understand the basic concept of "Dreamworld" and that whole huge theory/fact/hypothesis. Maybe it's because I haven't read any of the books except the Lusty Argonian Maid and myths of Sheogorath. Maybe it's because I've only played Skyrim. Anyone of a YouTube video that lays out the whole thing? Or better yet, a video that lays out the entire creation and history of nirn.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12736 on: August 14, 2016, 06:06:42 pm »

Hey, let's discuss something a little less mind-bending:

So, what happened to the Dwemer?

((Trolololololol.))
They decided the universe was stupid so they left?
They became the Numidium. They didn't like being several degrees below the divine, so they made themselves divine. By becoming a giant, time-wrecking mecha.
What the fuck did happen to this dude, then? Did he became a part of Numidium retro/futuroactively?
Pretty sure that guy just died, probably because he went and decided to smash a Dwemer artifact of unknown power into a messed-up soul gem =P  Note the lack of both Sunder and the Heart of Lorkhan. Given that you can then repeatedly summon his shade, I would imagine that some aspect of him was trapped in either Keening or the soul gem and transfers to you because you're standing there right next to the dangerous experiment like a big dumb fetch-quester.

As for the dwarves, I know the intent was for them to recurse back up to the divine, but I'm not sure they pulled it off. At least not entirely or completely, seeing as how there's a bunch of Dwemer ghosts wandering the ruins in Morrowind. They were under a bit of a rushed schedule from their unruly neighbors when they tried it, after all.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12737 on: August 14, 2016, 06:14:30 pm »

Let's not forget the very conspicuous lack of Wraithgaurd as well - which is supposed to be required to even hold Keening(and Sunder). Arniel even notes that you held it in your bare hand, something that, the last time these items were seen, should have killed you.

His whole attitude to the experiment was "I shall re-create exactly the thing the Dwemer did! FOR SCIENCE! ... ...Eh, close enough."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12738 on: August 14, 2016, 06:28:04 pm »

Pretty sure that guy just died, probably because he went and decided to smash a Dwemer artifact of unknown power into a messed-up soul gem =P  Note the lack of both Sunder and the Heart of Lorkhan. Given that you can then repeatedly summon his shade, I would imagine that some aspect of him was trapped in either Keening or the soul gem and transfers to you because you're standing there right next to the dangerous experiment like a big dumb fetch-quester.

As for the dwarves, I know the intent was for them to recurse back up to the divine, but I'm not sure they pulled it off. At least not entirely or completely, seeing as how there's a bunch of Dwemer ghosts wandering the ruins in Morrowind. They were under a bit of a rushed schedule from their unruly neighbors when they tried it, after all.
...Eh, close enough.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12739 on: August 14, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »

Funnily enough, thats more or less my character with alchemy!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12740 on: August 14, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

I just remembered, there was a Restoration skillbook in Morrowind in which the protagonist casts a Fortify Intelligence spell and then uses his intelligence to remove one of his rivals by proving he doesn't exist, causing the rival to cease being. Did this guy manage to temporarily achieve CHIM from an intelligence boost? Now I'm wondering if the Nerevarine never did it, and instead got the same effect by stacking Fortify Intelligence potions.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12741 on: August 14, 2016, 08:30:21 pm »

I just remembered, there was a Restoration skillbook in Morrowind in which the protagonist casts a Fortify Intelligence spell and then uses his intelligence to remove one of his rivals by proving he doesn't exist, causing the rival to cease being. Did this guy manage to temporarily achieve CHIM from an intelligence boost? Now I'm wondering if the Nerevarine never did it, and instead got the same effect by stacking Fortify Intelligence potions.
sounds like he just forced someone else to zero sum

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12742 on: August 14, 2016, 09:34:55 pm »

Clearly I need to read through more Morrowind books. :P
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12743 on: August 14, 2016, 09:53:20 pm »

I watched a morrowind speed run. 4:19. And dear god, is it beautiful.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12744 on: August 14, 2016, 10:04:16 pm »

Ah, is that the one that claims to be a "clean" run, but very obviously abuses a later-fixed glitch causing constant-while-equipped enchants becoming permanent if you hotkey and switch equipment very rapidly?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12745 on: August 14, 2016, 10:33:21 pm »

I have no idea.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12746 on: August 14, 2016, 11:54:19 pm »

All I saw in this thread for the past few pages was

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Thalmor♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Dwemer♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12747 on: August 14, 2016, 11:57:26 pm »

accurate

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12748 on: August 15, 2016, 05:10:26 am »

Now I'm watching it too. The nostalgia is real, but goddamn the game was/is ugly

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12749 on: August 15, 2016, 05:43:29 am »

Now I'm watching it too. The nostalgia is real, but goddamn the game was/is ugly
YOU N'WAAAAAH!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 848 849 [850] 851 852 ... 896